• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Still waiting for the Dongle bargains to arrive (The Weather is nuts here atm!), we had FTTC broadband installed today so been playing with the Airport Extreme instead...nice bit of kit!

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

That would be the CSRUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext for Cambridge Silicon Radio USB…

Feel free to modify my Legacy kext.

BTW kbawg - many thanks for this :wacko:

RC

RC

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Just finished reading this whole thread about 5 minutes ago...

So it looks as though the Trust BT Dongle, along with some kext editing is the way to go? Correct?

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

Just finished reading this whole thread about 5 minutes ago...

So it looks as though the Trust BT Dongle, along with some kext editing is the way to go? Correct?

Yep ... I just refuse to pay $40+ for a BT dongle ...

See post 170 by kdawg .. If you can find a Cambridge based dongle then you can use his Legacy kext.

For example my Belkin F8T017 works just great with the legacy kext and my BT apple alu keyboard, inc' wake from sleep.

D

flakmonkey

flakmonkey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
If you happen to be in the UK you can wander down to your nearest Tesco and pick up their own brand dongle (Technika TKB109) or buy online from Tesco direct

http://direct.tesco....R.100-7710.aspx

Works 100% natively in 10.5.x and 10.6.x on both real Macs and OSX86. Bluetooth wake from sleep works, every BT device I have tried with it connects perfectly including the Magic Mouse, and the connection is rock solid - no annoying drop-outs unlike some other dongles. It's based around the same Cambridge Silicon Radio chipset that Apple have used since the Powerbook G4, just plug it in and you're away.

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
@flakmonkey Can you post the information in System Profiler so I can see if it differs from the dongles I have already?

flakmonkey

flakmonkey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

@flakmonkey Can you post the information in System Profiler so I can see if it differs from the dongles I have already?

Here's a screenshot from the G5 it's currently plugged into

Attached File  Picture_3.png   176.44KB   133 downloads

Hope that helps

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Thanks, the best one I have tried so far is the D-Link DBT-120. Sleep works fine (Even with Trackpad turned on), to wake I have to use the power button but everything works once it comes back on.

shine-away

shine-away

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

If you happen to be in the UK you can wander down to your nearest Tesco and pick up their own brand dongle (Technika TKB109) or buy online from Tesco direct

http://direct.tesco....R.100-7710.aspx

Works 100% natively in 10.5.x and 10.6.x on both real Macs and OSX86. Bluetooth wake from sleep works, every BT device I have tried with it connects perfectly including the Magic Mouse, and the connection is rock solid - no annoying drop-outs unlike some other dongles. It's based around the same Cambridge Silicon Radio chipset that Apple have used since the Powerbook G4, just plug it in and you're away.

Just like to say thanks for pointing this bluetooth adaptor out ;] I'll know where to get a compatible bluetooth for my hackintosh when I finally purchase a magic mouse ;]

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
I'm going to grab one tomorrow...you can never had enough dongles ;)

Numberpad anyone...?

damiafix

damiafix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Using BTExplorer on the dongle it seems that when it sleeps/wakes all the BT services are lost (composite class of device is zero)

Pulling it out/in then restarts them

Hello Steve,
I've your mobo and your bt-dongle (trust) but I've a problem, if I leave the BT-dongle connected on the Mobo, when I power on the computer it don't start correctly, it remain stopped on the splash image, and after some second it reboot, and repeat this operation at the infinite.
Do you have the same problem? Certaintly this could to depend from the bios settings, but I don't have found nothing on the bios.

Cheers, D.

muitommy

muitommy

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Interests:Piano x Mac OS X
Hey guys,
is that only the trust bluetooth dongle or dlink, belkin would enable a proper use of magic mouse? with a swipe and scroll etc.

Mine bluetooth dongle can connect both mouse and keyboard, but the magic mouse is not magic at all.

Below is the specs, is that anything i can do to make it work? or i just need to grab a trust dongle?

any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 2.3.8f7
Hardware Settings:
Address: 00-15-83-46-c5-a5
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio
Name: Moi
Firmware Version: 5276
Bluetooth Power: On
Discoverable: Yes
Vendor ID: 0
Product ID: 0x1
HCI Version: 4 (0x4)
HCI Revision: 5276 (0x149c)
LMP Version: 4 (0x4)
LMP Subversion: 5276 (0x149c)
Device Type (Major): Computer
Device Type (Complete): Macintosh Desktop
Composite Class Of Device: 3670276 (0x380104)
Device Class (Major): 1 (0x1)
Device Class (Minor): 1 (0x1)
Service Class: 448 (0x1c0)
Requires Authentication: No
Services:
Bluetooth File Transfer:
Folder other devices can browse: ~/Public
Requires Authentication: Yes
State: Enabled
Bluetooth File Exchange:
Folder for accepted items: ~/Downloads
When other items are accepted: Ask
When PIM items are accepted: Ask
When receiving items: Prompt for each file
State: Enabled
Devices (Paired, Favorites, etc):
Device:
Name: muitommy’s keyboard
Address: e8-06-88-4c-d9-d7
Type: Keyboard
Firmware Version: 0x50
Services: Apple Wireless Keyboard
Paired: Yes
Favorite: Yes
Connected: Yes
Manufacturer: Apple (0x3, 0x31c)
Vendor ID: 0x5ac
Product ID: 0x239
Device:
Name: Jimmy’s mouse
Address: c4-2c-03-af-2a-39
Type: Mouse
Firmware Version: 0x84
Services: Apple Wireless Mouse
Paired: Yes
Favorite: Yes
Connected: Yes
Manufacturer: Apple (0x3, 0x31c)
Vendor ID: 0x5ac
Product ID: 0x30d
Incoming Serial Ports:
Serial Port 1:
Name: Bluetooth-PDA-Sync
RFCOMM Channel: 3
Outgoing Serial Ports:
Serial Port 1:
Address:
Name: Bluetooth-Modem
RFCOMM Channel: 0

Bluetooth USB Host Controller:

Product ID: 0x0001
Vendor ID: 0x0a12 (Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.)
Version: 52.76
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0x1d200000
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 0

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

Hey guys,
is that only the trust bluetooth dongle or dlink, belkin would enable a proper use of magic mouse? with a swipe and scroll etc.

Mine bluetooth dongle can connect both mouse and keyboard, but the magic mouse is not magic at all.

Below is the specs, is that anything i can do to make it work? or i just need to grab a trust dongle?

any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Have you tried adding your device id to kdawgs LegacyBluetooth kext I've linked a fews posts back?
You have Cambridge so it should work for you.

EDIT - POST #170

D

Metal_fire

Metal_fire

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Got a bt dongle for my hackintosh and a magic mouse, works great except for on minor detail. when i click on mouse on system preferences, systems preferences crashes anyone know how to fix this?

damiafix

damiafix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Just in case anyone was wondering, the new magic trackpad does work in conjunction with a magic mouse

a pretty nice combination

steve

Steve, do you have resolved the problem about the combination between the EX58-UD5 and the Trust BT-dongle? I've the same problem...maybe tomorrow I'll try a Belkin BT-Dongle of mine friend.

Cheers, D.

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Whats the problem you have? I am going to have a good play with all these dongles over Christmas (Have an ASUS one stuck in the post too somewhere!), might get the one from Tesco also...

damiafix

damiafix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hi D-an-W,
thanks for the reply...the problem is easy, if you plug a trust bt-dongle (with broadcom chipset) on a Gigabyte EX58-UD5, when you power on your PC, it don't make the memory check and the boot but it's like freezed, and after some second reboot at the infinite! I've seen that Locus (Steve) have mine same problem, so I assume that's a problem of compatibility with this mobo. What do you think?

muitommy

muitommy

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Interests:Piano x Mac OS X

Have you tried adding your device id to kdawgs LegacyBluetooth kext I've linked a fews posts back?
You have Cambridge so it should work for you.

EDIT - POST #170

D

thanks FKA!

the kext has the exact same id to my device, so i don't need the anything.
I put the kext into E/E in EFI partition, but how could i make sure it's loaded?
nothing changes since i put that in, is it still using the previous drivers?
cus the wake from sleep option still greys out and gesture in magic mouse don't work.
the id is still the same.

Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 2.3.8f7
Hardware Settings:
Address: 00-15-83-46-c5-a5
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio
Name: Moi
Firmware Version: 5276
Bluetooth Power: On
Discoverable: Yes
Vendor ID: 0
Product ID: 0x1
HCI Version: 4 (0x4)
HCI Revision: 5276 (0x149c)
LMP Version: 4 (0x4)
LMP Subversion: 5276 (0x149c)
Device Type (Major): Computer
Device Type (Complete): Macintosh Desktop
Composite Class Of Device: 3670276 (0x380104)
Device Class (Major): 1 (0x1)
Device Class (Minor): 1 (0x1)
Service Class: 448 (0x1c0)
Services:

damiafix

damiafix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hello,
I've tried a Belkin BT-Dongle -

Model: F8T003 ver. 2.11
FCC ID: K7SF8T003 V2
IC ID: 3623 A-F8T003V2

look it from this picture:

Posted Image

It use a Cambridge Silicon Radio chipset, and work fine with the Magic Mouse, but I've the strange impression that it's a bit most slow that mine Trust BT-Dongle, (I've a problem with the Trust and the EX58-UD5 mobo; when switch on the PC with this BT-dongle plugged in it don't run correctly) or that sometime it lost the connection with the mouse, or that it use most CPU then the normal, but this could to be a easy impression.
First of the Trust, I've bought another BT-Dongle (without name) that use the same chipset of the Belkin, but it don't work with OSX, in any way.

Cheers, D.

damiafix

damiafix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hello mates,
I've a good news for the Gigabyte EX58-UD5, and Trust BT-Dongle owners, with the bios upgrade, from the f12 to the new beta release 13q, all work fine; no stop and reboots to the startup. I'm back to the trust bt-dongle that I've bough some day ago!!!

Cheers. D.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy