HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

I'm a beginner (only started using hackintosh 3 days ago and never had a mac in my life). So be gentle :)

I've been learning a lot in the last 3 days. I've started with niresh 10.10.1 on my amd system (see my sig) and upgraded it to 10.10.5. It's been a wild ride since I had to try two different mobos and two graphics cards before I found a setup that works well (gtx 570 looks promising but eventually always starts to have problem with official drivers or with web drivers, when I switched to gtx 610 things stabilised). (plus I had to learn all the mac stuff, I'm coming from the linux world)

My question is: I tried all the different kernels when upgrading to 10.10.5. My bootloader at the time was chameleon (I used different versions). spakk_10105 is the one that worked for me. But then I switched to enoch bootloader and I saw that it patches a prelinked kernel. My question is: the prelinked kernel that enoch is patching, that looks to me the stock kernel that comes with 10.10.5. Is enoch simply patching the stock kernel?

And second question: the power management on AMD, I understand most people are using the nullCpuPowerManagement. Perhaps stupid question, but can PM get working on AMD with DSDT/SSDT? I don't really know what DSDT/SSDT are and somewhere I read they are Intel specific, my understanding is that DSDT defines the specific of the motherboard (and perhaps broader than just the mobo). If this is the case DSDT is needed to define how to setup PM for specific motherboard+CPU irrespective of CPU being Intel or AMD?

What I'd like to have is the ability to suspend my system. (I'm ok to run at 100% performance all the time just having suspend would be nice) 

Sorry, but the title of this topic is [AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic) - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/

• Like 1

I'm a beginner (only started using hackintosh 3 days ago and never had a mac in my life). So be gentle  :)

I've been learning a lot in the last 3 days. I've started with niresh 10.10.1 on my amd system (see my sig) and upgraded it to 10.10.5. It's been a wild ride since I had to try two different mobos and two graphics cards before I found a setup that works well (gtx 570 looks promising but eventually always starts to have problem with official drivers or with web drivers, when I switched to gtx 610 things stabilised). (plus I had to learn all the mac stuff, I'm coming from the linux world)

My question is: I tried all the different kernels when upgrading to 10.10.5. My bootloader at the time was chameleon (I used different versions). spakk_10105 is the one that worked for me. But then I switched to enoch bootloader and I saw that it patches a prelinked kernel. My question is: the prelinked kernel that enoch is patching, that looks to me the stock kernel that comes with 10.10.5. Is enoch simply patching the stock kernel?

And second question: the power management on AMD, I understand most people are using the nullCpuPowerManagement. Perhaps stupid question, but can PM get working on AMD with DSDT/SSDT? I don't really know what DSDT/SSDT are and somewhere I read they are Intel specific, my understanding is that DSDT defines the specific of the motherboard (and perhaps broader than just the mobo). If this is the case DSDT is needed to define how to setup PM for specific motherboard+CPU irrespective of CPU being Intel or AMD?

What I'd like to have is the ability to suspend my system. (I'm ok to run at 100% performance all the time just having suspend would be nice) 

@lpukraine,
you've got me completely messed up today. :yes:
here are discussed only the issues and problems associated with Yosemite kernel development, no support and assistance related to the installation of OS X or the problems caused by the installation.

help toppic can be found here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/page-128?do=findComment&comment=2170215

• Like 2

I installed yosemite 10.10.5 with Spakk kernel patch. The thing is I can only boot with safe mode (-x). 

Without safe mode, I get to a grey screen with a spinning beach ball.

Here's my build: 

Amd fx 8350

ga-990fxa-ud3

2x4gb ram

hd 7770

Some help would be appreciated. Thanks.

hi, 

I could go further possible but stucked at graphics card issue. my specs are AMD FX 8300, sapphire R9 280 (hd 7950).

I used bronya's patched kernel, I tried to use kexts for hd7950 in extra folder. (normally this card's id included in vanilla kernels as 0x679a1002) but it doesnt load the installation screen. 

I tried different boot flags, no luck. Besides this installer goes nice until here. (screenshot) 

post-1589001-0-63466800-1443212731_thumb

any advices?

I installed yosemite 10.10.5 with Spakk kernel patch. The thing is I can only boot with safe mode (-x). 

Without safe mode, I get to a grey screen with a spinning beach ball.

Here's my build: 

Amd fx 8350

ga-990fxa-ud3

2x4gb ram

hd 7770

Some help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Modify the AMDRadeonX4000.kext as described below

Editing in: S/L/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist

cail_properties

CAIL_DisableDrmdmaPowerGating

CAIL_DisableDynamicGfxMGPowerGating

CAIL_DisableGfxCGPowerGating

CAIL_DisableGmcPowerGating

CAIL_DisableStaticGfxMGPowerGating

CAIL_DisableUVDPowerGating

CAIL_DisableVCEPowerGating

if there could be problems then make these adjustments:

cail_properties

• Like 1

hi, 

I could go further possible but stucked at graphics card issue. my specs are AMD FX 8300, sapphire R9 280 (hd 7950).

I used bronya's patched kernel, I tried to use kexts for hd7950 in extra folder. (normally this card's id included in vanilla kernels as 0x679a1002) but it doesnt load the installation screen. 

I tried different boot flags, no luck. Besides this installer goes nice until here. (screenshot) 

any advices?

and GraphicsEnable=No ?

http://www.rampagedev.com/?page_id=82&page=6

hi, 

any advices?

