Posted Image

LOL. :help:

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
i myself dont like distros due to changes in files that get replaced on updates... then u are clueless what changed.

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,321 posts
Fine. It is all about freedom of choice.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,999 posts

That is because we are not after money. We want people to be able to install OS X on their PCs.
True, we prefer retail, but I have always refused to forbid distros. When tonymac says that using distros is piracy, he is a big hypocrite.
Whatever method you use, if you buy a copy of OS X from Apple, you are not committing a criminal offence. You are in breach of EULA, which is a private contract between Apple and you.
Of course tony doesn't like distros, because they are so easy nowadays that even a child could install them. Well, that would destroy his business, of course.

People are desperate for a decent OS. That isn't Windows 8 (or any other version of Windows for that matter), nor Linux with so many problems (don't believe me? Try Fedora 18), but for many it is OS X.
Ideally, you'd buy a Mac. But many can't afford it, don't want to spend the money or simply like a challenge.

I will say distros are bad for the community but you should not ban someone for mentioning it. Just recommend a retail install. Window 8 is nice and in a way makes OS X feel dated.

Maniac10

Maniac10

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Window 8 is nice and in a way makes OS X feel dated.

Some admin ban this man please!!! Damn it, if I had that power!

:wink2:

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,999 posts

Some admin ban this man please!!! Damn it, if I had that power!

:wink2:

Your not denying that it makes it look dated... lol

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,321 posts

Window 8 is nice and in a way makes OS X feel dated.

What was I thinking when I made somebody who likes Windows 8 more than OS X a member of staff? :P

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • 3,807 posts
:smoke: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,999 posts

What was I thinking when I made somebody who likes Windows 8 more than OS X a member of staff? :P

I never said I liked one more then the other. I just stating that OS X feels stale just as IOS does. At least Microsoft is trying. lol

Poco

Poco

InsanelyMac Plumber

• Supervisors
  • 1,480 posts
I like Windows 8 :D

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,097 posts

I never said I liked one more then the other. I just stating that OS X feels stale just as IOS does. At least Microsoft is trying. lol

Apologies for continuing the off topic discussion, but I agree with Rampage Dev. Hats off to Microsoft for their brave attempt at redesigning a user interface; it's amazing!
Coming to actually using the thing though is a different matter completely.

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Moderators
  • 1,801 posts
Many app in my Windows 8 does not work, but not important. First time I used it... I was stone. Not like anyway, OS devotet to Facebook and similar (like mobile phone) .... sound a toy..
...however like things with personality and uniqueness, W8 has these characteristics.

Micky

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • 3,807 posts
:gathering: The 7 Wonders of the World + 1 = Windows8 :idea:

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,834 posts

I will say distros are bad for the community but you should not ban someone for mentioning it. Just recommend a retail install. Window 8 is nice and in a way makes OS X feel dated.

Pls don't ban distros just like a plague. Indeed nowadays they no longer have the quote but by the past they have allowed more than 80% of InsanelyMac members to know OS X.

Only the other 20% had the ability (financial means...to have a Core 2 Duo) to have a retail install. ;)

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,321 posts

Pls don't ban distros just like a plague.

Until I am an administrator here, nobody will ban distros.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff

Until I am an administrator here, nobody will ban distros.

Posted Image

As for Win8, it might agree it looked pretty before I actually tried to do anything, but from there on it's just the most frustrating and annoying OS ever. They definitely put a lot of work into it though, because you'd have to try really hard to make something that bad to use.

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,834 posts
@eep357

one of your smiley forgot his pants!!

:lol:

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,999 posts
I just think that we are better then this. Using distros are no longer needed at all so why we tolerate distros it should be made clear that a retail install is the permeant solution to having a solid Mac OS X installation. Just a thought.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
I don't think many here ever recommend using them as the best way to install OSX. We're not hosting them. Still, can't deny the heritage, or turn away 95% of the newbies who first used a distro and then found IM afterwards. Yes, they come with their own set of problems, and nobody's required to help them if they ask for assistance unless they want to. Sometimes they can't be helped because of so many possibilities from distro, and that is what I'll tell them :) I Don't like them personally, but if everyone thought the same as me, I'd have nothing to talk about :)

@eep357

one of your smiley forgot his pants!!

:lol:

That one is me! :D

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
my thoughts on it all
when i started my Hackintosh building HOBBY. and thats what it is for us all.a hobby
i couldn't find much out so i first used a Distro
which at that time was hard to find.but it give me a taste for the real thing. i read what parts would be best for my builds joined
places like here. and have received help with problems at the time i couldn't workout for myself
in return i now help other if i can.
to me thats the true sprit of a shared Hobby
I Would never charge anyone or ask for a donation
i dont think tony mac should
so my answer is to not use his site as you don't need to
(like the tv if you don't like the program you don't {censored} about it just change channel)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy