Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

The BGRT holds the OEM boot graphics logo bitmap, which is used to draw the boot screen in windows. Unsure what else would be happening.

I found the oem logo showed in Windows Setup.

But after install the windows the logo disappear.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

The BGRT holds the OEM boot graphics logo bitmap, which is used to draw the boot screen in windows. Unsure what else would be happening.

No reliable information, but I experienced the same years ago... Guess Windows does not redraw the logo at this stage (why would they? It is supposed to be on the screen right now)
  • Like 2

I don't see HFSPlus driver that is needed for fusion drive, in fact no HFS+ driver at all:

1:940  0:050  === [ LoadDrivers ] =======================================
3:947  2:007  Loading AppleImageCodec-64.efi  status=Success
4:101  0:154  Loading AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi  status=Success
4:245  0:143  Loading AppleUITheme-64.efi  status=Success
4:412  0:167  Loading FirmwareVolume-64.efi  status=Success
4:544  0:131  Loading FSInject-64.efi  status=Success
4:679  0:134  Loading SMCHelper-64.efi  status=Success
4:812  0:133  Loading UsbMouseDxe-64.efi  status=Success
4:944  0:132   - driver needs connecting
4:988  0:044  1 drivers needs connecting ...
5:032  0:043  PlatformDriverOverrideProtocol->GetDriver overriden

I'm using legacy boot, I thought the hfsplus driver was built in?  I'm able to boot my system if I do a time machine restore from the installer.  I just am unable to do a clean install and continue on to the second stage.

EDIT: I'm booted in to my system now after restoring time machine.  Here is the driver section from bdmesg.  I still don't see hfsplus so I don't think thats the issue.

1:182  0:000  === [ LoadDrivers ] =======================================
1:182  0:000  Loading AppleImageCodec-64.efi  status=Success
1:183  0:000  Loading AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi  status=Success
1:183  0:000  Loading AppleUITheme-64.efi  status=Success
1:183  0:000  Loading FirmwareVolume-64.efi  status=Success
1:183  0:000  Loading FSInject-64.efi  status=Success
1:184  0:000  Loading SMCHelper-64.efi  status=Success
1:184  0:000  Loading UsbMouseDxe-64.efi  status=Success
1:184  0:000   - driver needs connecting
1:184  0:000  1 drivers needs connecting ...
1:184  0:000  PlatformDriverOverrideProtocol->GetDriver overriden

EDIT2: hfsplus.efi driver didn't help.  I can see the driver loaded successfully via bdmesg. I then booted the 10.12.4 installer off of my usb flash drive and did another clean install.  Still doesn't see the second stage installer.

About this Mac and System Profiler both report RAM speed at DDR3 1600 MHz. Another site recommended running "sysctl hw.busfrequency hw.physmem" in terminal to check the bus speed, which results is followins.

hw.busfrequency: 96000000

hw.physmem: 2147483648

Since installing Yosemite, 10.10.5, I have had reduced performance (system clok is slightly faster, time is faster and Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI. sAMPLE RATE 40135 Recognized.  Check conflict between Logic Pro and external device). I'm wondering it if is related with BUS Speed? I have read that a lot of bus speed reporting problems are just cosmetic, but I feel like I have a real problem here.

I'm not sure what to do or check next, please advise.

Intel Xeon 1231 v3 3.39Ghz

Asrock B85M Pro4

nVidia GTX 960

Thanks

bootlog.log.txt.zip

hw.busfrequency should return 100000000 (= 100 MHz). Your bus frequency is currently 96 MHz, which is probably causing your clock issues.

So I have to fix CPU content in config.plist? Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No reliable information, but I experienced the same years ago... Guess Windows does not redraw the logo at this stage (why would they? It is supposed to be on the screen right now)

Oh, you're probably right. If you drop the table it draws the windows logo, duh! Weird thing is that behavior differs between my computers, one shows a black screen with circle of circles, always, one shows the boot logo with circles, always, and the other draws the logo if booted from boot menu but not from clover. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

I'm using legacy boot, I thought the hfsplus driver was built in?  I'm able to boot my system if I do a time machine restore from the installer.  I just am unable to do a clean install and continue on to the second stage.

EDIT: I'm booted in to my system now after restoring time machine.  Here is the driver section from bdmesg.  I still don't see hfsplus so I don't think thats the issue.

