HELP TOPIC - further help in chat.osx86.hu/#legacykernel (IRC)

SL ML AMD APU FX Bulldozer

• Please log in to reply
2091 replies to this topic

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Producing Music

Reposted here.
I installed from 10.8.0 with Sinetek's original kernel. Then updated to 10.8.2. Anything that I have seen since just instantly reboots after processing kexts.

I got exactly the same problem! first it didn't work and then after adding corecrypto.kext to my /extra/extensions folder it worked.
After processing kexts, it loaded this corecrypto and it booted.
But now it looks like it can't boot the corecrypto anymore ;0

Anybody who nows how to be sure it boots this kext?

Bitcore

Gismo

Gismo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

I got exactly the same problem! first it didn't work and then after adding corecrypto.kext to my /extra/extensions folder it worked.
After processing kexts, it loaded this corecrypto and it booted.
But now it looks like it can't boot the corecrypto anymore ;0

Anybody who nows how to be sure it boots this kext?

Bitcore

I have also the problem with FX8350 and ASUS Crosshair V motherboard with 16GB ram and Nvidia GTX 670.
So far I have only been only able to use Sinetek original ML kernel from the first page and it comes KP
unfortunately boot the Kernel from Andy Vandijck nothing.
Who can pleace help me?

Best regards,

Gismo

MadMungo

MadMungo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I have been trying to get ML 10.8.2 installed on my machine, ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z with 16Gb ram and ATI HD5970.

So far I can get it to load all the kexts but it then goes to a Black screen for 20-30 seconds and reboots, resetting my bios
to defaults.

I have tried sineteks kernel, andys kernel & various corecrypto.kexts etc and still get the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
MadMungo

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
If I can install ML on the following then please do let me know.

Phenom II 960T
8GB DDR3
GA-880gm-USB 3 rev 3.1
Sapphire HD 7750 2 GB DDR3

Thanks.

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Caffeine, OS X, AMD Hackintosh

I have been trying to get ML 10.8.2 installed on my machine, ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z with 16Gb ram and ATI HD5970.

So far I can get it to load all the kexts but it then goes to a Black screen for 20-30 seconds and reboots, resetting my bios
to defaults.

I have tried sineteks kernel, andys kernel & various corecrypto.kexts etc and still get the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
MadMungo

Sounds like the kernel is still "vanilla", because that's what happens when you boot AMD on vanilla kernel, instant reboot. However, it can also be your FX processor, but it should work.

If I can install ML on the following then please do let me know.

Phenom II 960T
8GB DDR3
GA-880gm-USB 3 rev 3.1
Sapphire HD 7750 2 GB DDR3

Thanks.

Easily bro! :)
I suggest using myHack, make 10.8.2 USB, change kernel to Andy's. If it says something about corecrypto, use the patched one.
If still no boot, use Sinetek's test2 or the original kernel with patched corecrypto.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,907 posts
Not as easy as seems to be, Deltac0: his graphics card is an AMD 7750. 7xxx series will be supported by the upcoming 10.8.3 update, but they're currently not supported. TheMentalist'll have to wait a couple of weeks or even more than that.

MadMungo, you'll have to add the kernel flags the point to the chosen kernel. With latest AnV, use "amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v" (without the quotes, of course).

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Sounds like the kernel is still "vanilla", because that's what happens when you boot AMD on vanilla kernel, instant reboot. However, it can also be your FX processor, but it should work.

Easily bro! :)
I suggest using myHack, make 10.8.2 USB, change kernel to Andy's. If it says something about corecrypto, use the patched one.
If still no boot, use Sinetek's test2 or the original kernel with patched corecrypto.

But will the kernel be a 32 bit or 64 ? and I am more worried about my GPU which is a HD 7750 is that supported ?

happel

happel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

But will the kernel be a 32 bit or 64 ? and I am more worried about my GPU which is a HD 7750 is that supported ?

Read the post above you

MadMungo

MadMungo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

MadMungo, you'll have to add the kernel flags the point to the chosen kernel. With latest AnV, use "amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v" (without the quotes, of course).

@ Deltac0 & theconnactic

Yes that is what I am doing. tried every kernel, including AnV's on the first page with a multitude of different kernel flags and still no luck.

Have tried using Legacy OS and UEFI Aware settings in bios as well with no noticable change.

I will soldier on and see if I can fluke a combination and get it to install/boot.

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Caffeine, OS X, AMD Hackintosh
@TheConnactic, I know HD7xxx insn't supported yet, but could it be possible to try to use the kexts from 10.8.3 beta?
I think Netkas did some research about that...

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,619 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...
Explanation here: http://netkas.org
;)

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
The lines before my system reboots: http://img210.images...258/errorhs.png
Whyyyyyy...
Anyone who knows what to do about it?

Bitcore

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts
bad SMBIOS

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

bad SMBIOS

actually none SMBIOS

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts
jejejejeje!!!!! and like you want boot your system!!!!! if you not have a SMBIOS , post your Extra folder, and please put your hardware in your signature for support

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,907 posts
Bitcore, which kernel are you using?

You have to use the name of the kernel as a boot flag, did you do it? I.e.: if you're using AnV's latest kernel, you'll have to use the boot flag amd_kernel before typing arch=x86_64 and the other boot flags.

Best regards!

P.S.: and edit your signature so it has your exact specs, like iFire said.

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Bitcore, which kernel are you using?

You have to use the name of the kernel as a boot flag, did you do it? I.e.: if you're using AnV's latest kernel, you'll have to use the boot flag amd_kernel before typing arch=x86_64 and the other boot flags.

Best regards!

P.S.: and edit your signature so it has your exact specs, like iFire said.

I always boot with amd_kernel as flag. i do not have a mach_kernel on it so if i boot without amd_kernel it just says "cant find mach_kernel" ;)

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,907 posts
Post please your complete specs. This instant reboot issue should have been obliterated from AMD machines.

byransays

byransays

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hey! back on Lion, trying to get 64-bit with Itz shanes latest build. First boot I had a KP on AppleRTC, so I disabled it, now after a -f boot I got a KP on AppleOnboardPCATA...however when I look in my Extensions folder, there is no such kext?

Alright pictures. This one is normal boot. (with -f)
Posted Image

This is with safe mode(and -f)
Posted Image

It seems im stuck on FakeSMC and this AppleOnboardPCATA(which sometimes is AppleOnboardPCATARoot)

Ive tried a newer FakeSMC to no avail...and like I said I can not find an AppleOnboardPCATA kext, nor a plugin in kexts like AppleACPIFamily and such. Any ideas?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,907 posts
See if it's inside FakeSMC.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SL, ML, AMD, APU, FX, Bulldozer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy