[GUIDE] Installing Lion DP4 + GM Without USB(Video)

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

Still Win Fan

Still Win Fan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

ican boot it stack in this line

Where you able to get pass this message?

psxdadz

psxdadz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Where you able to get pass this message?

will this install work with the new liom gm
thanks

azaz

azaz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi! I installed as described (Lion GM) but at first reboot (after installing Chameleon on "Lion" partition) it boots very slow!! it takes like 5 minutes to boot!! I tried to boot in verbose mode and this is what i see (attached image)!! At third reboot it hangs on Waiting for DSMOS....Who can help me?? Besides I wanna know if it's possible to delete the Boot partition.
Thanks!

Attached Files

niclasc

niclasc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, first thanks for this guide. I used it to install DP4 for a week ago and it worked perfect :-)

But now I try to use it to install the GM version. But after install I restart and I get a Kernel Panic saying:

"No HPETs avaliable...CPU ......)

I have changed HPET from 32bit to 64bit in BIOS. And without any change I can boot and run Snow Leopard. I'm typing there now :-)

Any ideas?

I run a Gigabyte P55M-UD2 motherboard with a i5 750 CPu and an Asus Geforce 9500 Grapicscard

r0nnie

r0nnie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Thanks. Very good guide. It works perfect.

Still Win Fan

Still Win Fan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Hi! I installed as described (Lion GM) but at first reboot (after installing Chameleon on "Lion" partition) it boots very slow!! it takes like 5 minutes to boot!! I tried to boot in verbose mode and this is what i see (attached image)!! At third reboot it hangs on Waiting for DSMOS....Who can help me?? Besides I wanna know if it's possible to delete the Boot partition.
Thanks!

Hi, first thanks for this guide. I used it to install DP4 for a week ago and it worked perfect :-)

But now I try to use it to install the GM version. But after install I restart and I get a Kernel Panic saying:

I have changed HPET from 32bit to 64bit in BIOS. And without any change I can boot and run Snow Leopard. I'm typing there now :-)

Any ideas?

I run a Gigabyte P55M-UD2 motherboard with a i5 750 CPu and an Asus Geforce 9500 Grapicscard

I have updated the first post make sure that you did what the instructions says.

niclasc

niclasc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Any ideas?

Shame on me :-) It turned out that I forgot to copy the files to /Extra I was sure I did that, but apparently not :-(

Still Win Fan

Still Win Fan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Thanks!

Yes its possible to delete the Boot partition but make sure you have installed chameleon on your lion partition first.

Wifi75

Wifi75

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Sorry but work without FakeSMC.kext ?

azaz

azaz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I have updated the first post make sure that you did what the instructions says.

Yesterday I did it exactly. I tried to reinstall Lion several times and now finally works! I don't know why... However I was not able to get to work the network card and audio. How did you make it work?

Besides I have an i7 920 on a P6TSE but in "About This Mac" I see an Intel Xeon processor (and a writing that says Macbook Air). I attached a screenshot... How can I fix this to see something like your "About this mac"?
Thanks!!

Attached Files

Still Win Fan

Still Win Fan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Yesterday I did it exactly. I tried to reinstall Lion several times and now finally works! I don't know why... However I was not able to get to work the network card and audio. How did you make it work?

Besides I have an i7 920 on a P6TSE but in "About This Mac" I see an Intel Xeon processor (and a writing that says Macbook Air). I attached a screenshot... How can I fix this to see something like your "About this mac"?
Thanks!!

To get network and sound working download these two kexts from here http://www.mediafire...n1ocvra31qd74fy.
Extract the file then place the two kext in your system->library->Extension folder then run kext utility.
And download the right dsdt file from here http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1468585

azaz

azaz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

To get network and sound working download these two kexts from here http://www.mediafire...n1ocvra31qd74fy.
Extract the file then place the two kext in your system->library->Extension folder then run kext utility.
And download the right dsdt file from here http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1468585

Ok for network and sound but nothing good for About this mac... I downloaded the i7 920 DSDT.aml and placed it in /Extra folder and rebooted. After reboot I still see Intel Xeon... Maybe I have to edit smbios.plist.. I don't know... What do you suggest I do? thanks

hyperduc

hyperduc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Ok for network and sound but nothing good for About this mac... I downloaded the i7 920 DSDT.aml and placed it in /Extra folder and rebooted. After reboot I still see Intel Xeon... Maybe I have to edit smbios.plist.. I don't know... What do you suggest I do? thanks

I know this is simple, but you did rename the i7 920 DSDT to just "DSDT.aml" and placed it in extra?

Effendi

Effendi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Just wanted to express my gratitude. Lion works like a charm, full video, audio, network. Actually I did not have to put more work into this than in any other SL setup - surprising.

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2011_07_03_um_23.44.22.png   91.48KB   99 downloads

azaz

azaz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I know this is simple, but you did rename the i7 920 DSDT to just "DSDT.aml" and placed it in extra?

Yes. Filename is "DSDT.aml" and it is placed in /Extra
Any suggestion?

pehera

pehera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Just did it on my Sandy Bridge GA-P67A-UD4-B3 using ##### 3.7.2 (Chimera) instead of Chameleon.
Everything´s working great.

Jaball

Jaball

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
One fine guide.
Try and change graphics enabler setting in Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist to "No" if You get stuck during install (around DSMOS arrived):
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
For the Asus P6T SE - working perfect (scroll to bottom of page):
official Realtek Snow Leopard network driver
and I've attached the binpatched and fully working AppleHDA.kext from Lion Golden Master (v2.1.1f11) -
the one posted above is from 10.6.x. Copy to S/L/E, repair permissions using Terminal/Disk Util/Kext Wizard and reboot.

Attached Files

KeNgoaiDao

KeNgoaiDao

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
+ point
Thanks man, awsome....

Guilevv

Guilevv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
I have a white screen with a spinning rainbow wheel when I reboot my computer and try to install Lion. Is anyone having the same problem? I don't know what's happening.
P5KPL-AM
Core 2 Duo
GeForce 9500GT
4GB
1TB

jr2008

jr2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

ican boot it stack in this line

Posted Image

Gives me the same error. Any suggestions?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy