Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Hello. I have created my bootable USB using myhack and the 10.9.3 as download from the AppStore.

Anyway, I have tried rc6 and rc7 FX kernels and have replaced System and Sandbox KEXTs. In both cases, it results in a blank screen (my monitor says power saving mode).

I'm not sure how to extract the dump the screen so I took a video.

from what I can see the last 4 entries before the screen goes blank is

probe
start
Built-in decrypter used
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] - completed

I am using 10.9.2 right now and the only KEXTs I needed to replace are the ones I mentioned above. I am using chameleon (like what I used in 10.9.2) and used the flags "-f -v npci=0x2000".

Any ideas what could be wrong? thanks very much in advance.

ps. my setup is in my sig.

edit1: I tried installing without using patched KEXTs and still the same results and error.

edit2: I used myhack to create the 10.9.2 USB installer and that works fine.

Hello. I have created my bootable USB using myhack and the 10.9.3 as download from the AppStore.

Anyway, I have tried rc6 and rc7 FX kernels and have replaced System and Sandbox KEXTs. In both cases, it results in a blank screen (my monitor says power saving mode).

I'm not sure how to extract the dump the screen so I took a video.

from what I can see the last 4 entries before the screen goes blank is

probe
start
Built-in decrypter used
[IOBlouetoothHCIController][start] - completed

Paste the Device and Vendor ID to you APGM.kext and repair permissions. (and change your SMBios.plist for proper one - the one, in which you paste ID's of your card)

If this will not work, download the graphics kexts from Mavericks DP8 and paste them to your S/L/E folder and reapair premissions. (search these kext on our forum)

Don't use GraphicsEnabler=Yes becuase GF6xx should works OOB with Mavericks.

Good Luck :)

Edited by tragediana150

Paste the Device and Vendor ID to you APGM.kext and repair permissions. (and change your SMBios.plist for proper one - the one, in which you paste ID's of your card)

If this will not work, download the graphics kexts from Mavericks DP8 and paste them to your S/L/E folder and reapair premissions. (search these kext on our forum)

Don't use GraphicsEnabler=Yes becuase GF6xx should works OOB with Mavericks.

Good Luck :)

Can you tell me how to find the Device and Vendor ID for APGM.kext? I never had to do this for 10.9.2 that's all. I also never had to use a custom SMBios.plist when installing. I just used whatever myHack gave me.

on 10.9.2, the only thing I use to boot the USB installer is "-f -v npci=0x2000". Both 10.9.2 and .3 USB installers were made using myHack 3.3.1.

Can you tell me how to find the Device and Vendor ID for APGM.kext? I never had to do this for 10.9.2 that's all. I also never had to use a custom SMBios.plist when installing. I just used whatever myHack gave me.

on 10.9.2, the only thing I use to boot the USB installer is "-f -v npci=0x2000". Both 10.9.2 and .3 USB installers were made using myHack 3.3.1.

Ok, try this:

1. Install Chamelen Wizard and set your SMBios to MacPro 5.1 or MacPro 3.1. Save it and add this smbios to your ChameleonBoot.plist (in Chameleon Wizard). Then restart your machine and you will see the difference if the your login to desktop. If this will not help then try point 2 below.

2. Open your HD ---> System ---> Library ---> Extensions ---> AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext (click on this the right mouse button) and choose Show Content. Then enter Content ---> Info.plist and open it. Find the line where is MacPro 5.1 or MacPro 3.1 and there should be something like that:

<key>MacPro5,1</key>

<dict>

<key>Vendor10deDevice1081</key>

<dict>

<key>Heuristic</key>

<dict>

<key>ID</key>

<integer>0</integer>

Now you need to search the internet for VendorID and DeviceID of your GeForce GT610 and replace it. And that's all

3.If this won't help, download the kexts from DP8 and replace it.

P.S. I don't know if this true, but I think you shoul repair permissions before each point ;)

If this won't help you, consider to create a new topic, becuase this problem is not belong here in this section ;)

Edited by tragediana150

I've read back through several pages and it seems RC7 is not suitable for a FX81xx and I should use RC6 instead? 

I can't find the link to the RC7 kernel.

I've various references to it (not the old RC7) like this one but there's no attachment.

thanks! :)

Having some graphical issue in ibooks icons with the rc7 kernel. Was present with kernels prior to rc6 too, but does not occur with rc6. Anyone else having the same issue?

I've read back through several pages and it seems RC7 is not suitable for a FX81xx and I should use RC6 instead? 

I can't find the link to the RC7 kernel.

