• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

KAMDER-OSX

KAMDER-OSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:programming plugins , OSX86 , metal detectors , electronic , bike , films

Mobo: Dell 0GK1k2, BIOS - v1.13, mfg: MSI
Proc: Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2GHz, BIOS Dell vA06
Graph: PCI ATI Radeon HD 5450, 1GB DDR3
N/W: VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter
RAM: 2GB, DDR3
HDD: Virtual Drive.

It works, but not stable. Mouse is sluggish. Straight VGA; DP2 Finder can be a little cranky. Running 4 CPUs for the heck of it. A lot of times will be entering text in a box and the window freezes. If I try to open up a picture, an icon opens up at the bottom and bounces, but clicking on it does nothing to change the state. Other things include the hard drive icon not showing up until DP2 Finder is launched (unlike its presence in SL).

Took me probably three days to get this working; required Googling till my fingers were numb. But now I've got a much better feel for what's going on here; blunt force iterating-it-to-death is usually the best way to know the in's and out's of the system.

if you do not see hdd drives in desktop make sure you have checked this in finder preferences menu , if you run lion in a virtualizer system it can be more unstable and lags , prefer a native system install ! good luck , the system work nice for me ( in 32 bits mode off course ...)

user_hostile

user_hostile

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

if you do not see hdd drives in desktop make sure you have checked this in finder preferences menu , if you run lion in a virtualizer system it can be more unstable and lags , prefer a native system install ! good luck , the system work nice for me ( in 32 bits mode off course ...)

Only when I launch DP2, do I see the HD icon; I've tried to remove the regular Finder from the desktop and replace it with DP2, but it won't let me remove or rename it. (Now that I think about it, will that cause a problem?).

I dialed it back to 2 processors, and I don't see any change in response.

ham4ever

ham4ever

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
i have 32 Bits Lion 10.7.4 fully working ,, only neeeds 64 bits

Athlon II x3

KAMDER-OSX

KAMDER-OSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:programming plugins , OSX86 , metal detectors , electronic , bike , films

Only when I launch DP2, do I see the HD icon; I've tried to remove the regular Finder from the desktop and replace it with DP2, but it won't let me remove or rename it. (Now that I think about it, will that cause a problem?).

I dialed it back to 2 processors, and I don't see any change in response.

you can not replace or rename it because it used by the system , if you want to replace the original 64bit finder.app , you may do this from your windows partition with a HFS partition access software , or from an existing leopard partition , it recommended to have a leopard 10.6.X installed if you want to install lion on amd with iatkos l2 method ( you can see and manage your lion partition ) , or you can test to install directly the distribution "OSX INDO" it contain finder DP2 and multiple amd kernels in the insatallation customization ..

HenryH

HenryH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Working mostly for me:

ASUS M489AGTD PRO/USB
AMD Phenom 965 3.4Hz
nVidia GTX 460
OSX Lion 10.7.4
Kernel: V4.

Problems:
Only boots about 1 in 3 times, other times gets stuck at NTFS 3.1 stage.
Audio, ALC892, not working (not recognized using HDA kexts, crackly using Voodoo).
Installer, Skype, etc. won't lauch after some time (xpchelper issue I presume - fixes don't seem to work fully).
Kernel V6 will not boot fully to desktop (grey screen with some black rectangles), but V4 runs fine.

Apart from these its running 100% solid, full graphics, full cores, no crashes.

KAMDER-OSX

KAMDER-OSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Working mostly for me:

ASUS M489AGTD PRO/USB
AMD Phenom 965 3.4Hz
nVidia GTX 460
OSX Lion 10.7.4
Kernel: V4.

Problems:
Only boots about 1 in 3 times, other times gets stuck at NTFS 3.1 stage.
Audio, ALC892, not working (not recognized using HDA kexts, crackly using Voodoo).
Installer, Skype, etc. won't lauch after some time (xpchelper issue I presume - fixes don't seem to work fully).
Kernel V6 will not boot fully to desktop (grey screen with some black rectangles), but V4 runs fine.

