Slick hackintosh cases

bofors

104 posts in this topic

I spend a sick amount of time looking at cases. I am very picky and only find a few to be interesting. In part, my problem steams from the fact that I do like front doors on cases. Although I am now planning to mod a PowerMac G5 case, partially because Apple has decided to stick with the exterior design, I still wanted to a place to post and discuss cases that are available off the shelf.

This thread is supposed to be about slick, minimal, well-designed cases in the spirit of Apple.

If you are interested in obnoxious caes with glowing {censored}, please post somewhere else.

Akasa Zen:

http://www.akasa.com.tw/akasa_english/spec...ak_zen_01wh.htm

water_mark_ak_zen_01wh.jpg

http://www.akasa.com.tw/akasa_english/spec...ak_zen_01bk.htm

water_mark_ak_zen_01bk.jpg

http://www.doomedpc.com/?q=node/155

Akasa_Zen_7.jpg

Akasa_Zen_3.jpg

Akasa_Zen_4.jpg

i know what you mean bofors! i hate all the stupid windows and glowing {censored}! the best i could locally which was reasonably priced was a Thermaltake Tsunami.... it does have a window but im not going to install all the glowing stuff and i liked the internals of the case as everything is tool less.

Yeah these boxes are Ok, they are good for OS x86

04_02_b.jpg

and this one

mbalien4.jpg

Bofors, im sorry i just had to ;) i couldnt resist

Now seriuosly, i dont like the white one, the fan ont the side bumps out, and the grill will make too much noise

Guest bikedude880

I'll drink to the Cooler Master cases. I currently have a mini-ATX board in the Centurion 532 and this thing breathes. I have not seen my processor get past 105F under full load.

Ok now to be serious, if you want a slick case for OS X get a Antec Sonata or any other Antec for that matter , they are teh best cases, i have one and they work like a charm and are very quite and sturdy.

Check them out here

for all those with the G5 case fetishes.. before you decide to slaughter a PowerMac case and realize that it will look like a right mess with the IO ports, and dremmel heaven.. take a quick peak at this..

PC-V1000-001.jpg

it's the lian-li v1000.. and yes a little pricier, but you can just drop an ATX standad board in it with minimum probs ;-) i would have liked it more with just one 5.25 slot for DVD-R

i am also looking for the ultimate case, and this is one that I'd buy if I didn't already have another old skool lian-li case that I like. until there is a an IO panel ATX kit for the G5 case, this is the path i'd take.

i also agree with bofors.. those fishtank pc's make me sick.. my girlfriend has made me open all our electrical appliances and break / disconnect all the leds in the house ;-) and guess what the things still work perfectly without little annoying lights!

here's an excellent review of the case aswell: http://www.dansdata.com/pcv1000.htm

I just got word that there is an updated version to this case.. it's the v1200, and has an updated cooling handling.. apparently.. it weighs a little more and is even pricier, but might be worth it (?) anyone with experience please tell us. ;-)

my nerd wet dream would be to have this in white :sorcerer: but they are only avail in silver / black..

cheers

:happymac:

osxG

I spend a sick amount of time looking at cases. I am very picky and only find a few to be interesting. In part, my problem steams from the fact that I do like front doors on cases. Although I am now planning to mod a PowerMac G5 case, partially because Apple has decided to stick with the exterior design, I still wanted to a place to post and discuss cases that are available off the shelf.

This thread is supposed to be about slick, minimal, well-designed cases in the spirit of Apple.

Ok, just one more in spirit of Apple. Brushed metal front with black piano finish!!

CA-ST827BS_LG.GIF

Watch out for microBTX os x86 compatible boards like the one I have running (intel gcz945). There are barely any microBTX cases out and most are really expensive for what they are.

Out of curiousity... which case did you go with?

(we have the same board)

I was considering modding one of the G4 MDD cases. Right now I still have all the parts shoved into an ATX tower laying on it's side.

Ok now to be serious, if you want a slick case for OS X get a Antec Sonata or any other Antec for that matter , they are teh best cases, i have one and they work like a charm and are very quite and sturdy.

Check them out here

I got an Antec Sonata II for my OSx86 box. I think it is good but not great. My gripes include the door and the more importantly the cheap "chrome" / glowing blue piece of {censored} that Antec stuck the front ports with on what would otherwise would have been a respectable case in my book:

0,1425,sz=1&i=101310,00.jpg

Yes, these two were the next on my list actually (and I still might end up buying one).

Antec P150:

11-129-166-05.JPG

11-129-166-04.jpg

11-129-166-06.jpg

Antec Solo:

11-129-018-01.JPG

thx kiko/bofors.

i think i will pick up the Antec P150 from my local pc shop when they stock it (end of this month).

this case is perfect for my girlfriend ;-) she hates pc's but needs something to store her picture collection of ville vallo on, and I had to do something with the old motherboard / cpu that didn't run OSX well enuff.

cheers!

:D

osxG