Chameleon Wizard - Utility for Chameleon.

janek202

681 posts in this topic

Janek, and where declared support EFI ? -> I think he asks where is the support of partitions EFI ?

:)

Disabled by default. Can be enabled this way: Menu => Chameleon Wizard => Preferences => EFI partitions support...

Янек, а где заявленная поддержка ЭФИ?

Disabled by default. Can be enabled this way: Menu => Chameleon Wizard => Preferences => EFI partitions support...

Инвалид по умолчанию. Может быть позволен этот путь: Меню => Волшебник Хамелеона => Предпочтение => Поддержка разделения EFI

lol !!!! :)

EDIT : a small correction in French translation : fr.lproj.zip

EDIT 2 : also there is a problem, there see no more "N" in Chameleon i386 folder :

capturedcran20110530212.png

After years of manually installing Chameleon this app has made my life a little easier. Awesome work! However, I do have one small gripe; Why is it that Chameleon Wizard does not by default select the startup drive to update/install? I accidentally installed Chameleon on my 10.7 test drive/W7 boot because when I choose to update I was not careful and select my drive from the list below. Sure, it was my fault for not being careful, but one usually assumes that for Mac Apps it will by default install on the drive that it booted from.

This is a small change I would like to see implemented in future updates. This will alleviate any user headaches and nerd rage (after 4 reboots with Chameleon not being installed right only to realize that it was installed right, just on another drive). Windows 7 boots up fine, however when it comes time to update to SP2 (inevitable) I can guarantee there will be problems having Windows have access to the MBR/MBV (aka you are screwed and have to re-do the drive; clone OS X, back-up Windows, format, install Windows...). :thumbsup_anim:

New version's test build.

Added:

1. New menu item: Download Preferences Pane (downloads and saves prefpane on desktop).

2. Previous Chameleon's revision list.

3. Automatic root / partition selection.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7085278/Chameleon_...leon_Wizard.zip

Little changes in Localization.strings:

New menu item: Download Preferences Panel.

Renamed "Chameleon revision on server: " to "Chameleon revision: ".

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7085278/Chameleon_...er/en.lproj.zip

Please check if everything is ok.

Hi Janeck,

Great Job. I have a suggestion:

I frequently restore backup images of builds to a reformatted HFS partition which looses the boot1h from its boot sector.

I tend to restore it using terminal commands. I have recently noticed that I could not do that without adding boot0 with Kext Wizard.

What would be really nice is to have an additional option to write boot1h to a selected partition.

Thanks and regards

-_-

Hi guys. Great app!! Tks!!

I use EFI partition, but i did a mistake:

First i did install with the first option Booth0Hfs and it says that is installed on the main HD and it doesnt work

After i did a install in the EFI partition and it works fine.

Now i want to delete Chameleon form the main HD (chameleon Wizard says its there!) but i cant find it

thanks in advance

regards

New version's test build.

Added:

1. New menu item: Download Preferences Pane (downloads and saves prefpane on desktop).

2. Previous Chameleon's revision list.

3. Automatic root / partition selection.

Little changes in Localization.strings:

New menu item: Download Preferences Panel.

Renamed "Chameleon revision on server: " to "Chameleon revision: ".

Please check if everything is ok.

new german version... :)

de.lproj.zip

New test build.

Added new translation:

Russian by Awesome

Added new option that allows to update boot1h with boot file.

New en.lproj updated.

hi janek

before you update the French translation, I will share a small problem;

I made some changes in the translation but when I run Chameleon Wizard , i have this on screen :

capturedcran20110601172.png

but when I change MainMenu.nib, I can set the tab order but becomes a bit longer than what you did.

capturedcran20110601171.png

tell me if it bothers you, I'll change my translation , if not I'll let it as is ! :thumbsup_anim:

Respect

hi janek

tell me if it bothers you, I'll change my translation , if not I'll let it as is ! :thumbsup_anim:

Respect

Guys,

Sorry for being pedantic but wouldn't it be better if that message were simply (shorter):

'Chameleon is not installed on the selected partition'

and in Fr.

'Chameleon n'est pas installe sur la partition selectionnee'

Regards,

@RN95

hi /salut :unsure:

the original message is : "No chameleon installed on selected partition".

so i translated it in first time like this : "Pas de Chameleon sur la partition sélectionnée"

and in the last update i translated it like that : "Aucune version de Chameleon sur la partition sélectionné"

Although a bit long but more "acoustic" ( trad : certes, un peu long mais plus "acoustique" )

the goal is to have a translation available to all and at the same time have something better than a simple language !

( trad : le but c'est d'avoir une traduction accessible à tous et en même temps avoir quelque chose de mieux qu'un simple langage familier !!! )

Respects / Cordialement