Mac OS X Lion (Developer Preview) Released

harrydeo

1,521 posts in this topic

I've just installed the new update and two things happened:

Firefox won't open, quit unexpectedly.

And some texture errors on menus:

ScreenShot2011-06-17at82304AM.png

Has this happen to anyone?

Can someone post the version number of AICPUPM after the recent update?

/Volumes/OSX_LION/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext = 159.0.0

/Volumes/OSX_LION/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext = 159.0.0

(both : DTPlatformBuild11A494) - Run DP4 with newest DP 4 SW Update.

Its the same Version 159.0.0 as the Version before (DP 4 without SW Update, i checked it with my DP4 clone before updating)

but DP4 pure shows DTPlatformBuild 11A475 and also MD5 check of the main code shows differences, even Version Number not changed.

Conclusion: Code changes but same Version number between DP4 pure and DP 4 + SW Update.

/Volumes/OSX_LION/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext = 159.0.0

/Volumes/OSX_LION/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext = 159.0.0

(both : <key>DTPlatformBuild</key> <string>11A494</string>) - Run DP4 with newest DP 4 SW Update.

Great, thanks!

I can't update and check if the patcher still works for this build, could be the new platform build number was just auto-filled in and then repackaged.

Conclusion: Code changes but same Version number between DP4 pure and DP 4 + SW Update.

Good to know, so probably the offsets changed again.

Be care full code changes even version number is same - i edit my post a bit later (you may missed that).

I upload both for your checks: ( 2 is the newer one)

SpeedStepper still works for the new kext, at least for the 64bit part!

I can't figure out why this happens, if anyone can help please let me know. I have OpenGL and OpenCL working on Lion, as well as Cuda installed, however my computer still freezes up when playing TF2 (this is the only game I have tested so far). I have a windows side that I can play on, but if I didn't have to reboot that would be great. Any suggestions? When I say freeze I mean just like the fermi freezes in snow leopard, they are random and the computer just stops.

For sure Fermi problem. Even Lion may be better than SL for Fermi GPUs it isnt an real long run gaming with that gpu.

I will stay away from that fermi gpu type until it is somehow / sometimes fixed.

You may look around here , it has an focus on the AGPM (GPU powermanagement) which may, beside other things , the reason for freezes for GTX4xx cards. Some had sucess / less freezes, some not with editing the AGPM.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...7&start=200

Finally I got Lion to work (DP4 and after that the update for it) .. The problem wasn`t in my VGA (HD4670) as I suppose, it was two kexts that I have to replace .. AppleACPIPlatform & IOPCIFamily. So what does this mean .. ? What is the problem with this two kexts.. ;)

Also another strange thing .. Without NullCPUPowerManagement, temperatures are realy high.. In SL I dont need it ..

And I would like to ask is there any way to login AppStore.. I try with deleting Network ....plist but no effect .. :rolleyes:

PP: Why GL Viewer still show OpenGL 2.1 is fully compatible.. I heard that Lion will support OpenGL 3.2 :huh:

Hmm .. I try to instal the software for my mouse - Logitech v220, but I receive the following notification:

c4jc3.jpg

This it the first app I met, runnig in SL, that dont want to run in Lion .. ;)

PP: Why GL Viewer still show OpenGL 2.1 is fully compatible.. I heard that Lion will support OpenGL 3.2 ;)

OpenGL Version features depends also on the GPU Hardware (your GPU needs more hw features for 3.0+ as for 2.1 beside OpenGL drivers).

For example my Nvidia 9600GT will never ever have 3.0 features, because missing things in their hardware. Its not an problem of missing drivers.

your card works 100% not KP or freeze??

multibest? kext? files used in method

Very close to it. The only time my card freezes is while playing Team Fortress 2. Other then that I can run DP4 no issues.

Hmm .. I try to instal the software for my mouse - Logitech v220, but I receive the following notification:

c4jc3.jpg

This it the first app I met, runnig in SL, that dont want to run in Lion .. :thumbsdown_anim:

did you really have the latest version of logitech control center..?

here in my sl its the Version 3.30..

you should had a look on the logitech homepage and use the latest one..

but ión the lion i didnt run the app, only on SL.

c4jc3.jpg

This it the first app I met, runnig in SL, that dont want to run in Lion .. :P

Solution:

View the contents of the installer .pkg file (control-click on it and select "Show Package Contents"), then navigate to Resources » Logitech Control Center.mpkg, and finally double click. This launches the installer with no system version test, and re-installs the components in the correct locations.

Seems to work fine after installation.

Solution:

View the contents of the installer .pkg file (control-click on it and select "Show Package Contents"), then navigate to Resources » Logitech Control Center.mpkg, and finally double click. This launches the installer with no system version test, and re-installs the components in the correct locations.

Seems to work fine after installation.

:P

I've just installed the new update and two things happened:

Firefox won't open, quit unexpectedly.

And some texture errors on menus:

Maybe a problem graphic card (you have CI but not QE )

Thanks for the answer.

I managed to get it working by reinstalling the full dvd of DP4.

My 9600GT works flawesly.

I`ve got choppy graphics, afeter waking from sleep in DP4 (HD4670). Before put the PC to sleep, I`ve got 21fps in cinebench 11.5, after wake, frames get down to 8.. and the animations become very slow ..

Anybody with issue like this.. ? :(:)

I am no expert on the subject, thats why i am asking the community if it would be possible to create a kext that would inject JUN Hos modifications in AppleHDA from /E/E/? For us vanilla lovers :hysterical:.

This post was originally about the AD1988B btw,

But yes, i would like to see a method of making the AD1988B work without modding any system files like was previously mentioned. As of now i used a AD1988B.fix.kext in snow leopard, but the lion method involves messing with AppleHDA.kext. Is there a way to only use the /E/E folder?

OpenGL Version features depends also on the GPU Hardware (your GPU needs more hw features for 3.0+ as for 2.1 beside OpenGL drivers).

For example my Nvidia 9600GT will never ever have 3.0 features, because missing things in their hardware. Its not an problem of missing drivers.

I understand .. My VGA is HD4670, and here is a screenshot from AIDA64 in Windows:

q46n6.jpg

... In Lion still 2.1