1:182  0:000  === [ LoadDrivers ] =======================================
1:182  0:000  Loading AppleImageCodec-64.efi  status=Success
1:183  0:000  Loading AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi  status=Success
1:183  0:000  Loading AppleUITheme-64.efi  status=Success
1:183  0:000  Loading FirmwareVolume-64.efi  status=Success
1:183  0:000  Loading FSInject-64.efi  status=Success
1:184  0:000  Loading SMCHelper-64.efi  status=Success
1:184  0:000  Loading UsbMouseDxe-64.efi  status=Success
1:184  0:000   - driver needs connecting
1:184  0:000  1 drivers needs connecting ...
1:184  0:000  PlatformDriverOverrideProtocol->GetDriver overriden

EDIT2: hfsplus.efi driver didn't help.  I can see the driver loaded successfully via bdmesg. I then booted the 10.12.4 installer off of my usb flash drive and did another clean install.  Still doesn't see the second stage installer.

I don't see where it says that it loaded HFSPlus driver. You need that one because the open source one does not handle core storage volumes. It should be creating boot entries from your recovery HD, maybe you are hiding it or something?

hw.busfrequency should return 100000000 (= 100 MHz). Your bus frequency is currently 96 MHz, which is probably causing your clock issues.

Not necessarily. The reference base clock frequency is 100MHz for 2nd gen core i's and newer, but that doesn't mean that is what is actually set at, sometimes, especially in portable devices, the base clock is bumped down slightly and is less than 100Mhz.  See this.

Oh, you're probably right. If you drop the table it draws the windows logo, duh! Weird thing is that behavior differs between my computers, one shows a black screen with circle of circles, always, one shows the boot logo with circles, always, and the other draws the logo if booted from boot menu but not from clover. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Noticed differences too, for the last, the OEM fw likely redraws the logo before handing off - because Windows doesn't do it? ;)

I don't see where it says that it loaded HFSPlus driver. You need that one because the open source one does not handle core storage volumes. It should be creating boot entries from your recovery HD, maybe you are hiding it or something?

Sorry, I didn't post a log showing the hfsplus driver loaded.  I am able to boot my 10.12.4 system fine on a core storage volume without the hfsplus driver.  The problem I am having is that I cannot boot the second stage of the install when doing a clean install.  I did try using the hfsplus driver and doing another clean install and I still can't load the second stage of the install.  I also don't currently have a "Recovery HD" partition.  This is why I am trying to do a clean install.  I want to do a clean install so the recovery hd is created. then restore my time machine backup.

I should probably attempt another clean install with the hfsplus driver and send another debug log.

Sorry, I didn't post a log showing the hfsplus driver loaded.  I am able to boot my 10.12.4 system fine on a core storage volume without the hfsplus driver.  The problem I am having is that I cannot boot the second stage of the install when doing a clean install.  I did try using the hfsplus driver and doing another clean install and I still can't load the second stage of the install.  I also don't currently have a "Recovery HD" partition.  This is why I am trying to do a clean install.  I want to do a clean install so the recovery hd is created. then restore my time machine backup.

I should probably attempt another clean install with the hfsplus driver and send another debug log.

Check if you use new Clover revision.

Check if you use new Clover revision.

Just finished doing that with the latest clover.  Still unable to boot the second stage of the install.

Attached is a debug log.  I do have a recovery hd now and clover can see it.  I have it hidden and use f3 to display it if I need it.

I'm currently booted in to the recovery hd.  Here is what's on my "Macintosh HD" right now:

-bash-3.2# ls -la
total 8
drwxrwxr-x   6 root  admin  272 Apr 23  2017 .
drwxr-xr-x   8 root  wheel  340 Apr 23 04:06 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 root  admin  304 Apr 23  2017 .IAProductInfo
drwxr-xr-x@ 11 root  wheel  374 Apr 23  2017 macOS Install Data
-bash-3.2# ls -la macOS\ Install\ Data/
total 9660984
drwxr-xr-x@ 11 root  wheel         374 Apr 23  2017 .
drwxrwxr-x   6 root  admin         272 Apr 23  2017 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel  4946110221 Apr 23  2017 InstallESD.dmg
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel         586 Apr 23  2017 InstallInfo.plist
d-w-r-xr--@  6 root  admin         204 Apr 23  2017 Locked Files
-rw-r--r--   2 root  admin         376 Apr 23  2017 MacOSXInstaller.choiceChanges
-rw-r--r--   2 root  admin         399 Apr 23  2017 OSInstallAttr.plist
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel      253245 Sep 26  2016 OSX_10_12_IncompatibleAppList.pkg
-rw-r--r--@  1 root  wheel       35950 Apr 23  2017 ia.log
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel        1052 Apr 23  2017 index.sproduct
-rw-r--r--   2 root  admin         612 Apr 23  2017 minstallconfig.xml

