Mac OS X Lion (Developer Preview) Released

harrydeo

1,521 posts in this topic

I´m trying to install java using soft update and it´s not avaliable now; I have another disk with lion installed along with java... When I installed java in this disk, where can I find the installer?

thanks

Excellent work Andy!!

Do you know if it will ever be possible to run the latest version of Lion DP?

All the best,

NSCXP2005

I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

The final version will work too, I'm sure of that...

I´m trying to install java using soft update and it´s not avaliable now; I have another disk with lion installed along with java... When I installed java in this disk, where can I find the installer?

thanks

If it's an update, why not just get it from the Apple site under support?

Then you can just install it from the package...

Thanks Andy.

Will the next revision of you bootloader work with DP4?

All the best,

NSCXP2005

I see no reason it shouldn't work with DP4.

Does it give you a crash / kernel panic or so?

I am testing this on a Netbook and this is the reason why I am asking if it will be possible to update it to DP4.

All the best

NSCXP2005

Not without DP1 patched atom kernel and maybe extensions...

EDIT: Q2 - Does it support 64bit?

No, not as far as I know. It's a Samsung NC10 with N270 Atom 1.6.

It only runs 32 bit Mode.

I hope you manage to patch the kernel for DP4 or would it be possible to have it integrated into the bootloader?

NSCXP2005

Not without DP1 patched atom kernel and maybe extensions...

EDIT: Q2 - Does it support 64bit?

No, not as far as I know. It's a Samsung NC10 with N270 Atom 1.6.

It only runs 32 bit Mode.

I hope you manage to patch the kernel for DP4 or would it be possible to have it integrated into the bootloader?

NSCXP2005

DP1 kernel gives KP on DP2 when launchd tries to start.

About framebuffer and GMA950: it's unneeded to use one from 10.6.7, I just replaced 8680a227 with 8680ae27 in binaries and didn't forget about graphics section in DSDT, and it works. But using IO80211Family from 10.6.6 (just because I haven't updated to 10.6.7).

It's a MsiBook Wind U90.

About patching kernel - I didn't do this before, I read that it's needed to remove panic in cpuid_set_info, but I didn't find the call=)

DP1 kernel gives KP on DP2 when launchd tries to start.

About framebuffer and GMA950: it's unneeded to use one from 10.6.7, I just replaced 8680a227 with 8680ae27 in binaries and didn't forget about graphics section in DSDT, and it works. But using IO80211Family from 10.6.6 (just because I haven't updated to 10.6.7).

It's a MsiBook Wind U90.

About patching kernel - I didn't do this before, I read that it's needed to remove panic in cpuid_set_info, but I didn't find the call=)

It's not just removing the panic that I did.

Use otx to check what I've changed (by disassembling the original one and the patched one and diffing them, You'll then have the instruction changes).

otx can also be used to look up the cpuid_set_info start address (and unique instructions ;) )

BTW: could you upload your patched AppleIntelIntregratedFramebuffer.kext and AppleIntelGMA950.kext?

Got my 2x GTX 570 working on the latest Lion build fine. Used the ACPIplatform files from Snow Leo as explained earlier in the thread to get around the PCI Configuration Begin error, and with the GTX 570 ID in the NVDAGF100Hal.kext and Netkas' 64 bit ATY_init, get full QE/CI and everything all working.

There's some slight graphical glitches mainly around the dock (need to move the icons around or the reflection looks odd) and it seems to be a bit sluggish using Laucnhpad, but otherwise works perfectly.

Snow Leo on the other hand still gives a black screen upon boot using the latest kexts from the iMac 10.6.7 update. Using the Lion kexts I can get to the desktop but after that the system logs me out straight away. Some more work obviously to be done for Snow Leo drivers.

Got my 2x GTX 570 working......

There's some slight graphical glitches mainly around the dock (need to move the icons around or the reflection looks odd) and it seems to be a bit sluggish using Laucnhpad, but otherwise works perfectly.

I've got the same with my GTX 570.

This looks like OpenGL doesn't work on your machine, too.

Could you please test it under Cinebench OpenGL benchmark or another 3D application like Google's SketchUp?

There is another thing which gave me major troubles, and I wonder if I am the only one.

Could somebody confirm mini PCIe Atheros or Broadcom wireless cards working?

I borrowed an orginal Apple branded card from a friend and put it in my machine. I also did a fresh install with that card, but I still get those nasty Segmantation Errors and configd crashes:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=250252

Is this a Lion beta thing or could this be caused by Chameleon?

However it's working 100% on Snow Leopard out of box without ANY modifications, enablers or whatsoever.

It's not just removing the panic that I did.

Use otx to check what I've changed (by disassembling the original one and the patched one and diffing them, You'll then have the instruction changes).

otx can also be used to look up the cpuid_set_info start address (and unique instructions :D )

BTW: could you upload your patched AppleIntelIntregratedFramebuffer.kext and AppleIntelGMA950.kext?

I checked the changes you made to the kernel and appart from the usual conditionnal jumps you removed many others leading to unsupported cpus. I'm gonna see what's up in DP3.

Hi guys,

I'm trying to boot Lion DP1 on my MSI Wind U100 Netbook. I'm using Andy's patched DP1 kernel, the patched PCEFI for 10.7 and 10.6, Disabler.kext, fakesmc.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext, and no DSDT. Using this, I'm getting the kernel panic shown in the following two screenshots:

Screenshot 1- http://cl.ly/0J1u0r3o1J020p2d1l3e

Screenshot 2- http://cl.ly/1P3J0f0d402r0Q1C0r46

Any ideas what could cause this? I thought the patched kernel supports ACPI, and that's what the kernel panic appears to be. I even get the same exact kernel panic using the Chameleon RC5 752 Lion+Snow found in a different thread. I have Lion DP2 available for testing as well, but the DP2 kernel does not support 32 bit, so it seems pointless to test that. Any help is extremely appreciated!

Lion 11A459e broke my sound and PS2 keyboard.

Is there anyone with Lion 11A459e that has a working PS2 keyboard (this is a regular keyboard, not part of a laptop)? If so, can you point me to the kext or combination of kexts you are using for the PS2 keyboard? I've tried a variety of VoodooPS2, AppleACPIPS2Nub and ApplePS2Controller combinations without success.

Thanks!

Lion voices are apparently online (it successfully downloaded and installed the Daniel voice - tested on 11A459e)

P.S. - To install new voices, go to System Preferences and select Speech, then switch to the Text to speech tab and click on Customize in the System Voice dropdown menu.

post-303721-1306615724_thumb.png

Lion 11A459e broke my sound and PS2 keyboard.

Is there anyone with Lion 11A459e that has a working PS2 keyboard (this is a regular keyboard, not part of a laptop)? If so, can you point me to the kext or combination of kexts you are using for the PS2 keyboard? I've tried a variety of VoodooPS2, AppleACPIPS2Nub and ApplePS2Controller combinations without success.

Thanks!

I use ps2 keyboard works just fine & dandy

im using VoodooPS2Controller.kext , AppleACPIPS2Nub