Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, oSxFr33k said:

It just stops booting at that point nothing wrong with USB because the other drive has Catalina on it and it boots just fine.   I also have a second Catalina installed onto 2nd volume of first container and first volume of 2nd container.   I have to try this instead I have been using boot0af forever with legacy bios, never tried boot0ss, and maybe now with new APFS need boot0ss?.  Are you using the legacy only clover installer or the latest clover package that allows for legacy settings?  During clover install you chose boot0ss then reboot then in terminal ran dd command?  What if I have a second container what would the command be for that, just change to "&& to boot1s1' for example?  Is there a new thread going on about this with new APFS and legacy boot would like to get more information on it.  Thanks!

It looks like a bug. We shouldn't install boot1*** into disk1 volume because it is APFS container, not real disk.

Otherwise I have one drive disk0 with installed boot sectors. I have EFI folder on it with legacy Clover boot (it was boot6) and it successfully starts Mojave from APFS container in legacy mode. Computer #1 in my signature.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smolderas said:

Is there a how to to migrate from sourceforge to GitHub? What do I need to do to re-initialise the gitlab locally on Mac?

Edit: I see, there is a buildme script.

You can use 'clovergit' by @Sherlocks to create local Clover Github Repo (file in attachment): this script is a pre-script that starts buildme after cloning 

clovergit

13 hours ago, Slice said:

It looks like a bug. We shouldn't install boot1*** into disk1 volume because it is APFS container, not real disk.

Otherwise I have one drive disk0 with installed boot sectors. I have EFI folder on it with legacy Clover boot (it was boot6) and it successfully starts Mojave from APFS container in legacy mode. Computer #1 in my signature

So explain what I need to do to fix this, run clover as usual choosing the boot0af or boot0ss option, which one?  After clover install reboot then run the dd command after clover is installed and which one will I install with the dd command?

Can you reply with the complete dd command here please or a link to the procedure. 

I remember now some bug for legacy bios in some clover legacy installs, requiring the dd command to be run and only the one command not both as Badruzeus had replied with?

Thanks!

Edited by oSxFr33k

9 hours ago, oSxFr33k said:

So explain what I need to do to fix this, run clover as usual choosing the boot0af or boot0ss option, which one?  After clover install reboot then run the dd command after clover is installed and which one will I install with the dd command?

Can you reply with the complete dd command here please or a link to the procedure. 

I remember now some bug for legacy bios in some clover legacy installs, requiring the dd command to be run and only the one command not both as Badruzeus had replied with?

Thanks!

First find your drives

iMac-Sergey:~ sergey$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *500.1 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:                 Apple_APFS Container disk1         271.2 GB   disk0s2
   3:                  Apple_HFS HighHD                  118.3 GB   disk0s3
   4:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s4
   5:                        EFI NO NAME                 104.9 MB   disk0s5
   6:       Microsoft Basic Data Data                    109.7 GB   disk0s6

/dev/disk1 (synthesized):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      APFS Container Scheme -                      +271.2 GB   disk1
                                 Physical Store disk0s2
   1:                APFS Volume MacHD                   63.3 GB    disk1s1
   2:                APFS Volume Preboot                 46.5 MB    disk1s2
   3:                APFS Volume Recovery                1.0 GB     disk1s3
   4:                APFS Volume VM                      5.4 GB     disk1s4

In my case there is disk0s1 as EFI partition.

Install MBR boot sector:

cd src/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/
dd if=/dev/rdisk0 count=1 bs=512 of=origMBR
cp origMBR newMBR
dd if=boot0af of=newMBR bs=1 count=440 conv=notrunc
dd if=newMBR of=/dev/rdisk0 count=1 bs=512

Then install PBR boot sector

dd if=/dev/rdisk0s1 count=1 bs=512 of=origbs
cp boot1f32 newbs
dd if=origbs of=newbs skip=3 seek=3 bs=1 count=87 conv=notrunc
dd if=newbs of=/dev/rdisk0s1 count=1 bs=512

Then copy boot file into EFI partition

sudo diskutil mount EFI
cd ../Bootloaders/x64
cp boot6 /Volumes/EFI/boot

Then copy EFI folder and tune it.

• Like 3

I added some gcc9 building workarounds for Catalina with latest commit, it should now be able to produce a working gcc9 build on Catalina.

To do this, first completely delete your old attempts (delete ~/src/opt/) and start fresh.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 3:32 AM, Sherlocks said:

....build: : warning: Module MetaFile [Sources] is missing local header!

Local Header: /users/sherlocks/src/cloverbootloader/include/library/devicetreelib.h not found in /Users/sherlocks/src/CloverBootloader/Library/DeviceTreeLib/DeviceTreeLib.inf

build: : warning: Module MetaFile [Sources] is missing local header!