debug.zip

I think I'm on to something.

If I do a reinstall from a USB installer created with createinstallmedia I am unable to start the second stage of the install; boot os x doesn't show in clover.

If I do a reinstall from "Recovery HD", clover sees the second stage install and I can continue on to complete the reinstall.

This could very well be a bug with the installer and not clover.

Hello. Thanks for the contributions on this site, as they've been helpful so far. Just a quick (hopefully) question:

I'm using Clover r4061 and have managed to auto boot my preferred volume at a given timeout. The one thing I cannot seem to do is skip past the first 'Clover Boot Manager' screen without having to first hit a key. The normal boot load select screen is fine. Can anyone give me guidance on how to enable a timeout on the first screen? Here's a couple photos of what I mean. Thanks in advance.

I'd like to be able to skip through this screen without having to hit a key:

IMG_1123_zpsynwkzuau.jpg

This screen operates as normal with a set timeout and preferred volume:

IMG_1125_zpsyds8sfxm.jpg

I also have this problem.

When boot from WindowsBootloaderManager it shows oem logo.

But boot from Clover it only shows circles without oem logo.

However when in Windows Setup the oem logo showed but after the setup the oem logo disappeared.

PS:i havent drop the tables.

@Slice

can you test gma950 and x3100? or can you talk me duallink in ioreg? 

i want to know duallink behavior works or not.

sandy and over graphic no need to duallink 0 part.

only need duallink 1 if have high resolution.

i checked old clover source. but It is confusing. i also checked ioreg old laptop(gma950 and x3100). both has AAPL01,DualLink = 0

in old source, used in combination both AAPL01,DualLink and AAPL00,DualLink.

i want to clear source more. can you help me?

also wonder your board id correctly like this 

0:100  0:000  Boot status=0
0:100  0:000  Running on: '15ZD960-GX3DK' with board '15Z960'

thanks in advance

add. how can you use edid value on old laptop?

add AAPL0X,override-no-connect? on old real mac, has AAPL01,EDID part.

@Sherlocks

This is my dump with very old Clover.  DarwinDumper_2.8.8_Clover_IA32_2578_SL_slice.zip

All works fine including Sleep/Wake.

LCD matrix=1440x900. As far as I understand it requires DualLink=1 while for laptops with 1280x800 there must be DualLink=0

MacBook-X3100.ioreg.zip

Second essential trick is to delete Device(CRT) from DSDT, else black screen. Clover does this by DSDT->Fixes.

Comp#3 is non-accessible now. I found very old report

DarwinDumper_2.5.7_Clover_X64_1235_Lion_D430.zip

To make it working I had to replace AppleIntelIntergratedFramebuffer.kext by old version from 10.6.

• Like 3

I also have this problem.

When boot from WindowsBootloaderManager it shows oem logo.

But boot from Clover it only shows circles without oem logo.

However when in Windows Setup the oem logo showed but after the setup the oem logo disappeared.

PS:i havent drop the tables.

me too,but did you know clover is duet?

hw.busfrequency should return 100000000 (= 100 MHz). Your bus frequency is currently 96 MHz, which is probably causing your clock issues.

Here I have a question as well. So, hw.busfrequency returns "400000000" in my case, but in fact I did set BusSpeedkHz to "100000" in my config.plist.

Potential problem, or just cosmetic issue?

Here I have a question as well. So, hw.busfrequency returns "400000000" in my case, but in fact I did set BusSpeedkHz to "100000" in my config.plist.

Potential problem, or just cosmetic issue?

Cosmetic. 

We live with such values many years without any issue.

But the difference 10096 may be significant. You'd better use value that Clover will calculate automatically.