Apart from these its running 100% solid, full graphics, full cores, no crashes.

i resolve the boot stuck at ntfs v3.1 with adding -f flag , i boot with -f -v -legacy arch=i386 npci=0x3000
AND I DISABLE XPCHELPER CACHING with a program maked by " jeaton2012 " (google it )
verify in the console if xpchelper disabled , if not , redisable it again , and reboot

make sure you have repaired permissions with kext utility or myhack3.1 before rebooting ,

if you not able to boot with Kernel v6 in 10.7.4 , change/verify your boot loader and your graphics kexts ( try with -x flag ?)
it can resolve ...... but i am not sure .....good luck !

important : before install 10.7.4 direct try install 10.7.2 and verify if you have the same errors .....issues ....
personaly i prefer install 10.7.2 and update to 10.7.4 (just replace finder and kernel , revert iostorage family kext if needed and remodify/reinstall some graphics kexts if you have)

AMD IS EXPERIMENTAL , the best way is to have 3 partitions : leopard , lion1 , lion 2 , if you do some errors you can always rescue with another partition ...and you can update and change files easly.........;;

HenryH

HenryH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Actaully the xpchelper problems seem to have disapeared.

Now have a perfectly running (apart from audio, but I have another usb device) system with uptime of more than 2 days.

I had installed 10.7.2 first using method 2 and then updated it to 10.7.4 (and reverting the IOStorageFamily.kext).

10.7.2 would not boot without the cpus=1 flag, but 10.7.4 will (but not everytime).

So all good :) .

Thanks for the tips...

ham4ever

ham4ever

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Actaully the xpchelper problems seem to have disapeared.

Now have a perfectly running (apart from audio, but I have another usb device) system with uptime of more than 2 days.

I had installed 10.7.2 first using method 2 and then updated it to 10.7.4 (and reverting the IOStorageFamily.kext).

10.7.2 would not boot without the cpus=1 flag, but 10.7.4 will (but not everytime).

So all good :) .

Thanks for the tips...

u have Lion working in 32 bits or 64 bits ??

sizegold1998

sizegold1998

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Confirmed on Asus m2a-vm with AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+

thanks a million for guide :thumbsup_anim:

sizegold1998

sizegold1998

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
anyone know how to repair permissions on an flash drive installation of osx? swaped out finder on the thumb drive but the "repair permissions" button isn't available on my other mac install when I plug it in..

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
I said that my system is running just fine, but something just came to my mind: i have a tower with four disks, three SATA disks (one of them, exactly the one that contains my Lion OsX, is a 2'5'' from an old netbook, lol) and one 40 GB PATA disk, this one having a Win7 installation.

My BIOS is set so the disks run as AHCI. When the AHCI BIOS loads, it shows four devices. My four disks, right? Wrong answer: it shows the three SATA ones plus my optical drive, which is also SATA. Here, no surprises at all. Then, enter the Chameleon. At the Chameleon boot, my PATA disk is listed with the other three, and i can boot Windows without issues, and from Windows i can read and write on the other disks by using MacDrive.

However, when i boot in OsX, i simply cannot see my PATA Windows disk, even using Disk Utility. I tried to fix it today using a Snow Leopard patched kext, AppleIntelPIIXATA.Kext, but nothing changed (and i did it as pure guessing, since i don't really know if this kext is related to PATA issues). Then i did a lot of googling, but the only thread i found (in fact, here at Insanelymac: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=166133) adressing this issue remains unanswered since it was started, three years ago!

Maybe there's no solution, but maybe the answer is so obvious that it didn't worth an answer in the past. Anyway, i'm afraid it is quite un-obvious for me: how could i make my PATA HD a visible prey to my SATA big cat?

Thanks in advance!

HenryH

HenryH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

u have Lion working in 32 bits or 64 bits ??

32 bits. Its not a bulldozer so I presume 64 bit mode won't work (haven't tried).

Working sweet though. The occasional crash, but only once every 4 days or so. Also its booting up on first attempt every time now.

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Retired
  • 1,002 posts
  • Interests:Web Design. OS X. Music.
Working on CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 215
Mobo: Pegatron Narra 6

Thanks for the tutorial.