Local Header: /users/sherlocks/src/cloverbootloader/include/library/devicetreelib.h not found in /Users/sherlocks/src/CloverBootloader/Library/DeviceTreeLib/DeviceTreeLib.inf

Local Header: /users/sherlocks/src/cloverbootloader/include/library/ocguardlib.h not found in /Users/sherlocks/src/CloverBootloader/Library/OcGuardLib/OcGuardLib.inf

Local Header: /users/sherlocks/src/cloverbootloader/include/library/ocguardlib.h not found in /Users/sherlocks/src/CloverBootloader/Library/OcGuardLib/OcGuardLib.inf

.build: : warning: Module MetaFile [Sources] is missing local header!

Local Header: /users/sherlocks/src/cloverbootloader/include/library/macholib.h not found in /Users/sherlocks/src/CloverBootloader/Library/MachoLib/MachoLib.inf

Local Header: /users/sherlocks/src/cloverbootloader/include/library/macholib.h not found in /Users/sherlocks/src/CloverBootloader/Library/MachoLib/MachoLib.inf

These warnings were due to inverse include order of MdePkg.dec and CloverPkg.dec.

I corrected it with latest commit.

Edited by Pene
  • Like 3

big big problem on latest Catalina 10.15 (19A603) and Clover Legacy /esp

if you have already the boot file in usr/standalonbe/i386

the package failed!  You need delete this for make it work

sudo rm -r "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h"

sudo rm -r "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/boot1f32"

sudo rm -r "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/boot1f32alt"

sudo rm -rf "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h2"

sudo rm -rf "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/boot0af"

sudo rm -rf "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/boot0ss"

sudo rm -rf "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/boot1x"

sudo rm -rf "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/boot1xalt"

sudo rm -rf "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/Description.txt"

sudo rm -rf "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/Installation.txt"

sudo rm -rf "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/x64

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

big big problem on latest Catalina 10.15 (19A603) and Clover Legacy /esp

if you have already the boot file in usr/standalonbe/i386

the package failed!  You need delete this for make it work

sudo rm -r "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h"

sudo rm -r "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/boot1f32"

sudo rm -r "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/boot1f32alt"

sudo rm -rf "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h2"

sudo rm -rf "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/boot0af"

sudo rm -rf "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/boot0ss"

sudo rm -rf "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/boot1x"

sudo rm -rf "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/boot1xalt"

sudo rm -rf "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/Description.txt"

sudo rm -rf "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/Installation.txt"

sudo rm -rf "${3}/usr/standalone/i386/x64

When are you getting this error? Some more details please.

5 hours ago, Pene said:

When are you getting this error? Some more details please.

here the details @pene

Installer is the one from Github

and its the same result with my compilling package

Attaching complete Log file

185705679_Capturedcranle2019-10-2405_05_48.thumb.png.f9c2d21fa958e0efa99ab4be345ce550.png

What I see as an error in the Log is this

Spoiler

Oct 24 05:05:25 iMac-de-chris installd[595]: PackageKit: Shoving /Library/InstallerSandboxes/.PKInstallSandboxManager/562FEAE5-CE2E-4B7E-B6DE-8B02B02E3FAF.activeSandbox/Root (4 items) to /
Oct 24 05:05:25 iMac-de-chris shove[4569]: [source=file] failed _RelinkFile(/Library/InstallerSandboxes/.PKInstallSandboxManager/562FEAE5-CE2E-4B7E-B6DE-8B02B02E3FAF.activeSandbox/Root/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h2, /usr/standalone/i386/boot1h2): Directory not empty

edit ******

Also whenever it fails must also delete this on the root disk because the process does not know how to complete

Spoiler

1648798408_Capturedcranle2019-10-2405_19_06.png.685197b6658acc04ee60a70069d8839e.png

Historique de Programme d’installation 24-Oct-2019.txt.zip

Edited by chris1111
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, chris1111 said:

here the details @pene

185705679_Capturedcranle2019-10-2405_05_48.thumb.png.f9c2d21fa958e0efa99ab4be345ce550.png

Reveal hidden contents

Oct 24 05:05:25 iMac-de-chris installd[595]: PackageKit: Shoving /Library/InstallerSandboxes/.PKInstallSandboxManager/562FEAE5-CE2E-4B7E-B6DE-8B02B02E3FAF.activeSandbox/Root (4 items) to /
Oct 24 05:05:25 iMac-de-chris shove[4569]: [source=file] failed _RelinkFile(/Library/InstallerSandboxes/.PKInstallSandboxManager/562FEAE5-CE2E-4B7E-B6DE-8B02B02E3FAF.activeSandbox/Root/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h2, /usr/standalone/i386/boot1h2): Directory not empty

edit ******

Also whenever it fails must also delete this on the root disk because the process does not know how to complete

Reveal hidden contents

1648798408_Capturedcranle2019-10-2405_19_06.png.685197b6658acc04ee60a70069d8839e.png

there is no problem.

latest commits.

i cleaned src folders and 

try it again

clovergit_v1.1.zip

15 hours ago, Pene said:

These warnings were due to inverse include order of MdePkg.dec and CloverPkg.dec.

I corrected it with latest commit.

thank you for fix :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chris1111 said:

here the details @pene

I see, now I understand that this error appears for you when using the installer... Never really got into details regarding the installer, so perhaps someone else can help there.

