[GUIDE] Installing Lion DP4 + GM Without USB(Video)

Still Win Fan

169 posts in this topic

Thanks for your help .Really appreciate. So once i delete OSINSTALL.MPKG do i need to rename the file that i downloaded as OSINSTALL or just put it like that.( file i downlaoded name is extra lion DP4.

Thanks again

Nooooo!!! You need to scroll down and download the "OSInstall.zip" file. The "Extra Lion DP4" will be used in step 7 not step 5. You should read through all steps and make sure that you have all needed files b4 you tried to install.

So finally i am up with lion with some stuff missing.Thanks to all and OP who made this possible.

Wondering if anybody had a similar issue:

1 After every boot i can't do anything for 10 minutes .Any mouse click or keyboard click not works at all. Its not responding at all. Thats drives me nuttttttts.

2 My mouse scroll is opposites with scroll ball. WHen i scroll up my screen behave other side.

3 No audio.

ANyway but nice to get it done finally.Thanks again

Thank you for the great tutorial. Installed LION GM everything works except for my wireless lan.

Using broadcom 4311. Wireless lan works on SNOW 10.6.8. but no luck on the LION evenafter using the kexts from snow 10.6.8.

Appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks.

Thank you very much Still Win Fan, this guide helps a lot, I had to do some fiddling but it was worth it to be using Lion.

I have an Asus P5QPL-AM board and all I needed was the VoodooHDA kext and the Attansic L1e kext. Video was easy as I have a 9800 GT with a gig of cram.

Edit: I also didn't use a DSDT.aml for my install.

Hey guys!

Exceptional work going on here, another challenge: installing Lion woohoo.

Got a problem though.. Right after I select my Boot partition (tried -v as well) it restarts immediately. Unfortunately, it doesn't let me read the lines in verbose mode just before rebooting.

Someone's got a solution?

Thanks

Figured out what it says: efi_inject_get_devprop_string NULL trying stringdata

Googling now but without any luck yet

For the evga x58 guys this guide works perfectly fine....did not have to mount the install ESD file for my dmg

you'll need to delete that appleTyMCE driver *for system to boot* and use your old IOnetworking file from snow as well as a the new voodoohda or etc. if need be. I have an updated extra's folder if anyone needs it for lion..you'll need the new fakesmc as well even tho my system booted without it, i watched the logs in verbose to see what did and didn't load correctly.

keyword: evga, evgax58, x58 tri sli

Looks like this guide works with the real thing too.

asus p6t-se

i7 930

Still need to figure out how to make my sapphire 5750 work though cause all I get is 1400*1050 resolution and only mirrored display with Lion but thats a small fix I guess. Scrollwheel on my mouse wont work either but hey I can live with that for a while.

Edit scrollwheel do seem to work but the oposite way but still it works lol.

Thanks for this cool tutorial its amazing what youve done here.

Help, I'm standing here has any suggestions

19072011076.jpg

You'll need to find working audio drivers...maybe voodoohda? System should boot after you remove appleHDA kext if you just want to work on that afterwards

asus p6t-se

i7 930

Still need to figure out how to make my sapphire 5750 work though cause all I get is 1400*1050 resolution and only mirrored display with Lion but thats a small fix I guess. Scrollwheel on my mouse wont work either but hey I can live with that for a while.

The GM is the same as the version released on the disks...same build numbers and you can go to mouse options in system prefs and uncheck that box for moving scroll same direction blahblah

For the sapphire hd 5750 its the same edit as in snow, check out the apple this computer more info graphics video for your IDs. Make a copy of the ati500controller.kext on your desktop rightklick on it show contents open contents edit/paste it to the info.plist among with the other IDs. In my case its 0*68be1002

This installer is the first one I've been able to boot properly and it will install with the following exceptions:

You have to move the 10.6.4 IOUSB* kexts into the installer partition in System\Library\Extensions or usb ports won't work in the installer.

After the install IntelCPUPowerManagement causes a kernel panic, removing it using the terminal or macdrive on a windows partition will let you past it.

Hangs at IOUserEthernet.kext Removing that kext hangs at SLOT-1 and Resetting IOCatalouge.

I can't get the OS to boot to the desktop with any series of command flags. Running the specs listed in my sig on an Intel DX58SO board. Don't know where to go from here.

This guide worked perfectly for me, Thank you :) also it worked on retail--

Working: sleep/restart/shutdown/network/audio

sleep worked OOB--post a reply if you had same

asus p6t-se

i7 930

Question for you: did you ever manage to get sleep working in SL with that card?? I had a hd5770 and it caused me so many problems i sold it and got an nvidia card.Since then everything is peachy and sleep works OOB

My Girl still has one and i'm trying to get sleep working for her- any help would be appreciated-- sorry for the off topic post people

I did use this guide to install Lion on a spare hard drive.

I used the Gold Master for testing purposes.

I want to purchase Lion from the App Store, but when I go there

it tells me that it is installed even though I'm using my Snow Leopard

10.6.7 install to get the download. I also tried Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and

it still says the Lion is installed and gives me no option to purchase?

Any clues as to how I can get around this?

Thanks.

I did use this guide to install Lion on a spare hard drive.

I used the Gold Master for testing purposes.

I want to purchase Lion from the App Store, but when I go there

it tells me that it is installed even though I'm using my Snow Leopard

10.6.7 install to get the download. I also tried Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and

it still says the Lion is installed and gives me no option to purchase?

Any clues as to how I can get around this?

Thanks.

Hold the option button when launching the App Store.

Hi guys :)

Thank you for good informations. My system is constantly waiting for this screen shot [Pci configuration begin]. Thank you in advance for your help. Best regards.

post-489445-1311523256_thumb.jpg

Intel 1366 Socket desktop pc :

Free File Hosting, Online Storage & File Upload with FileServe i 1366.zip

http://www.fileserve.com/file/bMVDWVJ/Core

This guide worked perfectly for me, Thank you ;) also it worked on retail--

Working: sleep/restart/shutdown/network/audio

sleep worked OOB--post a reply if you had same

Question for you: did you ever manage to get sleep working in SL with that card?? I had a hd5770 and it caused me so many problems i sold it and got an nvidia card.Since then everything is peachy and sleep works OOB

My Girl still has one and i'm trying to get sleep working for her- any help would be appreciated-- sorry for the off topic post people

Sorry for late reply I totally missed this. No I didnt but then again I think I never even tried to make it work so I really cant give you any goods tips how to fix it. As for Lion I guess I could test it just to see if it works. Ill do it and reply back here.

Looks it sleeps in some way but not all the way, I just checked my settings and realized I havent set it to never this time. The HDDs and display do though but psu and cpu fan wont so its a noisy sleep :( .

I have a white screen with a spinning rainbow wheel when I reboot my computer and try to install Lion. Is anyone having the same problem? I don't know what's happening.

P5KPL-AM

Core 2 Duo

GeForce 9500GT

4GB

1TB

I am having the same problem :(

I followed the guide exactly, and it kept hanging on "PCI Configuration Begin", I tried -v, -x, npci=0x2000, and PCIRootUID=1 with no success, I deleted the DSDT from the other thread and it got past the PCI configuration begin but now it looks like its about to start the installer but it shows only a blank screen with the rainbow spinning wheel and I can move the mouse around the screen but nothing ever happens. My Snow install works flawlessly though..

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

P6T

i7 920

GTX 275