PCI Configuration Begin

mboy

86 posts in this topic

Solved using a different method....

I had been only able to boot into GM with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] otherwise i would hang forever on PCI Configuration Begin

After much research, I tried npci=0x2000, which let me past that point, however I lost my gt220 support and could not get it back using this flag

I compared the kextstat output from when using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] versus no [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (w/ npci=0x2000), and one by one tried the kexts that were only being loaded with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. The IOUSBFamily.kext was a different version on each.

Remembering that [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] had the USBFamily rollback, i tried it.

BLAM!!!! That did it. Can boot w/out [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] now and don't need npci=0x2000 to get past PCI Configuration Begin

- Thanks to all the discussions on all the OSX86 forums - I've been Hacking these Toshes for quite some time now thanks to the community and feel I may know enough to start finally giving some input.

Hope this helps someone else

An update, removing my USB Hub and using NPCI=0x2000 worked a treat, thank you for that tip. :(

I'm now rocking my i7 970, Gigabyte UD9 and Gigabyte 560 Ti. :P I used GE for the 560 (Full Resolutions, Open GL, no OpenCL) along with adding the DEV ID to NV100..blahblah Kext in S/L/E/ . :)

How were you able to get the 560 Ti working? The video card thread says it's not supported on lion.

How were you able to get the 560 Ti working? The video card thread says it's not supported on lion.

This bit..

I used GE (GraphicsEnabler) for the 560 (Full Resolutions, Open GL, no OpenCL) along with adding the DEV ID to NV100..blahblah Kext in S/L/E/ .

An update, removing my USB Hub and using NPCI=0x2000 worked a treat, thank you for that tip. :)

I'm now rocking my i7 970, Gigabyte UD9 and Gigabyte 560 Ti. :D I used GE for the 560 (Full Resolutions, Open GL, no OpenCL) along with adding the DEV ID to NV100..blahblah Kext in S/L/E/ . :)

I attempted that but it didn't seem to work. Added the dev id (0x120010de&0xffe0ffff) to the NVDAGF100Hal.kext's plist without any luck and enabled GE in the boot.plist. Is there anything else that is required?

EDIT: Success! 1920 x 1080 on both monitors! Thanks for the info, kup.

Okay, for those of you who still are having the pci configuration begin problem, this is how i solved mine,

btw, in order for these to work you need to have windows installed on diffterent partition...

1, first you need to download these two nawcom's kexts http://prasys.info/legacy_kexts_by_nawcom.zip on windows extract and save them

2, you need to install macdrive 8 on windows so that you can see the mac partition when you log in windows..

3, install lion on ur mac partition and when it hangs on "pci configuration begin" log back in to windows

4 copy and paste nawcom's kexts in the s/l/e of mac Lion partition

5 go back and continue with your lion installation it wont hang

if it hangs on SMC do the same download fakeSmc log in windows and paste it on mac's partition S/L/E

remember when your done installing lion you have to install the kexts again (the one you downloaded) with kext utility

sorry for my bad english, i hope it helps someone it was pain in the a@@ for me ;)

I attempted that but it didn't seem to work. Added the dev id (0x120010de&0xffe0ffff) to the NVDAGF100Hal.kext's plist without any luck and enabled GE in the boot.plist. Is there anything else that is required?

EDIT: Success! 1920 x 1080 on both monitors! Thanks for the info, kup.

NP dude. Glad to help. :)

I'm stuck here on a GM install using the Installing Lion DP4 + GM Without USB stickied method. I've tried replacing AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext, as well as npci=0x2000 with no luck. I have an Asus IPIBL-LB with a fully functioning SL install and patched DSDT. Anyone have any suggestions?

UPDATE:

The legacy kexts from Twizta's post got me to the install!

Solved with ACIPI/PCI nawcom kexts in E/E and npci=0x2000 in com.apple.Boot.plist kernel flags. Previously I had

to manually enter npci value from keyboard stopping the bootup process.

