Universal Requests?

ptaylor

228 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A new version of gDisc is out, but the developers still haven't made it unibin. I guess they've been living under a rock.

The links to the source are on the main page:

http://gdisk.sourceforge.net/

Could somebody please compile as a universal binary? It looks like a quick, simple app to port but I have no idea where to begin. I need to read up on compiling.

• 3 weeks later...

Did any one mentioned jMax? It's a visual programming environment for interactive music/multimedia, the powerpc version is really buggy and doesnt work half of the time on rosetta. The commercial version is called Max/msp and costs around 200 or more, and came with some nasty copy-protection.

It's open source and I think it's built on Java and C:

http://freesoftware.ircam.fr/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=14

A new version of gDisc is out, but the developers still haven't made it unibin. I guess they've been living under a rock.

The links to the source are on the main page:

http://gdisk.sourceforge.net/

Could somebody please compile as a universal binary? It looks like a quick, simple app to port but I have no idea where to begin. I need to read up on compiling.

Here's a unibin I compiled. I release it with no warranty, so if it doesn't work, don't complain. :lol:

G_Disk_Unibin.dmg.zip

Here's a unibin I compiled. I release it with no warranty, so if it doesn't work, don't complain. :P

Wow! Thanks. I can't believe how cruddy it ran through Rosetta. Now it absolutely flies! There are also some cool CI and QE effects that I never noticed before within the app. I guess those don't make it through Rosetta.

EDIT: I can't log in to my gmail account. The throbber says "logging in" and nothing seems to happen. I suppose We'll have to wait for an official build. I don't understand why these people continue to release only PPC binaries.

Here's a unibin I compiled. I release it with no warranty, so if it doesn't work, don't complain. :P

Many thanks DaxTsurugi, been waiting for this unibin for a long time. Even emailing the author asking for unibin didn't help. Now this gdisk can run fast without have to use rosetta :P:lol::D

But I wonder the file GDAnimation.bundle that comes along... where should I place that file ?

Thanks

I'm not sure. I've never used this app before. It compiled with the program.

Any chance of a universal binary of irecord 4 by Ammesset Software ?

Not unless they decide to release their source code. You could try emailing them for it.

i have desktop manager running fine on 10.4.5.. if you have QE supported on your card, youll get the spiffy effect.. if not, youll just get a screen change.

the 0.5.2 on the darwinports site does not work.. but the 0.5.3 version on the homepage does work.

http://desktopmanager.berlios.de/

also the 0.6 version works, but is a bit more flaky.

good luck and have fun.

I compiled DesktopManager 0.5.3 for Intel. Give it a try. Again, no guarantees or warranty. :P

DesktopManager.zip

But I wonder the file GDAnimation.bundle that comes along... where should I place that file ?

I moved only the .app to my applications folder. As a result, the program lost all of its cool CI and QE effects. I'm not exactly sure why this file is external. It should be part of a resource bundle or something.

Can you log in using Dax's compilation of gDisk? The throbber keep spinning, but I get nowhere. I know there were no guarantees promised, but I wish these people would stop releasing the app as PPC-only. In fact, I think v.1 of the app was released after the Intel transition. I guess they just don't have an Intel system, but that doesn't prevent them from compiling uni-bins either.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is old (I'll delete this post if it is) but I have compiled Fire (Gaim for Mac OS X) in Intel x86 hackintosh format, Download here

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...