[GUIDE] Installing Lion DP4 + GM Without USB(Video)

Still Win Fan

169 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm having some problem too but first; awesome guide, everything worked perfect (unless the boot- thing).

Well, I can boot in my Snow Leopard using ModCD but when I want Lion to boot alone, it sends out it's kext- lines (around 5-6 pages) and then reboots.

I don't know why it does.

Because I've also had this problem with my Snow Leopard, I decided to take my ModCD and do it this was. Well, I get some kernel- panic with it.

It seems like the ModCD kernel is not working with Lion (no surprise I guess).

In the attachments you can check out the Screenshot.

I also used Hackboot but it's like I'd use Lion alone, it just restarts after the tons of line when using -v.

Thank you in advance!

My Specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 640

MoBo: Asus M4A88TD-V Evo/USB 3

GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB

HDD: Sata 250GB set to AHCI

post-615391-1311589363_thumb.jpg

post-615391-1311589371_thumb.jpg

Ive been running Lion for a couple of days now and Im not impressed actually. First I thought it was cool and faster/snappier compared to SL but after a couple of days Im not so sure so Im going back to SL. The case is I think its a bit buggy that they should have baked it a little longer before they released it. Then theres a couple of programs I use thats not released for Lion yet so thats one more reason I question it. It could just as well be that the makers of those programs dont think its worth re programming their software for Lion. And dont you think its a bit strange the way apple constantly keep on releasing new OSes I mean its not that long ago that Leopard was released.

I bought Win 7 just to try it out I mean after all its a PC I have so I wanted to test it to see how good it would perform on my hardware. I my mind Win 7 beats Lion but that might be cause its a PC and a bootcamped Win 7 on a real mac probably would feel a bit slow and unstable compared to real mac os.

Anyway sorry for going of topic here but my advice for those of you that have problems installing it its not worth going through the huzzle with Lion just yet .

Hi, i'm running Snow Leopard right now on my hackintosh (P6T SE, core i7 930, Radeon HD 5870, and 4go RAM).

The problem is that i couldn't install OS X Lion using your tuto (which is really nice and clear) : I think the bootloader doesn't work for my config because when I try to boot on the HDD (which is a second one hopefully i can still use my Snow Leopard), it doesn't even go as far as the chameleon boot screen : my motherboard doesn't recognise it as a bootable disk (i can still tell the computer to boot from this disk, but it doesn't work)

I'm not sure if i'm clear enough...

EDIT : i followed this tuto with the use of the 5 hiden files found in your tuto, and i got to the installation screen, I will now try to install it from a USB key

RE-EDIT : It works perfectly : it recognized my sata, RAM, graphic card, firewire, USB,... out of the box (except sound and network, but it's just a kext to add i think...)

Thank you for everything

This still does *not* work for me. It starts installing everything just fine, but at random "X minutes remaining," it will either freeze, reboot, or give me the black curtain from the top down with the "Please press power button" message.

It usually happens around 17 minutes remaining, or any time after 13 minutes remaining.

Great guide! I managed to install Lion over my Snow Leopard partition, but I still don't have QE/CI acceleration for my ATI HD 4730 Sapphire graphics card. I have both the ATI48xxcontroller.kext and the ATIRadeonX2000.kext in my Extra folder, but it's not working. Any solutions?

Hello, first of all i want to thank you for the guide, really nice ! I used it to install lion on my pc and it goes quiet nice despite a strange situation. I entered to Lion and first what i saw is that there is no /Extra directory in the root partition. So, that means no DSDT, com.apple.Boot.plist, no Extensions, well... all that /Extra folder should have inside. Ok, i said "no problem if i was using lion" but when i tried de App Store i realized that i can log into because the ethernet was not recognize as Ethernet, so i took chameleon prefPane or champlist to tick the Ethernet Built In option but those apps didn't recognize the bootloader.

For example:

champlist says - Chameleon not found! org.chameleon.Boot.plist not found.

chameleon prefPane don't save any modification i made.

So, any help ?

Hi all

Thanks for this tutorial

My problem with the USB i have Message after install welcome screen "There was a problem reading the OS X Installation disc..."

With this methode i have "There was a problem installing "Mac OS X" Try reinstalling".

Maybe i do something wrong in my hundredth attempt :) .

---

thanks after dp4 i have installed retail lion build downloaded from app shop and all works well whit this system and my extra file folder, i have only installed audio and network kext

A little help needed here if anyone can help. I don't have the files needed in step 7 cause I don't have a previous installation of OSX (I'm using a USB flash drive to install), so I used the "Extra Lion DP4" files to make the initial install work (although the whole computer behaved slowly during and after the installation). The problem comes when installing the correct files for my Extras folder on the computer, I tried different ones and all they do is make me get a Kernel Panic when I restart.

My question is just which Extras files do I need for this hardware:

Asus p8p67 LE Motherboard

Intel Core i7 2600 (sandy bridge) Processor

After the installation I ran the DSDT Auto-Patcher and now I have the custom dsdt.aml with me (I saved it to another usb drive just in case), so I think I can use it for my next attempt but the Extras folder is the one that I keep getting wrong.

Can somebody tell me why I have the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Boot Rom version and why it say I have a MacBookPro 8.1 in the systemprofiler in my Lion install :) . I didnt realize it before now just seen it, the case is I never installed [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] on this computer at all and before with SL it was all Mac Pro profiles. Does it come with chameleon? I even have it when I do a fresh install. Im installing using this guide and only use the files from this thread and the dsdt.aml for the P6T-SE mobo.

My specs: Asus P6T-SE mobo i7 930 cpu retail Lion.

I followed this guide exactly. In the end, when the "Boot" partition loads, there is a wait at

[PCI Configuration Begin]

and then the screen goes blank (no kernel panic). Any idea why this happens?

Hi guys ;)

Thank you for good informations. My system is constantly waiting for this screen shot [Pci configuration begin]. Thank you in advance for your help. Best regards.

post-489445-1311523256_thumb.jpg

Intel 1366 Socket desktop pc :

Free File Hosting, Online Storage & File Upload with FileServe i 1366.zip

http://www.fileserve.com/file/bMVDWVJ/Core

Same problem here.

Asus N61jq

i7 720qm

ATI Raderon HD 5730M

I installed Lion using your guide (I had working 10.6.8) but if fails to boot, the Installation process went perfectly fine, I even had the correct high resolution in the installer.

My system is Q6600/EP43-DS3L/HD5450

Install with modified OSinstall.mpkg (because of "This version of OS X cannot be installed on this..." error) and all the kexts I had in E/E on 10.6.8 (I had no DSDT.aml).

Could anyone please tell me what's wrong according to the error massage?

I'm quite desperate because I don't have any working OS currently (writing from Ubuntu livecd), any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT: I reinstalled with DSDT.aml this time, works, no I'm only missing sound.

post-426790-1313152084_thumb.jpg

post-426790-1313152359_thumb.jpg

k so I have been playing with this for two+ days so now I will ask for help. I have finally got it to start to load and get stuck on pic. any help would be awsome.

EDIT: so I got past this point. Now when i get to the install screen i cant get the mouse to work. If I leave the voodops2 kext in extra folder I cant get to Install screen. But on top of that if i just hit enter and select english then it tells me that this version of mac cant be installed on this system. I have a dell Inspiron 1525.

post-841796-1313290056_thumb.jpg

@Eiszeit, you can try removing the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in the S/L/E and make sure that you have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext put in E/E.... hope this help!

Thanks, I solved it at the end by installing 10.6.3 again, creating dtst.aml and reinstalling lion. worked perfectly.

Thanks.