I've various references to it (not the old RC7) like this one but there's no attachment.

thanks! :)

See Here

post-935322-0-73306200-1402856512_thumb.png

Having some graphical issue in ibooks icons with the rc7 kernel. Was present with kernels prior to rc6 too, but does not occur with rc6. Anyone else having the same issue?

See Here

Can you post a IOreg and a DSDT extract:

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/guides/how-to-use-ioreg/

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/guides/extract-your-own-dsdt/

Thanks. 

• Like 1

See Here

Might be a cache bug again. At the moment I don't have access to my AMD system to check but if someone else can comfirm please.

MIght be a cache bug again. At the monent I don't have access to my AMD system to check but if someone else can comfirm please.

yeah it happens to me too. doesn't bother me too much tho.

the latest 2 kernels by Bronya have allowed me to use final cut pro for the first time in mavericks. before it only showed garbage on the screen and rendered garbage, now it works perfectly, I dont know if it's related.

Might be a cache bug again. At the moment I don't have access to my AMD system to check but if someone else can comfirm please.

I do not see any bugs, I downloaded the evidence from iBooks Store 
and the books are perfect 
the kernel is perfect rc7 
I personally tried all the applications 
adobe suite, finalcut, office, iLife13 all perfect

Schermata 2014-06-16 alle 12.28.03.png

Here you go :

yeah it happens to me too. doesn't bother me too much tho.

the latest 2 kernels by Bronya have allowed me to use final cut pro for the first time in mavericks. before it only showed garbage on the screen and rendered garbage, now it works perfectly, I dont know if it's related.

I do not see any bugs, I downloaded the evidence from iBooks Store 
and the books are perfect 
the kernel is perfect rc7 
I personally tried all the applications 
adobe suite, finalcut, office, iLife13 all perfect

So it seems to be an issue with old processors like the phenoms (?)

DSDT IOREG.rar

• Like 1

i start up mavericks this morning e i haven't problem with dashboard...so now when i come back home i start up mavericks and look how icons in dashboard are....i want to say that this morning i didn't nothing only a few time on facebook

ps.i have same mavericks on partition that i use for test and there i haven't this problem

post-1289475-0-04922200-1402923527_thumb.png

I'm experiencing a curious problem with networking in Mavericks (10.9.3) and the recently released  rc7 kernel (I think the problem is in the previous kernels also).  It seems that the network controller is recognized but the running system does not have internet access.  Someone else posted the same problem starting at the following post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293219-nforce-os-x-mavericks-109-app-store-download-install-guide-on-a-series-6-or-7-nforce-chipset-intel-cpu-mobo/?p=2029507

and I replied about it also after a few posts in the following post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293219-nforce-os-x-mavericks-109-app-store-download-install-guide-on-a-series-6-or-7-nforce-chipset-intel-cpu-mobo/?p=2030844

I'm not sure it's a kernel issue, but in case it is, I'm reporting the problem here.

i start up mavericks this morning e i haven't problem with dashboard...so now when i come back home i start up mavericks and look how icons in dashboard are....i want to say that this morning i didn't nothing only a few time on facebook

ps.i have same mavericks on partition that i use for test and there i haven't this problem

attachicon.gifSchermata 2014-06-16 alle 14.54.28.png

no one for my bug ?

no one for my bug ?

Yes this is has been fixed in the past by kernels, alternative fix for now is Launchpad Refresh. See Below

Start-up script (faster)

Alternative Update on Launchpad Refresh:

Sorry I didn't post this earlier only really started testing this tonight as I've had no time and I know +ira was looking at a solution like this. Much quicker way then using the Automator app is a LoginHook (replaced by launchd but still works in Mavericks)

Here is how:

Download bash file attached.

Copy it to a folder after extracted EG: Your User folder

Open Terminal

Type

sudo defaults write com.apple.loginwindow LoginHook (PATH TO SCRIPT)
Example

sudo defaults write com.apple.loginwindow LoginHook /Users/durankeeley/launchpad-refresh.sh
Should work for all users.

DOWNLOAD

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=133334

Refresh App

We have a WINNER!!!

Updated Lauchpad Refresh...

-Updates LaunchPad Icons

-Looks for all .db's in Application Support/Dock & Updates them.

-Saves Desktop Wallpaper & LaunchPad placement

Don't forget to make it run on startup!

Save the attached to Applications,

Go to System Preferences -> Accounts -> Login items

Add the Launchpad Refresh.app in here.

DOWNLOAD

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=131937

• Like 1

Yes this is has been fixed in the past by kernels, alternative fix for now is Launchpad Refresh. See Below

Start-up script (faster)

Refresh App

Ok duran tommorow i'll try that...but why kernel has this problem?!at biggening i haven't this problem