Universal Requests?

ptaylor

228 posts in this topic

I've managed to compile MenuMeters

there was a link to it somewhere but it was dead so i compiled it myself.

you just need to drop the

/usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/i386 folder from the darwin 8.01 cd into the same spot on your mac, then the compile will work and get rid of the error, and give you a nifty menu meter installer which works.

i think this should work for most people.

my problem is that menucracker.menu doesn't work for me...so menu meters is of no use.

it compiled ok so im not sure why:

2005-11-11 23:25:59.580 SystemUIServer[277] *** -[NSBundle load]: Error loading code /Users/demo/Library/PreferencePanes/MenuMeters.prefPane/Contents/Resources/MenuCracker.menu/Contents/MacOS/MenuCracker for bundle /Users/shear/Library/PreferencePanes/MenuMeters.prefPane/Contents/Resources/MenuCracker.menu, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ())

2005-11-11 23:25:59.581 SystemUIServer[277] failed to instantiate and get the principal class of bundle: NSBundle </Users/demo/Library/PreferencePanes/MenuMeters.prefPane/Contents/Resources/MenuCracker.menu> (not yet loaded)

I attached the working version. Not sure where I got it, but it works for me.

thanks...unfortunately, its just like mine for me...doesnt work. i get this (screenshot).

menucracker is simply not loaded.

can you post your copy of menucracker?

heres the readme from your post:

1. copy "MenuCracker.menu" to "/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras" then drag it to the menubar.

2. launch "MenuMeters Installer" and follow instructions

3. go to "System Preferences" and click on MenuMeters prefpane (Other) Enjoy! ;-)

post-13166-1132044242_thumb.png

Yes, I have but one small request. I would like to be able to use my Palm M130 with OSX86. I have used the installer provided by Palm but it gets like 90% done, then says it cannot finish installing.

21-nov-2005: Here is an update to my request. Thanks to the hard work by Maxxuss, et al. I now have a full version of Palm Desktop working on my system, currently 10.4.3 full. Works like a charm.

A port of mythtv would rock. It is already running on Tiger/PPC (haven't tried rosetta yet) and a detailed install-from-source guide is available here for that platform. All the dependancies (lame, mysql, qt) compile for x86 cleanly. But mythtv itself needs some work (probably just modifying ./configure appropriately... but I don't know jack about how to do that).