Devout

Devout

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
hehe, no problems guys. I'm glad this topic is still being read by people ^^. Hope it's helped as much as possible.

rraallvv

rraallvv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
very complete and understandable guide, good work!

have anyone managed to install it on a AMD Turion X2 processor machine?

regards!

fmilioni

fmilioni

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Mobo: ASUS SABERTOOTH 990 FX
Proc: Phenon II X6 1055T
Graph: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
RAM: 4GB, DDR3, 1600 Mhz
HDD: 2x 1TB, WDC WD10EARS-00Y5B1

Works fine: graphics, sound, network, [..] but when i copy files, or open apps, Finder doesn't work properly. How fix this?

-> copy = stuck on 0kb
-> open app = icon bounces and doesn't open

Edit: fixed, i removed reportcrash

Regards from Brazil.

krogul

krogul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
It almost works properly on my computer. I have a problem with disks access under Lion, I cannot install any application because I cannot choose partition where i want to install it. When I run Disk Utility there are no disks (disk list is empty) but when I use finder i can explore partitions and copy files from one to another. I think it is problem with DP 2 Lion Finder because before I install it I saw disks in "About Mac->More Info->Storage" and after installing that finder nothing is there. Unfortunately I have to install that finder because the default one dosen't work for me.

My hardware:

1. Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H
2. AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor 4850e
3. Southbridge SB700
4. NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
5. SATA disks:

Disk nr 1 - WDC WD2500JS-55NCB1 ATA Device (232 GB) - Win 7
Disk nr 2 - ST3320620AS ATA Device (298 GB) - Lion 10.7.2 iATKOS L2
Disk nr 3 - WDC WD1600JD-22HBB0 ATA Device (149 GB) - empty
Disk nr 4 - ST3160812AS ATA Device (149 GB) - Snow Leopard 10.6.6 Hazard

I installed Lion 10.7.2 iATKOS L2 from Snow Leopard, after that I replaced mach_kernel, installed DP2 Lion Finder restarted system, installed chimera 1.11.1 and restared system. Everything is ok except that i cannot install any application. Please, could you help me with that problem?

Fullzerz

Fullzerz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm trying to install Mac OS X Lion with iAtkos L2 on my old PC with this guide.

Motherboard : MSI K8N Neo4/SLI (MS-7100)
Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ @ 2000 MHz

Chipset : nVidia nForce4
Videoboard : ATI Radeon X1600 - DevID 71c2

Sorry for bad English language, I'm Italian and I'm studying English. I'm only 13.

-Edit :

I've got some trouble, I needed to repair MBR with Super Grub Disk and I needed to repair Windows 7 Partition with Windows Restore 7 Disk, now I can boot to Windows 7, but I can't boot to OSX because I don't have Chameleon...what can I do?

-Edit 2 :

Okay, I've got Chameleon working, but when I click on the icon of Lion, my PC reboots.
I can say that Athlon X2 3800+ DOESN'T WORK on Lion.

BaSsie86

BaSsie86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Mobo: MSI 790FX-GD80
Proc: Phenom II x2 550BE Unlocked CPU 2 to 4 cores
Graph: 2x MSI 5750
RAM: 8GB 1333mhz, DDR3.

Hello All,

I having Snow Leopard working 100% good and 64bits yes.
Now i having Lion 10.7.2 very bugs and combo update to 10.7.4 crash kext graphic caard and network card
having kext wizard install graphic card and network card now working good and graphic card working 3D games and
network card work good only say unplugged cable :S:S to snow leopard work cable internet and lion say unplugged cable.

IOFamilyNetwork
IOUserNetwork

Posted Image

This to by boot failed and error think that problem

And i have 1 hour game bad piggins on lion 10.7.4 later 1 one hour and kernel panics WOW :D i know these 10.7.4 is testen

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Retired
  • 1,002 posts
  • Interests:Web Design. OS X. Music.
Once again thanks for the tutorial. Now fully working on 10.7.4 on the Desktop Specs in my signature. Finder can be a bit strange at times but just relaunch it and its fine.

Sound needed VoodooHDA
Wireless needed DSDT fix ( Thanks to LatinMcG )
That was it.

Attached File  lionamd.png   1.37MB   22 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AMD, Lion, 1073, Guide, Kernel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy