• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

djkinetic

djkinetic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
only way i can think of is to use a third party partition utility or try to use a linux live cd and partition it through command line

itsadeal

itsadeal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Ok, i partioned the drive using Boot camp. I now have 20gb free on the other partition. I am done downloading, and I am going to burn using unrarx. Once it is done, do I just stick it in? Will it let me choose which partition to send it to. I am going to leave the computer running for 3 days until I go on vacation, so I will stay seeding.

Tmac

Tmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
what's the method for burning leopard to a DL DVD

dallevalle

dallevalle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Could someone be kind to instruct me on how to remove Xcode from the dmg s that I can burn it on a normal DVD?

DalleValle

Pu7o

Pu7o

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 351 posts

what's the method for burning leopard to a DL DVD

Open Disk Utility, drag the dmg to Disk Utility, insert the Dual Layer DVD, click on the DMG within disk utility, and click "Burn".

docthemac

docthemac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Yes *please* how to remove Xcode and burn to a single layer dvd ?

macxpnux

macxpnux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Is is there any live CD utility for OSX that may allow to format the harddisk with HFS+ ?

I had Ubuntu on the mac mini and now there is no way to install OSX again... :-(

It does not recognizes the harddisk. damn...

Tonks

Tonks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
This is how i did it (installed on my External HD 250gig)

Made 3 partitions (1: Media 2:Leopard 3:Leopard disk)

So i restored the DMG to the 3th partition en rebooted my mac holding ALT.
The 3th partition showed up as a installation disk and i entered the setup.
Then i selected the second partition and installed leopard on that.

Easy like that!

docthemac

docthemac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
how do you remove the xcode from the .dmg to burn onto a single layer dvd ? I do not have a external HD !!

docthemac

docthemac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
how long should this take to unstuff ?

xxdesmus

xxdesmus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Would you guys mind if I went ahead and wrote up a detailed guide on how to install Leopard via Boot Camp?

That would be much appreciated :angel: :)

non sequitur

non sequitur

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
to remove xcode from the dvd:

1. Open Disk Utility
2. Hit File, then choose to open the leopard image
3. the leopard image should be attatched. go in to the files and delete xcode.

i dont know if the changes will save into the dmg, but im pretty sure this will work.

chrisc

chrisc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

to remove xcode from the dvd:

1. Open Disk Utility
2. Hit File, then choose to open the leopard image
3. the leopard image should be attatched. go in to the files and delete xcode.

i dont know if the changes will save into the dmg, but im pretty sure this will work.

hm, no, it doesn't work fpr me. the dmg / mounted dmg is read-only file-system.

:(

munky

munky

Agent of Evolution

• Retired
  • 2,900 posts
there is a way to mount a DMG read/write i beleive, from the terminal

mount -u rw or something

Korrupted

Korrupted

Wandering Samurai

• Retired
  • 1,623 posts
  • Interests:Mac<br />Laptops
Anybody know of a way to resize the Tiger/Windows partition without iPartition? diskutil resizeVolume doesn't work for me either..

bronxbomber92

bronxbomber92

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Would you guys mind if I went ahead and wrote up a detailed guide on how to install Leopard via Boot Camp?

Please do! That would be highly appreciated! ;) :D

chrisc

chrisc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Well, i archieved to make the image read/write but now there is free space (1.6 gb) on the image - how do i get rid of that? i want to resize the DMG so that it is about 4 gb.

thx

renkoh

renkoh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
can someone help me with installation on a rev A g5 imac? i dont have an external FW drive, other than a 4gb mini. how can i cut xcode out, and still get it to work?

zeebe

zeebe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
OK, I have tried 3 times now to do this. I have a G4 iMac, and a 20GB iPod with Firewire connections. I erased the iPod with disc utility, use carbon copy cloner to copy the disc image onto the iPod, went to system preferences and choose the iPod to start off of, and all I get is the Apple Logo. If I restart the computer holding down the option key, I get the do not enter sign (zero with a line through it) any help is appreciated!
thanks

mvv

mvv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Here is my method of install, it works good on my iBook G4 but since I was semi-clueless as I did it, you could end up wasting some disk space.

What you will need is 1.) the leopard disk image 2.) your tiger install disks .3) time.

First you need to partition your startup disk, since you cant do this you need to put in your install disk and go to utilities > disk utility. i partitioned my disk off in 2 which was a mistake, so i advise 3 if you want to boot into tiger. make 1 that is 5.05 GB, just enough to fit the dmg contents (i named it install), then make your tiger and leopard partitions whatever size you want with the space you have left.

Now you need to install Tiger, so install it on yout Tiger partition. then we need to mount the disk image and go to disk utility. select the install partition and go to restore. restore the leopard disk image on to the install partition. when it is done, boot into the install partition and install it on your leopard partition. it worked fine for me, everything is great. if you can find out how to erase the contents of the install partition you could use it for timemachine.

-mvv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy