in com.apple.Boot.plist

Works perfect with my gt240, 8400 and 9800

liliass

liliass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I reinstall LION from the usb drive (twice) and now i am able to boot into lion.
I have no idea why. but at least now everything is working fine.. yahoo!!

mboy

mboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I added the dsdt.aml to the /extra folder and added graphics enabler to the com.apple.boot.plist but I am still stuck at
" USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): ". Any other suggestions ?

tkman

tkman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
i thought I would add this. w/ GM i had to disconnect extraneous usb devices and the usb hub that i had. if i didn't i would be stuck at [ pci configuration begin ]. this did not seem to happen w/ dp3/dp4, or at least that i recalled. after installation i plugged everything back in and it worked fine.

kup

kup

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

i thought I would add this. w/ GM i had to disconnect extraneous usb devices and the usb hub that i had. if i didn't i would be stuck at [ pci configuration begin ]. this did not seem to happen w/ dp3/dp4, or at least that i recalled. after installation i plugged everything back in and it worked fine.

I'm going to try this tip, thank you. I've been getting stuck @ 'PCB' for some time now and only modded or older KEXTS worked to fix it. I'd much rather keep it Vanilla if I can.

kup

kup

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
An update, removing my USB Hub and using NPCI=0x2000 worked a treat, thank you for that tip. :)

I'm now rocking my i7 970, Gigabyte UD9 and Gigabyte 560 Ti. ;) I used GE for the 560 (Full Resolutions, Open GL, no OpenCL) along with adding the DEV ID to NV100..blahblah Kext in S/L/E/ . :)

mboy

mboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Disconnected all other USB drives and hub; now hangs at "DSMOS has arrived" if I use arch=i386 at boot.

kup

kup

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
Take out the Arch flag, I found it caused problems too. Lion is 64bit anyway, Finder isn't capable of 32bit operation from what I've read so far.

johncool

johncool

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Finder is capable of running on a 32bit kernel (I have my installation of Lion GM running with i386 flag, because of my Audigy kext), but won't run on 32bit-only CPU's.

kup

kup

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
Ahhh. Thank you for correcting me. :rolleyes:

bakerbuds

bakerbuds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Solved using a different method....

I had been only able to boot into GM with ##### otherwise i would hang forever on PCI Configuration Begin

After much research, I tried npci=0x2000, which let me past that point, however I lost my gt220 support and could not get it back using this flag

I compared the kextstat output from when using ##### versus no ##### (w/ npci=0x2000), and one by one tried the kexts that were only being loaded with #####. The IOUSBFamily.kext was a different version on each.

Remembering that ##### had the USBFamily rollback, i tried it.

BLAM!!!! That did it. Can boot w/out ##### now and don't need npci=0x2000 to get past PCI Configuration Begin

- Thanks to all the discussions on all the OSX86 forums - I've been Hacking these Toshes for quite some time now thanks to the community and feel I may know enough to start finally giving some input.

Hope this helps someone else

NezzariX

NezzariX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

An update, removing my USB Hub and using NPCI=0x2000 worked a treat, thank you for that tip. :(

I'm now rocking my i7 970, Gigabyte UD9 and Gigabyte 560 Ti. :P I used GE for the 560 (Full Resolutions, Open GL, no OpenCL) along with adding the DEV ID to NV100..blahblah Kext in S/L/E/ . :)

How were you able to get the 560 Ti working? The video card thread says it's not supported on lion.

kup

kup

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

How were you able to get the 560 Ti working? The video card thread says it's not supported on lion.

This bit..

I used GE (GraphicsEnabler) for the 560 (Full Resolutions, Open GL, no OpenCL) along with adding the DEV ID to NV100..blahblah Kext in S/L/E/ .

NezzariX

NezzariX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

An update, removing my USB Hub and using NPCI=0x2000 worked a treat, thank you for that tip. :)

I'm now rocking my i7 970, Gigabyte UD9 and Gigabyte 560 Ti. :D I used GE for the 560 (Full Resolutions, Open GL, no OpenCL) along with adding the DEV ID to NV100..blahblah Kext in S/L/E/ . :)

I attempted that but it didn't seem to work. Added the dev id (0x120010de&amp;0xffe0ffff) to the NVDAGF100Hal.kext's plist without any luck and enabled GE in the boot.plist. Is there anything else that is required?

EDIT: Success! 1920 x 1080 on both monitors! Thanks for the info, kup.

Crawley

Crawley

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
I solved it by using ATY_init.kext. everything works like a charm now

Twizta

Twizta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Okay, for those of you who still are having the pci configuration begin problem, this is how i solved mine,

btw, in order for these to work you need to have windows installed on diffterent partition...

1, first you need to download these two nawcom's kexts http://prasys.info/l...s_by_nawcom.zip on windows extract and save them

2, you need to install macdrive 8 on windows so that you can see the mac partition when you log in windows..

3, install lion on ur mac partition and when it hangs on "pci configuration begin" log back in to windows

4 copy and paste nawcom's kexts in the s/l/e of mac Lion partition

5 go back and continue with your lion installation it wont hang

if it hangs on SMC do the same download fakeSmc log in windows and paste it on mac's partition S/L/E

remember when your done installing lion you have to install the kexts again (the one you downloaded) with kext utility

sorry for my bad english, i hope it helps someone it was pain in the a@@ for me ;)

kup

kup

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

I attempted that but it didn't seem to work. Added the dev id (0x120010de&amp;0xffe0ffff) to the NVDAGF100Hal.kext's plist without any luck and enabled GE in the boot.plist. Is there anything else that is required?

EDIT: Success! 1920 x 1080 on both monitors! Thanks for the info, kup.

NP dude. Glad to help. :)

bpoecell

bpoecell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm stuck here on a GM install using the Installing Lion DP4 + GM Without USB stickied method. I've tried replacing AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext, as well as npci=0x2000 with no luck. I have an Asus IPIBL-LB with a fully functioning SL install and patched DSDT. Anyone have any suggestions?

UPDATE:
The legacy kexts from Twizta's post got me to the install!

costipato

costipato

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Solved with ACIPI/PCI nawcom kexts in E/E and npci=0x2000 in com.apple.Boot.plist kernel flags. Previously I had
to manually enter npci value from keyboard stopping the bootup process.

Pentium D 3.6 Ghz
Asus P5LD2 Deluxe
Geforce 7300gs 256Mb
OS 10.6.8 update from a 10.6.3 retail install ( myHack 1.1 ) some patches and 32 bit forced kernel startup
( arch=i386 npci=0x2000 )

Derty

Derty

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 3,219 posts
good for me nawcom kext too.

http://prasys.info/l...s_by_nawcom.zip

in Extra/extensions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy