A New Forum Skin! (Beta v0.3)

Swad

24 posts in this topic

Thanks to other, we've got a new forum skin in beta, version 0.3! It's very much a work in progress and we'll be making revisions over the next week or so, but let us know what you think. To change the skin, find the drop down menu at the bottom lefthand corner of your screen and change the skin to "OSx86 Project Skin."

Post here with your thoughts and suggestions! Thanks for helping us test it!

I like the fluid styles because I can read better on it. Fixed styles just seam more constrictive and it scrolls longer. I'm sure it's not hard to change the width to 100%. Overall, I like the design. But for now, will stay with the original style.

OK, since this is still beta, let me state a few points of criticism:

- I think the icons for new post, no new post, and so on, should be more similar on the main page and on the individual forum pages. I find it confusing that the same thing is one color here and another there. I really like the icons on the main page: nice contrast between new and old. The ones on the forum pages have less contrast, so I find it more difficult to see what's new at a glance. I would be happy if you could just swap the ordinary post icons with the poll ones (ie. the green ones with the blue ones), and make the no new post icon grey (or at least less blue)

- I think the width should be 100%

- The message font is a tad too small for me. Well, that's not a real problem, since I can just press CMD+ - this ain't Windows anymore after all :)

Please don't get me wrong, apart from these few minor points, I really like this skin a lot, much more than the default one. Thanks for the effort!

Edit: Am I blind or has the extended search button disappeared? If so, please put it back at some prominent spot!

Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah, we're still working out some of the kinks (such as fonts, etc) and we'll be revising it over the weekend. We hope to have the full version out by next week!

Keep those suggestions coming!

margin-top:0; padding-top:0;

agg, that gap at the top is bugging me

also the text at the bottom should be white or grayish... Black on black doesn't look good. Also the buttons could look better. They look kinda photochopped.

I think it's great. The text size is fine for me, and no real problems seeing stuff. I like side margins, but possibly make them a little smaller. Also, you might want to try to make some of the buttons and bars have smoother shading/gradients.

I think that break in the horizontal line where the author's information ends and the message start should be gotten rid of... it should just be 1 smooth line.

Also, when I maximize the window, the top bar (Home, News, Wiki, Etc) is off center. I'm running 1920x1200.