Annoying designs

gazasaurusu

94 posts in this topic

We've used rounded corners and reflection here, but we tried not to go over the top like some sites.

Personally I hate any site with TONS of ads, or those annoying Forbes articles that only give you a few seconds on each slide.

Also, any site with bad navigation gets an F in my list.

Pop-ups and ads are really annoying especially the pr0n ads on most of the good torrent sites now. I also hate flash websites especially since I can't save pics. I personally like reflections and the rounded corners to an certain extent.

Oh yes, I like all these annoying things.

I've never stopped to think about just how anoying the web is.

My new most annoying "thing" is the phrase ... "Web 2.0"

It makes me want to hit people. I've never heard such nonsense, middle-manager-clueless-halfwit-types love it.

• 4 weeks later...

- annoying flash ads w/ sound (there's one with a bug that you have to kill, you can hear the buzzing, it drives me insane!).

- sites that have enormously long pages you have to scroll down. break it up into a few pages.

- pop ups, and even worse, pop under ads.

- sites that are really slow. but who likes that??

• 2 weeks later...

I hate websites that look like they were made in 1995. Sites that have animated backgrounds, awkward color schemes, oversized text, too many animated gifs all over the place, and random marquee effects that really have no use.

Sometimes people overkill a design in a sad attempt to make it seem like they are html-savvy. This happens all too often on MySpace profiles.

A newer trend that I absolutely hate are ads that have audio to accompany space-hogging flash banners. "Smash the buzzing fly." How about I smash the face of the guy who made that ad?

I hate websites that look like they were made in 1995. Sites that have animated backgrounds, awkward color schemes, oversized text, too many animated gifs all over the place, and random marquee effects that really have no use.

Sometimes people overkill a design in a sad attempt to make it seem like they are html-savvy. This happens all too often on MySpace profiles.

A newer trend that I absolutely hate are ads that have audio to accompany space-hogging flash banners. "Smash the buzzing fly." How about I smash the face of the guy who made that ad?

i agree with every thing u just said

agreed, those are one of the most annoying things i can think of having on a webpage. only thing that might beat those out are the ads that follow your cursor around and try to get it so when you click you go to the linked web page. :gun: if i ever find the guy that came up with those...

I agree with most of the above, only I like rounded corners and a bit of shadows. I don't mind white backgrounds.

What i do hate are backgrounds with a 'fixed' size, which awfully tile/repeat when viewed on a higher resolution than the one of the webdesigner. Fluo/Neon colors. Ugly menu's/navigation. Webpages with more ads than content. (Big) Banners.

I also hate it when the site's content open in a popup.

I agree with myspace.com as being a shining example.

First off, the site itself is a giant ad with some user content. Then you get the profiles with bad color matching, backgrounds, tons of music, and streaming movie upon movie upon movie all over the sites.