Maniac10

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

http://tkware.info/2...ecomes-a-story/

http://tkware.info/2.../#disqus_thread

http://tkware.info/2.../#disqus_thread

Unbelievable, I go there now and then to help some lost soul, but I won't do that anymore. Sadly it's not the user's fault but I won't support in any way those who steal from hard working developers that share their knowledge with everyone.

Lejenk

Lejenk

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts
Apple should send them an DMCA notice lol, still wondering why this has not happened yet.

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Apple should send them an DMCA notice lol, still wondering why this has not happened yet.

Apple has Samsung to play with (and vice versa) :)

Lejenk

Lejenk

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,381 posts

Apple has Samsung to play with (and vice versa) :)

If Tony continues this, perhaps they will earn enough money from the unknowing to become a point of interest :P

WhatTheTech

WhatTheTech

Macmodder Addict

• Retired
  • 454 posts
I know website value sites are shots in the dark at best, but I think you have a point after viewing a couple of them...

bdv

bdv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Italian motorcycles riding and fixing, computers, cats, pre-print design.

Unbelievable, I go there now and then to help some lost soul, but I won't do that anymore. Sadly it's not the user's fault but I won't support in any way those who steal from hard working developers that share their knowledge with everyone.

I got mixed feelings about them.
I despise the thieving, rebranding and the underlying greed as well as censorship (some of my posts were carefully "edited" when I was linking to Rampagedev or Myhack website for instance). Open source and knowledge sharing is an important motivation for me and I find it sad to watch them trample on it just to hoard cash.
It really sucks big time.

On the other hand there are people there that share their ideas, publish their code and just try to help people on the forums.

I would not mind cancelling my subscription to their site and forums, I generally find more in-depth info or tools here or on other forums but I would miss some contributors, and helping when I can.

I'm probably too soft-hearted.

subxero

subxero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Wait until you find a thread where everyone is at a loss and none of the Tonymac team has any input to offer. You then post a solution that took ages to work out, only to have your post deleted and have Tonymac post said solution as if it were his own. Never happened to me, but to a good friend of mine - I saw his post since we were on at the same time. He got banned for taking them on about it. Yes, there are some good contributors on his forum. Toleda comes to mind instantly. But as a whole, they have weird ethics and are at times egotistical and fanatical about keeping everyone hung-up on their solutions. It keeps people coming back because the majority have no clue what they are physically doing... to them, it's all about selecting the right options in MutilationBeast. Most of the guys don't even know where the extra folder is nevermind what belongs in it. But keeping traffic flowing generates income... nuff said!

bdv

bdv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Italian motorcycles riding and fixing, computers, cats, pre-print design.

Yes, there are some good contributors on his forum. Toleda comes to mind instantly.

Yes, I was thinking to him, and Pike (PikerAlpha there) also.

But as a whole, they have weird ethics and are at times egotistical and fanatical about keeping everyone hung-up on their solutions.
It keeps people coming back because the majority have no clue what they are physically doing...

Knowledge control by obscurity: totally unethical and opposite to sharing knowledge and in open-source principles.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,958 posts

I despise the thieving, rebranding and the underlying greed as well as censorship (some of my posts were carefully "edited" when I was linking to Rampagedev or Myhack website for instance).

Thanks for trying.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Wait until you find a thread where everyone is at a loss and none of the Tonymac team has any input to offer. You then post a solution that took ages to work out, only to have your post deleted and have Tonymac post said solution as if it were his own. Never happened to me, but to a good friend of mine - I saw his post since we were on at the same time. He got banned for taking them on about it. Yes, there are some good contributors on his forum. Toleda comes to mind instantly. But as a whole, they have weird ethics and are at times egotistical and fanatical about keeping everyone hung-up on their solutions. It keeps people coming back because the majority have no clue what they are physically doing... to them, it's all about selecting the right options in MutilationBeast. Most of the guys don't even know where the extra folder is nevermind what belongs in it. But keeping traffic flowing generates income... nuff said!

