Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Hi all I've installed Clover r4061 through Pandora's Box to my pen drive, but I did not understand one thing. When I select HFSPlus-64.efi the app shake and told me to use only one hfs driver. In fact, having a  better look, there is already a driver called VBoxHFS-64.efi with a nicer icon (I think all those are default driver??).

What is the best choice? ..and may I ask why?

And what's the difference between drivers64UEFI and drivers64? .. they aren't efi as well?

Thanks

FORGOT

to metiond that the installer start booting, but I receive a panic on "lapic error" or something similar...

post-2078499-0-59494300-1493486460_thumb.png

VBoxHFS-64.efi is an open source driver that doesn't support all the features of HFS+ volumes, HFSPlus-64.efi is a driver extracted from Apple firmware. The open source driver is selected by default. The drivers folders are for different boots. You may not need additional drivers for legacy boot (drivers64 folder) because it is already present in the legacy clover firmware but you probably need more drivers when UEFI booting (drivers64UEFI folder). As for the error when booting, you have incorrectly configured.

• Like 2

Thanks Sir. I've downloaded Sierra through a VM and redone the installer. Selecting a configuration for HD4000 with high resolution display now Sierra is up and running on the ssd selected, OMG, incredible, awesome! Downloaded Xcode from my dev account and plugged my iPhone is only recognized on the only one USB 2 port available, but 3.0 ports aren't working, should I do something?
Also the audio did not show up, even though I would never have imagined the OS working so quickly. There's a way to make it in a working state? how you activate the audio.. is that possible? 

Thanks for the fantastic app, as a iOS dev I can image the big effort for the complexity you guys put on it! 

PS: my hardware is a 2012 HP Henvy with 3610qm

• Like 1

Hi.

As for SMBiosDate. I saw this post on GitHub, as Pike said, all models' format should be mm/dd/yyyy, if mm/dd/yy, then it is assumed to be 19yy.

And thus I corrected platformdata.c.

Is Pike's theory right?

EDIT: Sorry. My fault. Confusing content removed.

Edited by PMheart

Hi.

As for SMBiosDate. I saw this post on GitHub, as Pike said, all models' format should be mm/dd/yyyy, if mm/dd/yy, then it is assumed to be 19yy.

And thus I corrected platformdata.c.

Is Pike's theory right?

attachicon.gif TEST_mm:dd:yyyy_platformdata.c.zip

Wow, code there!  you assume that a date is relevant for something. I can confirm, as for something I worked on it, a date is important if read from a string. NSDate class (or the equivalent CFDate) takes care to translate it from an utc zone to the OS currently used (NSDateFormatter class), but to the end is still incomplete due to the missing "zone" part and I think should be like:

2017-04-30T01:42:57Z

like you can make sure by cat a plist file and read a date tag. Hope to no bore anyone, but this, I think is universally used by the entire world softwares as standard.

• Like 1

Wow, code there! you assume that a date is relevant for something. I can confirm, as for something I worked on it, a date is important if read from a string. NSDate class (or the equivalent CFDate) takes care to translate it from an utc zone to the OS currently used (NSDateFormatter class), but to the end is still incomplete due to the missing "zone" part and I think should be like:

2017-04-30T01:42:57Z

like you can make sure by cat a plist file and read a date tag. Hope to no bore anyone, but this, I think is universally used by the entire world softwares as standard.

Thanks for your confirmation.

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure that what these release dates will affect.

I just wanna know which format is correct... (mm/dd/yyyy v.s. mm/dd/yy)

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your confirmation.

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure that what these release dates will affect.

I just wanna know which format is correct... (mm/dd/yyyy v.s. mm/dd/yy)

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

Pike mentioned "The mm/dd/yyyy format is required for SMBIOS version 2.3 and later.". i'm not sure that hackintosh include this case.

did you check SMBIOS version 2.3 of all models?

also EFI 1.6 version and greater, pike changed bios date.

here is EFI version. some models have EFI 1.6 version down.

https://support.apple.com/ko-kr/HT201518

if you want to surely check something, you try to check yourself something and shown result.

i wonder it too.

just now, bios date(i checked all smbios data before about months) followed darwin dump data

• Like 1

Pike mentioned "The mm/dd/yyyy format is required for SMBIOS version 2.3 and later.". i'm not sure that hackintosh include this case.

did you check SMBIOS version 2.3 of all models?

also EFI 1.6 version and greater, pike changed bios date.

here is EFI version. some models have EFI 1.6 version down.

https://support.apple.com/ko-kr/HT201518

if you want to surely check something, you try to check yourself something and shown result.

i wonder it too.

just now, bios date(i checked all smbios data before about months) followed darwin dump data

Oops. Sorry. I've definitely ignored that not all models are EFI 2.3 and greater.

But for certain models like MacBookAir3,1, needs fixing indeed. (I saw MBA3,2 is EFI 2.3, also some other models.)

Sec, I may investigate it further but I'm really lack of time...

Hey Slice, I found "Size" here currently uninitialized. Is that ok? Also I found this MacBookAir7,2 dump being reported as "2.7" by dmidecode. Could be wrong though..

Really strange, there must be

Size = SmbiosTable.Type4->Hdr.Length; //old size

Yeah, that's a problem. Size is used before it is initialized. You can follow the code and see that GetTableType4() is called in PrepatchSmbios() which is called before PatchSmbios() where PatchTableType1() is called and that initializes Size...

• Like 4

DVMT problem that i already done to make source and tested it.

https://github.com/BarbaraPalvin/IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup

But remain to optimize it. I focus on gma.c source now, after finish, i will check.

What is your IGPU? please test and result to report me with clover log by using pm.

Library/Logs/CloverEFI and please take log.

If you cant enter CloverEFI, copy CloverEFI and paste where you want place.

Then please upload files.

Added. I can see now your pic.

Its good thank you

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup does not  work with 10.12.4 installer.Still panic.

Just placing it and lilu in kexts/10.12,is it wrong?

Update:Thing does not work in installer is lilu.

Is Mavericks supported on an AM2+ motherboard?

I'm having nothing but trouble. I've been working on this for more than a day w/o success. So I'm going to have to ask for help.

Sorry to bother. But I'm attempting to use Clover 2.4-4061. My Mac died , so I'm doing all this from FreeBSD. I'm trying to get Mavericks installed. My motherboard is ASUS A86HM-PLUS with an A6-7470K APU, 8Gb ram, and a MSI GT-730 video card.

Since I don't have a Mac, I'm using the Clover iso burnt to CD-ROM. It boots fine, and appears to choose the right settings for my board. But will NOT load the Mavericks DVD. I even tried my retail copy of SL.

After examining the settings Clover chose, I swap the clover CD for the Mavericks DVD, and then choose the boot Mac icon. It drops me to LEGACY. Clicking the icon returns a box with yellow, and black slashes across it.

Can I dump the Mavericks.dmg to a USB stick, and boot from the Clover CD, and Clover will find the USB stick?

I should probably also mention. I have a USB attached DVD drive, and a single 1Tb sata drive attached. That's it, unless I can burn a Mac install disk to a USB stick, and Clover will recognize/use it. There is nothing installed on this box.

Thank you for all your time, and consideration.

--Chris

Is Mavericks supported on an AM2+ motherboard?

I'm having nothing but trouble. I've been working on this for more than a day w/o success. So I'm going to have to ask for help.

Sorry to bother. But I'm attempting to use Clover 2.4-4061. My Mac died , so I'm doing all this from FreeBSD. I'm trying to get Mavericks installed. My motherboard is ASUS A86HM-PLUS with an A6-7470K APU, 8Gb ram, and a MSI GT-730 video card.

Since I don't have a Mac, I'm using the Clover iso burnt to CD-ROM. It boots fine, and appears to choose the right settings for my board. But will NOT load the Mavericks DVD. I even tried my retail copy of SL.

After examining the settings Clover chose, I swap the clover CD for the Mavericks DVD, and then choose the boot Mac icon. It drops me to LEGACY. Clicking the icon returns a box with yellow, and black slashes across it.

Can I dump the Mavericks.dmg to a USB stick, and boot from the Clover CD, and Clover will find the USB stick?

I should probably also mention. I have a USB attached DVD drive, and a single 1Tb sata drive attached. That's it, unless I can burn a Mac install disk to a USB stick, and Clover will recognize/use it. There is nothing installed on this box.

Thank you for all your time, and consideration.

--Chris

For AMD see here ➤ http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/318-amd-development/

For some reason Nvidia Injection isn't correctly setting VRAM with Pascal cards. Same config set the value correct with a Maxwell card.

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BootDisplay</key>
		<integer>2</integer>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<false/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>VRAM</key>
		<integer>8192</integer>
		<key>VideoPorts</key>
		<integer>5</integer>
		<key>NvidiaGeneric</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>

post-13439-0-40361900-1494090853.png

For some reason Nvidia Injection isn't correctly setting VRAM with Pascal cards. Same config set the value correct with a Maxwell card.

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BootDisplay</key>
		<integer>2</integer>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<false/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<true/>