Pentium D 3.6 Ghz

Asus P5LD2 Deluxe

Geforce 7300gs 256Mb

OS 10.6.8 update from a 10.6.3 retail install ( myHack 1.1 ) some patches and 32 bit forced kernel startup

( arch=i386 npci=0x2000 )

Boy is this one a though one!

I have a Asus Core i7 720QM laptop with Nvidia GT 240M. I'm using the MacBookPro6,2 model identifier.

On SL 10.6.8 retail and also on Lion retail, computer boots fine until desktop, but verbose booting stays stuck at [ Pci configuration begin ]. I can't boot in single user mode and can't see what's going on.

I've tried every known solution without success:

1. npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000

2. ATY_Init 64 bit in S/L/E

3. Oleg's patched 10.6.8 IOPCIFamily

4. In my dsdt in Device (PCI0), moved up Name (_UID, zero) until directly underneath Name (_ADR, zero)

Device (PCI0)
       {
           Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A08"))
           Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))
           Name (_ADR, Zero)
           Name (_UID, Zero)
           Method (^BN00, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               Return (Zero)
           }

Method (_BBN, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               Return (BN00 ())
           }

5. Even tried all three solutions combined together npci=0x2000, Oleg's patch, Name(_UID, zero) fix

No matter what, boots fine until desktop but verbose booting remains stuck at [ Pci configuration begin ]

I even tried unplugging all USB devices, as it has worked for some people, but doesn't work for me. I tried Chameleon bootloader, Chimera bootloader, GraphicsEnabler =Yes/No, device-properties string etc...

I can't boot into single user mode and can't see the booting process. Any suggestions?

Hi,

Just upgraded the bios of my gigabyte ga-ep45-ds3 to the bios version f10b and got that "pci configuration begin" error, too. With the bios version F9 it was working great.

Workaround: npci=0x2000

Maybe examining both bios files helps to find out what causes this.

Maybe it has something to do with that bios setting (PEG, PEG2, PCI), i didnt had PEG2 before the update with bios F9.

Looking thru this thread, haven't seen a solution to the "DSMOS has arrived" hang in loading Lion to install off USB. I'm running a Dell M6400 and got past the PCI Configuration area but now stuck on DSMON has arrived to date have tried which got me past the PCI Configuration Begins:

Replaced AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext with 10.6.7 ones.

Changed arch=i386 in com.apple.Boot.plist to arch=x86_64

Don't know that the second one did anything, but was one of the original suggestions to the Begins PCI Config hang.

JR

I have tried every single method I have found online and still can't get past this dreaded PCI Config.

I am using Asus PK5C flashed to PK5R, e6750, 9800GT, 4GB Ram, works fine on 10.6.

I am using custom DSDT from 10.6>

As far as I can tell, Lion detects my card fine, so I don't know if the PCI Config hang is actually due to graphics or not?

This is what flashes up for a second before the bit which hangs:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16689497/_DSC3135.jpg

This is the hang:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16689497/_DSC3198.jpg

My DSDT can be viewed here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16689497/dsdt.aml

<key>DSDT</key>

<string>/Extra/dsdt.aml</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1920x1200x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v arch=i386 npci=0x2000</string>

<key>SMBIOS</key>

<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>

<key>SystemId</key>

<string>1B81CEDA-7BBF-314A-B6F2-EFB938E4370A</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

I'm at a loss, I keep thinking it must be something simple but i'm out of ideas.

hello guys, this is my setup and what I went trough:

E8400

asus p5k-se

so far I followed maldon`s Lion guide and installed from and to a USB hard drive, did not managed to get the right kexts for my sata controller yet.

I tried to install with a GT220 and got stucked at PCI Configuration Begin

I only changed to an older vga, this time tried with a GF 7300LE, and its running fine. graphics enabler yes, but in 32mode(arch=i386)

right now I`m changing the video card to see what happen.

Thanks for the suggestion, but with those boot flags, verbose booting still stops at Pci Configuration Begin

I have got this infamous PCI Configuration Begin..

I have used various flags now but I cannot get past PCI Configuration Begin..

Here are the flags I have used so far:

npci=0×2000 -v -usercache

-x -s -f

PciRoot=0 GraphicsEnanbler=Y -v -c -s

Basically I cannot start my hackintosh.. How I can possibly replace kexts when I cannot start my laptop in Mac..

I however can start my Ubuntu box and can see the Snow Leopard side...

many thanks

• 2 months later...
Solved with ACIPI/PCI nawcom kexts in E/E and npci=0x2000 in com.apple.Boot.plist kernel flags. Previously I had

to manually enter npci value from keyboard stopping the bootup process.

Pentium D 3.6 Ghz

Asus P5LD2 Deluxe

Geforce 7300gs 256Mb

OS 10.6.8 update from a 10.6.3 retail install ( myHack 1.1 ) some patches and 32 bit forced kernel startup

( arch=i386 npci=0x2000 )

Hello costipato,

I have an Asus P5LD2-VM SE, well on my moms Hackintosh, and today I tried to install Lion, as soon as I put the DSDT.aml back in I had this problem of "PCI Configuration Begin". The only way to solve it was to use EvilAppleACPIPlatform.kext and EvilIOPCIFamily.kext on /E/E, no need for npci=0x2000. Works from 10.7.0 to 10.7.2 GM.

Did you get any progress on this?

Also how did you get your ALC882 working? native Lion AppleHDA modified kext or old patched AppleHDA/VoodooAudio?

Greetings,

Karina

Although many have found workarounds by using various flags, I think the ultimate solution here is getting the correct DSDT.aml for your system. I saw that a few people have mentioned a new DSDT fixing there problem but I figured I’d give a little more detail.

I have been trying to install Lion on my GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 since Lion was released and have been getting hung up on PCI Configuration Begin every time. Last night, before I went to bed, I would be booting Lion flawlessly.

Kakewalk had always worked for me in the past when I was running Snow Leopard and a GA-EP45-UD3R board. I recently upgraded to an i7-960 and a GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 board and was having absolutely NO LUCK with Kakewalk and would usually give up after a try or two seeing NONE of the flags helped me boot into the install.

Here’s what I did:

I prepared a bootable Lion USB flash drive using Kakewalk as mentioned in the install guide from Kakewalk. I selected the motherboard that I had and let the program do its thing. In the meantime I went onto Tonymacx86 and downloaded the CORRECT DSDT for my motherboard and bios. Having a matching BIOS and DSDT is very important for this (in my case at least). After the flash drive was finished being prepared, I copied the new DSDT from tonymacx86 onto the lion flash drive and replaced the one that was there from kakewalk. I applied the correct bios settings, made sure I had a matching bios and before I knew it, I was installing Lion.

I did get an install fail while installing that was due to an error with a basesystem.pkg so I just copied the .pkg it was getting hung up on from the installESD.dmg back onto the flash drive and tried the install again. Lion was finished installing in about 10 min. Now the problem was that I couldn’t boot – I was getting hung up on the dreaded PCI configuration begin.

So I booted into windows, used MacDrive to get the DSDT from the disk I installed Lion on and checked it to make sure the PCI settings were ok. They seemed to be fine, but it still wasn’t booting. So, I just replaced the DSDT on the Lion disk with the one I got from tonymacx86 and rebooted. It booted right into Lion, I set up my preferences, and it it was working great. I had sound and Ethernet, I ran system update and applied all the updates, rebooted and it booted right back up. SUCCESS

There were a couple weird things with the system profiler so I just downloaded [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and installed the Mac Pro profiles and that took care of it.

Now, I am not saying this is the solution, but it worked for me. I didn’t have to use any flags, or change any .plist files.

For those that are getting stuck, it’s worth a quick try!

You might as well claim that it works by magic.

If you can't explain why the patched DSDT works for you (what does "PCI settings are OK" mean?) it would be helpful if you could at least attach the two DSDTs, the unmodified one and the modified one.

Anyone who is curious to actually learn something will then be able to compare them and possibly adapt the changes to their own hardware.