I think I have a solution to your problem. I found this in another forum.

a user from another forum, reported among other things:

Disable VT-d in BIOS.

should your system:

Stuck:[iOBluetoothHCIController[start]completed

Issue:stuck at [iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

If you have a VGA Cable for your monitor, you should use either an HDMI or DVI cable.

should you not have an HDMI or DVI cable, then buy a:

"Mini DP to DVI cable" so will your graphics card working.

boot your AMD hackintosh with: -v -x kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 usekernelcache=No

(install all drivers as Chipset driver etc. to /Extra/Extensions /)

Edit:

..... and test it also has as Gils described, with: GraphicsEnabler=NO or Yes

Disable VT-d in BIOS.

It is equivalent to AMD-Vi (in other words IOMMU Mode) in my BIOS and it was disabled, I tried by enabling but without any success. 

The kexts I put in extra/extensions folder are; 

Screen_Shot_2015_09_26_at_18_18_44.png

I tried to bootflags too, no luck. 

The issue is since I have AMD chip, there is no 2nd gpu, and the r9 280 (hd 7950) doesn't recognised by installer so it is not starting. 

I played with vanilla kexts a lot, so I'll try a clean install and put only the essentials kexts in E/E folder with very basic plist and amd kernel. I dont know, I am almost giving up this issue. 

Any more advises? 

@alllp

How did you install Yosemite? ( probably a backup from a different computer? )  get you this message when you using the USB installer?

Edit:

install safety's sake nor the FakeSMC.kext in /Extra/Extensions/

and upload here your org.chameleon.boot.plist or config.plist not possibly missing something?

Have you noticed this info? What do you use?

should your system:
Stuck:[IOBluetoothHCIController[start]completed

Issue:stuck at [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

If you have a VGA Cable for your monitor, you should use either an HDMI or DVI cable.
should you not have an HDMI or DVI cable, then buy a:
"Mini DP to DVI cable" so will your graphics card working.

Hello guys! Can you tell me is there any chance to run parallels desktop on amd cpu? I saw that Glis have it working, but how did he do that? Glis if you can explain how did you make it wotk, I would be very grateful!)

Hello guys! Can you tell me is there any chance to run parallels desktop on amd cpu? I saw that Glis have it working, but how did he do that? Glis if you can explain that, I would be very grateful!)

basically parallels desktop working on my hackintosh :yes:

oh my god!

That page says SAPPHIRE is unsupported under Mac OS X and my card is that exactly!, I think I bought the most unsupported hardware to create a hackintosh :)

foto_raf_1.jpg

foto_raf_2.jpg

Anyone using the same SAPPHIRE R9 280 (0x679A1002) HD 7950 card working under Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 ?

can you start the SystemInfo.app and read the device ID and vendor ID

Is it to me? I cant because the system is not installed, I am not able to install.  Here is the screenshot from windows about the GPU; 

t9y.png

and plist; 

Screen_Shot_2015_09_26_at_19_07_32.png

and I am using DVI (from GPU card) - HDMI (monitor) cable

Edited by alllp

oh my god!

That page says SAPPHIRE is unsupported under Mac OS X and my card is that exactly!, I think I bought the most unsupported hardware to create a hackintosh :)

Anyone using the same SAPPHIRE R9 280 (0x679A1002) HD 7950 card working under Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 ?

I think that you can start at the moment only Windows operating system, so install ** and export a raw dsdt-file and upload it here.

** (use the DSDT Editor (the tool is available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X) or with AIDA64 (trial version),

Modify the AMDRadeonX4000.kext as described below

Editing in: S/L/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist

cail_properties

if there could be problems then make these adjustments:

cail_properties

Thanks  man, it worked!

But ethernet is not working.. I installed the realtek 8169 and rebooted, without luck. (also tried the 8111) 

No It's crashing. Which settings should be done for parallels?

I've checked again, it was installed on 10.9.5 and 10.10.4, now I have also been installed on 10.10.5, it works without any problems, everything works perfect

Thanks  man, it worked!

But ethernet is not working.. I installed the realtek 8169 and rebooted, without luck. (also tried the 8111) 

Which board do you use? please write your hardware specifications in your signature, so do not have to constantly ask other user to your hardware specification, please

Is it to me? I cant because the system is not installed, I am not able to install.  Here is the screenshot from windows about the GPU; 

and plist; 

and I am using DVI (from GPU card) - HDMI (monitor) cable

your org.chameleon.boot.plist looks confusing, and faulty

LOL Just noticed we have the same motherboard Spakk.  Can you tell me which bootloader and drivers you use for 10.10.5?

Thanks  man, it worked!

Added my build in signature. 

• Like 1

I've checked again, it was installed on 10.9.5 and 10.10.4, now I have also been installed on 10.10.5, it works without any problems, everything works perfect

Which board do you use? please write your hardware specifications in your signature, so do not have to constantly ask other user to your hardware specification, please

your org.chameleon.boot.plist looks confusing, and faulty

It's working! It was because of I had disabled Secure Virtual Machine Mode! Now everything is working, even VMWare Fusion! Wow!

post-1484325-0-62244800-1443288924_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks  man, it worked!

install Realtek Ethernet  you have the same board that I have, then it will work.