Slick hackintosh cases

bofors

104 posts in this topic

• 8 months later...

I use cosmos aswell and I added a little modding with a handmade apple logo cutted in aluminium. I like this case not just because its desing but because its functionality (Here you can see it without lateral and with the door open).

post-254468-1217173438_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
This would be a neat combination. You get almost mac mini size with Conroe speed... now if only I could find a slot-loading cd-rom.

N WIN IW-BT611T.240SL Black/ Silver Best Performed 0.8mm SECC Japanese Steel metal MicroATX Desktop Computer Case

post-46964-1193286954_thumb.jpg

For the record, this doesn't require a slot-loading optical drive- the front of the case flips down when the drive tray ejects.

Lian Li and Antec make awesome cases, many that look better than the MacPro case. And sure as hell more functional. It's all just a matter of preference. Lian Li probably makes Apples cases anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
My Favorite is the Antec 900, yes it glows but it is terrific for cooling:

11-129-021-18.jpg

I love this case, I'll be using one in my build. I also love stuff that glows, I think I may be part human part fly!

I love this case, I'll be using one in my build. I also love stuff that glows, I think I may be part human part fly!

Hey, they told you no glowing {censored}! (Thread title).

:)

My Lian Li PC-V1010A - lots of space, great cooling and great build quality :D
Man, those Lian-Li cases rock!

• 2 weeks later...
My Lian Li PC-V1010A - lots of space, great cooling and great build quality :rolleyes:

I have been looking that Lian Li and the V1200 for years... but there are so many hot new designs from Lian Li to choose from:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ind...x&cPath=104

(more Lian Li new cases on other pages too!)

On the other hand, I am very happy with the three CoolerMaster Centurion 5's that I bought a few years ago. They look decent and are dirt cheap compared to a top of the line Lian Li.

I'm buying Antec Three Hundred tomorrow. Quite simply, but still beautiful :o

antecthreehundreddp5.th.jpg

antec300.jpg

This Antec 300 looks like a really nice case at a bargain price and we know Antec makes good cases (my first case was an Antec Sonata II):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811129042

Great reviews at NewEgg and AnandTech likes it too:

http://anandtech.com/casecoolingpsus/showd...?i=3477&p=3

I will have to seriously consider the Antec 300 next time I am building a Hackintoshes (I am still trying to resist my temptation to blow good money on high end Lian Li cases).

Don't tell Psystar about this... they steal everything you know... :P

I'm getting a Lian-li pc-v1000. Its an awsomely nice case, but the drive bays realy suck, so I

m replacing them with the drive bays from the pc-v1010a (mentioned above) (perforated ones). The front will be all perforated aluminum, except the dvd drives. I'd say lian-li cases are just as god as mac pro case. Really nice o work with, silent and good cooling. Incredibly well designed, although like 8 hdd slotsis a little much for me, but I imagine its important for some people.

check my post in (well basically this thread) in the buying thoughts reviews & recommendations board.

Oh and antec three hundred (I think its that one) seems to have some cooling issues. Somone in my class built something with it and its all crammed. The video card (I think) got fried.

Antec_Sonata_Designer.jpg

Antec Sonata Designer 500. nice and quiet, lots of room, neat bungee cord hard drive suspension,and no stupid windows or underglow. Paid $85 including a 500w antec earthwatts psu, making it an amazing value for the price. Has got very good reviews as well.

Antec Sonata Designer 500. nice and quiet, lots of room, neat bungee cord hard drive suspension,and no stupid windows or underglow. Paid $85 including a 500w antec earthwatts psu, making it an amazing value for the price. Has got very good reviews as well.

That is another Antec case that is perfect for building a nice looking Hack. It comes with a good PSU too. Perfect for DIY n00bs and that price is awesome. Don't tell Psystar... :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Antec_Sonata_Designer.jpg

I can vouch for this case. I'm using it for my current high end hackintosh build right now. Nice and sturdy and the PSU has been going for more than a year without any problems whatsoever. Load it up with fans, and you get nice cooling and it's pretty silent (at low fan speeds). If you like the look, go for it!

• 3 weeks later...