Mac OS X Lion (Developer Preview) Released

harrydeo

1,521 posts in this topic

After finally getting my GFX going in Lion DP4 i have the appstore issue and I have tried deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooting And using EthernetBultIn boot flag and i still get the NO GUID error are there any other solutions I m using an intelpro 100/ve onboard ethernet Asus P5LP-LE board

I have been reading a lot about people doing this and that to allow install of Lion. So I figured "let's try so I can be prepared for the final release". So that's what I did. I Made a boot-able USB (Restore BaseSystem, copy mach_kernel and Packages). Upgraded Chameleon to r1000+. Same DSDT, same boot.plist, no smbios.plist and only FakeSMC in Extra.

I was preparing for the worst, but then installer started, showed me "install successful" and booted Lion. I added my Snow Leopard kexts for sound and ethernet and a patched AppleRTC for the CMOS-fix. And Bam! Everything works, just like that. Never touched OSInstall.mpkg, PlatformSupport.plist or com.apple.recovery.boot. Never added any SMBIOS-settings. No problem booting SL/Lion/Win7 using the the exact same Chameleon and Extra-files. Even idle-sleep works which has always been bugging me in SL (it was totally unreliable for me, only worked a handfull of times).

If DP4 is anything near the GM it's looking promising =D

New update out, can be accessed through Software Update. Downloading now.

EDIT: Installed. No issues booting up. Lost sound though ALC888, will have to get that back. Don't see anything new right off the bat.

Hi all,

I just made an boot Lion DP4 USB.. When I try to run it at first time, I go to [PciConfigurationBegin] and the graphics, broke..

After that I try to boot with the integrated intel graphics on my mobo.. and everything was fine ..

The problem is that I run superb my Sapphire HD4670 512MB DDR3 with Snow Leopard with lastest trunk, GraphicsEnabler=y and AtiConfig=Motmot..., nothing else.., why Lion dont want ..

Why I have problems with the same graphics in Lion ? Can you suppose something to do.. ?

PP: I tried the Lion ATI kext on my SL before, and I hadn`t got any problems with them .. :)

EDIT: Installed. No issues booting up. Lost sound though ALC888, will have to get that back. Don't see anything new right off the bat.

Install latest voodooHDA to S/L/E.

Thats how my sound is, and sound survived the update completely.

I m in the same boat as the other ALC888 guy using voodoo for now until a fix is available [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] didnt fix

i am on DP3 now and facing this strange mouse cursor glitch problem when it appear suddenly in corner when i try to move even little bit, i had same problem with dp2 but i somehow fixed it and now no idea how to fix it .

anyone with any solution?

EDIT;Replaced all kext plugin and bundle with 3100 from dp2 now no mouse lag but launcher is again back to being laggy like dp2, so are folder like being on iPhone 3g

any fix anyone?

Hi all,

I just made an boot Lion DP4 USB.. When I try to run it at first time, I go to [PciConfigurationBegin] and the graphics, broke..

After that I try to boot with the integrated intel graphics on my mobo.. and everything was fine ..

The problem is that I run superb my Sapphire HD4670 512MB DDR3 with Snow Leopard with lastest trunk, GraphicsEnabler=y and AtiConfig=Motmot..., nothing else.., why Lion dont want ..

Why I have problems with the same graphics in Lion ? Can you suppose something to do.. ?

PP: I tried the Lion ATI kext on my SL before, and I hadn`t got any problems with them .. :)

Anybody.. :(

and with 11A494a installed, and my GTX460 it says:

cuda_msg.tiff

So far I don't see a new Cuda driver, and in the meantime my Cinebench score has dropped from around 25fps to 6.9fps.

Real life impact not that noticeable so far. :P

official cuda is 3,17, 4.0 is developer pre release, non problem.

post-140310-1308225232_thumb.png

I was using VoodooHDA for audio - it still worked after the update. Other than the minor cosmetic changes (I've actually been kicking around Launchpad, and find that it makes a great alternative to the Dock for infrequently-used applications, which is doubtless the idea), it definitely is no worse (and in a few ways, it's better) after the update than before. I've pretty much left Snow entirely; when Lion RTAS becomes available, it will likely replace Snow Leopard, partition and all.

RTAS = Release To AppStore

Somebody to suppose what is the reason HD4670 to fit perfectly in SL, but cant run in Lion USB install..?

hi

the reason is the new drivers , it's seems that this does not work like on Snow !! My HD 4830 works perfectly on Snow but not on Lion !! ;)

all we can do is wait for new drivers ! :(;)

hi

the reason is the new drivers , it's seems that this does not work like on Snow !! My HD 4830 works perfectly on Snow but not on Lion !! :(

all we can do is wait for new drivers ! :(;)

But I get the Lion`s drivers, and try them in my SL.. There is no problem.. even I can boot without GraphicsEnabler..

Very strange .. May be Lion load graphics different from Snow .. :P

The 4670 in my machine works in SL and Lion using Chameleon RC2 r832 (or later, presently r1002) without GraphicsEnabler. The update to DP4 added new drivers (apparently) such that I do not see the sync problem that earlier occurred between bootloader screen and Lion desktop - smooth transition now with the update.

For 888 audio pick the 888 kexts out of TonyMacs [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] package. Load those into S/L/E and you will have audio. They will need to be reloaded after an update as they usually get overwritten by the update.