Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,868 posts in this topic

what version are you trying after 3773 that breaks wifi?

something after 3784 perhaps?

it would be alot simpler to troubleshoot if you know the exact version it breaks at. its alot simpler to shoot fish in a barrel and catch fish so to say then fish in the ocean.

I know that Hibernate don't work for many users. 

Conditions to have more chances for success:

1. OSX 10.9.1+

2. OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi or legacy Clover.

3. Hibernate mode 29.

4. Take into account also last found bug [3590-3790] corrected in 3791.

• Like 1

What do you mean?

For some AMD gpus (mostly HD 7000+) to boot to desktop you have to set IGPU as primary from the UEFI BIOS aka IGPU must be the first init, then you will have to boot to sierra blindly (of course screen cable connected to the AMD gpu) so the issue AMD gpus aren't working as it should, and i reported many times in this respected thread. This issue even happens with some nvidia cards which it was supported with El Capitan. AMD gpus have this issues for example R9 290/290X/390/390X RX 400 series and there are others but all i can confirm are these models that require this method of operating.

Note all of the mentioned gpus runs greatly (without IGPU) in real macs except some RX 400 models that require kext editing even in real macs.

1. OSX 10.9.1+

3. Hibernate mode 29.

Chances are good.

But i wonder this blow.

If my system cant use hibernate,

Clover automately detect and operate cancel hibernate?

No chance hibernate users can use "cancel hibernate wake" in old gui.

Alreay told me this. But i dont have chance in latest clover.

I will test hibernate in clover r3791.

And report

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

For some AMD gpus (mostly HD 7000+) to boot to desktop you have to set IGPU as primary from the UEFI BIOS aka IGPU must be the first init, then you will have to boot to sierra blindly (of course screen cable connected to the AMD gpu) so the issue AMD gpus aren't working as it should, and i reported many times in this respected thread. This issue even happens with some nvidia cards which it was supported with El Capitan. AMD gpus have this issues for example R9 290/290X/390/390X RX 400 series and there are others but all i can confirm are these models that require this method of operating.

Note all of the mentioned gpus runs greatly (without IGPU) in real macs except some RX 400 models that require kext editing even in real macs.

OK. Show me what line in Clover is wrong.

Taking into account you may set Inject->ATI=false and so Clover will have no relation to your GPU problems.

Chances are good.

But i wonder this blow.

If my system cant use hibernate,

Clover automately detect and operate cancel hibernate?

No chance hibernate users can use "cancel hibernate wake" in old gui.

Alreay told me this. But i dont have chance in latest clover.

I will test hibernate in clover r3791.

And report

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

I already ask you to make Clover with DBG uncommented and show me what is happen if you uncheck "Hibernate wake". For my mind it is "Cancel hibernate wake".

1. OSX 10.9.1+

3. Hibernate mode 29.

@Slice, are you god? :thumbsup_anim:

i edited com.apple.PowerManagement.plist

and finally my laptop got hibernate mode. :lol:

i builded r3794 clover with reflected your order

check log.

com.apple.PowerManagement.plist.zip

• Like 1

Taking into account you may set Inject->ATI=false and so Clover will have no relation to your GPU problems.

This is some hackintosh problem because on real Mac and Sierra those radeon working good. Every card using AMD8000,9000,9500Controller afther boot go to black screen. No matter is dear injectAMD true or false. For example I have x99 so on first slot is 280X to run pair of 290X.  

Slice, can loading a new plist replace ALL parameters of the default one? When I load a 10.6-friendly config.plist it doesn't alter DisableDriver or KextsToPatch (see attached preboot.log).

In the 10.6 config I have OsxAptioFix2Drv disabled, yet it still loads as it's enabled in the default plist. Also in the 10.6 config there are no KextsToPatch entries but they're still filtered after changing plist (this one isn't a big deal).

It makes sense that if you want to load a different config, it should completely replace whatever has been set by the default one. Like a complete re-init on loading a new config.

preboot.zip

I already ask you to make Clover with DBG uncommented and show me what is happen if you uncheck "Hibernate wake". For my mind it is "Cancel hibernate wake".

Here...

bootlog.log.txt.zip

Slice, can loading a new plist replace ALL parameters of the default one? When I load a 10.6-friendly config.plist it doesn't alter DisableDriver or KextsToPatch (see attached preboot.log).

In the 10.6 config I have OsxAptioFix2Drv disabled, yet it still loads as it's enabled in the default plist. Also in the 10.6 config there are no KextsToPatch entries but they're still filtered after changing plist (this one isn't a big deal).

It makes sense that if you want to load a different config, it should completely replace whatever has been set by the default one.

It's a pity DisableDrivers can not be changed with new config.plist because the drivers already loaded and connected.

To do the task we should reconstruct the Clover to connect some drivers after menu.

• Like 1

@Slice, are you god? :thumbsup_anim:

i edited com.apple.PowerManagement.plist

and finally my laptop got hibernate mode. :lol:

i builded r3794 clover with reflected your order

check log.

Some months ago I talked about this here: Sleep, Hibernation - How it works? and How to use?

As I can see in your sig, Hibernate mode + SSD is not a good idea  ;)

• Like 1

Hey all! Hi Slice! Here is the log: 

With new Clover you should do

<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Fixes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>AddDTGP_0001</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixAirport_4000</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
		</dict>
	</dict>

<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>FakeID</key>
		<dict>
			<key>WIFI</key>
			<string>0x002a168c</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>

sorry Slice and for parameters as bootargs fakecpuid or kernel/kext patch? is it a bug at this stage developer can solve?

Thank you

I think I corrected them in 3794

Here...

What is here? 

This looks correct

2:625  0:000  Filtering KextPatches:
2:625  0:000   - [00]: AMD8000Controller (FB_Patch_Sierra) :: BinPatch :: [OS: 10.12.1 | MatchOS: 10.12 | MatchBuild: All] ==> allowed
2:625  0:000   - [01]: AMD8000Controller (FB_Patch_10.11) :: BinPatch :: [OS: 10.12.1 | MatchOS: 10.11 | MatchBuild: All] ==> not allowed

With new Clover you should do

<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Fixes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>AddDTGP_0001</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixAirport_4000</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
		</dict>
	</dict>

<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>FakeID</key>
		<dict>
			<key>WIFI</key>
			<string>0x002a168c</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>

Hey Slice! Adding FakeID works perfect! Thank you very much!

Edited by Wppley2
  • Like 1

@Slice @Allan

Hibernate mode is good. but i have some difference between hibernate mode.

before i don't use hibernate patch, my system's sleep is good. power led on and off repeatly.

but i i use hibernate patch, my system always fallen sleep hibernate mode. power on, system always get clover gui. 

is it right?

summary

hibernate mode 3 = > power led on off repeatly sleep, instantly get osx screen after wakeup. but if my system get hibernate mode with hibernate mode 3, laptop cant boot hibernate mode(hold black screen) -> need "cancel hibernate mode" option. if i fallen this case, never can recovery. therefore, i have to add NeverHibernate in Boot section in config.plist. then i can boot.

hibernate mode 29 => power led off with sleep and automately sleep and manual sleep. power on and get always clover gui. i can boot hibernate mode.

No Slice Kernl patches does not change

Boot args and fakecpuid are working instead

thank you

boot-args are also early settings. They will not be changed with config.

You can change them from menu or from Details menu at start OS.

but i i use hibernate patch, my system always fallen sleep hibernate mode. power on, system always get clover gui. 

is it right?

For Hibernate mode go directly to OS X login screen, I use this in my config.plist:

<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>El Capitan</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>0</integer>
  • Like 1