Edited by Pene

I have recently this issue on Catalina 10.15 with Clover_v2.5k_r5097  sometime my laptop occurs automatically reboot

when I boot again from start  this screenshot I captured

1313121499_ScreenShot2019-10-19at6_38_12PM.jpg.1cc04166790af0e185a82417e4c18cf7.thumb.jpg.d742e32424f2f57ea58882eb94dfc247.jpg

I solved this issue with OpenCore bootloader Using this option (Kernel->Quirk->PowerTimeoutKernelPanic=true)  on OpenCore 0.5.2 

but this (PowerTimeoutKernelPanic=true} option does not exist in clover bootloader

how to fix this issue on Catalina using Clover bootloader

9 hours ago, chris1111 said:

here the details @pene

Reveal hidden contents

edit ******

Reveal hidden contents

My Old Problem, but fix with tick "Install in UEFI Only"

8 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

there is no problem.

latest commits.

i cleaned src folders and 

try it again

clovergit_v1.1.zip

thank you for fix :)

Issue is remain Clover Legacy ESP to internal drive package failled

Install to external drive no issue, install to another Internal drive no issue. Issue is on the Catlina main drive

Clover Legacy ESP

I fix issue I install Clover Legacy ESP to my Mojave SSD :thumbsdown_anim: Boot to Catalina from Mojave EFI :P 

1897078874_Capturedcranle2019-10-2416_59_22.png.053e26aa68679a19c90602962603c00b.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 2

On 10/23/2019 at 3:55 PM, Pene said:

I added some gcc9 building workarounds for Catalina with latest commit, it should now be able to produce a working gcc9 build on Catalina.

To do this, first completely delete your old attempts (delete ~/src/opt/) and start fresh.

Is this really working?...because, i forgot how many times i tried to compile this thing on Catalina using all kind of fixes method i found on internet.  It doesn't seems to get it compiled on my computer. It crashed my hackintosh every time when i tried to make it. I am gonna give it try with your work around. And will report back!...Thanks..finger cross!..lol

Ok..no go, same crashing and 31mb boot log..wow..case close!...no more attempt, period.

Edited by n.d.k
Update result

11 hours ago, n.d.k said:

Is this really working?...

Building gcc9 toolchain, and also building Clover with it on Catalina should indeed be working now. It works on my system, and I have several other reports that it is working, as long as you start fresh (delete your old toolchain, as I mentioned before, as GMP has to be recompiled). I'm sure others can confirm it is working also with the latest commits from git repository. I think you should check something local at your end. Unclean src, Xcode, something else. Especially as you are saying it is crashing your system when you compile.

Edited by Pene
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Pene said:

Building gcc9 toolchain, and also building Clover with it on Catalina should indeed be working now. It works on my system, and I have several other reports that it is working, as long as you start fresh (delete your old toolchain, as I mentioned before, as GMP has to be recompiled). I'm sure others can confirm it is working also with the latest commits from git repository. I think you should check something local at your end. Unclean src, Xcode, something else. Especially as you are saying it is crashing your system when you compile.

I think it may be my hardware end unfortunately, the crash may be due to my Overclock setting profile that i am using, but even though sometimes i managed to not to crash computer during compiling, it still ended up with a failure. And i am using fresh new installed catalina and xcode 11.1 release.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 10:38 AM, anmool said:

I have recently this issue on Catalina 10.15 with Clover_v2.5k_r5097  sometime my laptop occurs automatically reboot

when I boot again from start  this screenshot I captured

1313121499_ScreenShot2019-10-19at6_38_12PM.jpg.1cc04166790af0e185a82417e4c18cf7.thumb.jpg.d742e32424f2f57ea58882eb94dfc247.jpg

I solved this issue with OpenCore bootloader Using this option (Kernel->Quirk->PowerTimeoutKernelPanic=true)  on OpenCore 0.5.2 

but this (PowerTimeoutKernelPanic=true} option does not exist in clover bootloader

how to fix this issue on Catalina using Clover bootloader

I solved this by disable "Put hard disks to sleep when possible"

14 minutes ago, lisai9093 said:

I solved this by disable "Put hard disks to sleep when possible"

thank for reply

yes I already know this trick  by disable hard disk to sleep but I want to solve this without  disable hard disk to sleep

like OpenCore solved this issue with PowerTimeoutKernelPanic=true

9 minutes ago, anmool said:

thank for reply

yes I already know this trick  by disable hard disk to sleep but I want to solve this without  disable hard disk to sleep

like OpenCore solved this issue with PowerTimeoutKernelPanic=true

Clover doesn't support that feature yet,, if we see this link below,, maybe @Slice or other can make new fitur for Clover

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/513#issuecomment-542436182

image.png

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

18 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Clover doesn't support that feature yet,, if we see this link below,, maybe @Slice or other can make new fitur for Clover

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/513#issuecomment-542436182

image.png

I hope that clover's member will be workaround soon this issue