lol good name .. it does what its named MutilationBeast lol

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,345 posts
Tony, I am convinced that you follow this forum, either you or one of your most faithful, to me you're just a big dreamer, I think you're burning every day

Tony , sono convinto che anche tu segui questo forum , o tu o qualche tuo fedelissimo , per me sei solo un povero illuso , secondo me ti stai bruciando giorno dopo giorno

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Tony, I am convinced that you follow this forum, either you or one of your most faithful, to me you're just a big dreamer, I think you're burning every day

Tony , sono convinto che anche tu segui questo forum , o tu o qualche tuo fedelissimo , per me sei solo un povero illuso , secondo me ti stai bruciando giorno dopo giorno

ooo u gonna get banned for speaking italian!.. even with translation!

ohh wait this isnt tonyschmuckX69. .. continue :jester:

Frank Nitty

Frank Nitty

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:iHustle
fudge tonymacaroni and his bullchip site... now i'm hungry, lol

maximus

maximus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Everything IT related, Hi-Fi audio, good books
I go to tonymac for fast answers, but I come back here for the smart ones.

Lejenk

Lejenk

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
Was searching for some dsdt fixes on google, came across this post, made me laugh.

Attached Files

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
How nice of them, almost got me shed a tear :)

Lordadmiral Drake

Lordadmiral Drake

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
loool xD

SleepIT

SleepIT

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I just got banned as well. It was my first post there, I was thanking the guide creator for his guide and added a short synopsis of what I had to do to get iCloud services working. I made the mistake of mentioning that I had used iATKOS-ML2 for the installation (but have since purchased ML from the App Store) so I got banned for promoting piracy (apparently owning a copy of the operating system you are using is pirating..). I thought the goal of the site was to help users get OSX up on running on non-Apple hardware and to help each other with problems. I also would have expected a warning or something before a permanent ban. It just seems very petty and childish, "It's okay to break the OSX EULA, but only if you use our tools and talk about it our way even if there's a simpler way." Yeah, whatever.

After reading some of the forums here at InsanelyMac, the people here seem to have a much broader thought process with the main goal of getting things to work well using the best possible methods and not artificially limiting themselves to certain solutions to problems.

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
No wonder I have not been able to log in, though I don't know what I have said. Regardless, that site is nuts!
I guess the interest of running OSX on Intel hardware has grown so exponentially, such that there are thousands of people out there wanting to try it out but get very frustrated with the process. It would be easier for most people to visit a site that offers packages to get their project going, for the curve is quite steep. I am glad I found this site in the early days when I started out quite a few years back with the Intel board with ICH7 chipset.
So much has changed since those days and the other site is still doing bustling business proves the concept of hackintosh is no longer a fad. I woudl like to think of this site as "the graduate school" for the hard-core tinkerers.
Long live Insanelymac!

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,310 posts

After reading some of the forums here at InsanelyMac, the people here seem to have a much broader thought process with the main goal of getting things to work well using the best possible methods and not artificially limiting themselves to certain solutions to problems.

That is because we are not after money. We want people to be able to install OS X on their PCs.
True, we prefer retail, but I have always refused to forbid distros. When tonymac says that using distros is piracy, he is a big hypocrite.
Whatever method you use, if you buy a copy of OS X from Apple, you are not committing a criminal offence. You are in breach of EULA, which is a private contract between Apple and you.
Of course tony doesn't like distros, because they are so easy nowadays that even a child could install them. Well, that would destroy his business, of course.

So much has changed since those days and the other site is still doing bustling business proves the concept of hackintosh is no longer a fad.

People are desperate for a decent OS. That isn't Windows 8 (or any other version of Windows for that matter), nor Linux with so many problems (don't believe me? Try Fedora 18), but for many it is OS X.
Ideally, you'd buy a Mac. But many can't afford it, don't want to spend the money or simply like a challenge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy