[Guide] Vanilla Retail 10.6.x with Chameleon v2 for Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L

blackosx

3,676 posts in this topic

No kernel panics here under 10.6.2 with 7300GS. I use Chameleon RC3, DSDT.aml only to fix the CMOS reset bugs and injected EFI strings into com.apple.bios. plist with EFI Studio and text editor.

Interesting....So it can't be all 7 series nVidia cards experiencing problems?

I wonder what's different with your setup from philippebezoteaux's who also uses device (EFI) string for video in com.apple.Boot.plist?

my 10.6.2 works fine, but i cant use the sleep mode.

Config:

Q9650

8GB DDR2 800 Ram

8600GT

I've followed you guide but the sleep mode does not work. I dont work in 10.6.1.

I enabled the graphic crad with the EFI string.

But I'm still happy ;)

my 10.6.2 works fine, but i cant use the sleep mode.

Config:

Q9650

8GB DDR2 800 Ram

8600GT

I've followed you guide but the sleep mode does not work. I dont work in 10.6.1.

I enabled the graphic crad with the EFI string.

But I'm still happy ;)

Sleep is dependent on a few things, but mostly hardware. Could you use sleep with a previous install?

Thanks indraganzo & timdafweak for confirming ;)

I'll link to your post from the front page.

I'm gonna have to check tonight on this one !

Something I was thinking about is that we could copy back the geforce kext from 10.6.1 and see how it works.

Your hunch was right philippebezoteaux.

Sleep is dependent on a few things, but mostly hardware. Could you use sleep with a previous install?

no :(

I forgot

Mainboard Ep45 DS3L

But i will buy a ney graphic card. A 88Gt. Then i will flash it to a real mac one. I hope that that will solve the problem

no :(

I forgot

Mainboard Ep45 DS3L

But i will buy a ney graphic card. A 88Gt. Then i will flash it to a real mac one. I hope that that will solve the problem

You might not be able to get an 8800GT as they are quite old now. Mine though, works great without flashing it with a Mac ROM. But your sleep could be down to a USB device not allowing the system to enter sleep. There are many possibilities which you are going to have to search for and hopefully find an answer. Have your tried one of the recent DSDT's I have posted to my DSDT thread? (Don't forget to replace Scope (_PR) sections with yours).

Thanks indraganzo & timdafweak for confirming :(

I'll link to your post from the front page.

Your hunch was right philippebezoteaux.

I confirm that it is working !

My system is back up and running. But you have to make sure you copy back all files regarding geforce (kext and bundles), otherwise you will be stuck on a blue screen right before the GUI.

I am once again looking into my issue with using a Bluetooth Headset with Snow Leopard (Though it was something I never tried in Leopard). It simply freezes after a few mins use.

I found this old post stating the following:

I will give you one caveat though. OS X seems to have BIG time issues with using a bluetooth headset. Headphones work fine, but if you are planning to use a bluetooth headset (phones + mic) for something like iChat or Skype forget about it. You will be freezing so much you will think you moved to Antarctica. These does not seem to be a hackintosh issue as the Mac support boards are full of people with the same complaints on all different types of true Macs. Hopefully this is something that will finally be addressed in Snow Leopard. From my understanding it seems this problem has existed since 10.5.1 and has actually gotten progressively worse with each new release.

Has anyone here tested a bluetooth headset in Snow? Not just pairing it, but actually using it for input/output for a good several minutes. Mine works for a couple minutes, though with terrible sound quality, after eventually freezing the entire system, causing a force restart. I'm hoping I can maybe get a BT adapter that would work better.

You might not be able to get an 8800GT as they are quite old now. Mine though, wormks great without flashing it with a Mac ROM. But your sleep could be down to a USB device not allowing the system to enter sleep. There are many possibilities which you are going to have to search for and hopefully find an answer. Have your tried one of the recent DSDT's I have posted to my DSDT thread? (Don't forget to replace Scope (_PR) sections with yours).

I made a DSDTS as you described in your thread, when i have installed Snowleopard (october). If you add some Updates, i will made a new one. I will check that with the usb devices.

I have a big problem with my DVI+USB Kvm switch. If you want, you can lokk in that thread:

Click

Thanks

Thanks so much for this guide! I finally have OSX 10.6.2 working with video, audio, ethernet, sleep and everything. Very pleased :)

Only problem is for some reason I am still getting CMOS reset after I restart. This is really a minor annoyance because I have my system overclocked and I have to put all the value back into my bios. I patched my DSDT but it doesn't seem to have fixed it. Suggestions?

Thanks for tip off titan4 ;)

Just updated via software update on my backup install without problem.

Although I had no problems updating I recommend everybody reads Netkas' 10.6.2 post before updating.

And as usual, it's always worth updating your backup install first to ensure everything works as it's supposed to.

EDIT: Check the front page for any latest information regarding the 10.6.2 update.

post-331032-1257804825_thumb.png

Okay. But you shouldn't need to use VoodooHDA.

Nobody else has ever mentioned any problems with audio not working after updating to 10.6.1. All I can suggest is you double check your ALC888 HDEF audio code in your DSDT and re-add the LegacyHDA.kext from my Support Files.

Thanks blackosx,

I reinstalled and everything went fine including 10.6.2 update also I did not change anything.

I guess one of the many mysteries in IT. :)

Thanks.

everything woks fine after I replace

GeForce.kext

GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle

GeForce8xxxGLDriver.bundle

GeForceGA.plugin

GeForceVADriver.bundle

in /S/L/E with one from 10.6.1, reinstall x64 audio for ALC888 and rebuilt the mkext.

Blackosx, I confirm successful update to 10.6.2 :)

After some minutes i'll post in your Gigabyte EP45-DS3L DSDT thread my P-states success ;)

Nice one Rednous. I have replied to your post in the DSDT thread.

I have a 7800GT in both systems listed below and I have had no problems with 10.6.2 running at 32-bit.

Great. Thanks for reporting msm5.

mmmmmm... So is this video problem only an issue with 7300's?

I confirm that it is working !

My system is back up and running. But you have to make sure you copy back all files regarding geforce (kext and bundles), otherwise you will be stuck on a blue screen right before the GUI.

Well done philippebezoteaux. Good to hear you are back up and running.

For anyone else who is replacing kexts etc. in S/L/E/, it's wise to keep a backup of the 10.6.2 files you are replacing.

@EnzoFX - I can't help you there with your bluetooth headset. Hopefully somebody else can answer your call?

@gdfan - Your best bet is to stick with your thread for the UDVI+USB Kvm switch as I don't use one and it looks like other users with those switches will most likely be able to help. Sorry.

@mothergoose729 - All I can suggest is you double check your CMOS reset patch in DSDT as it works for everybody else.

@jotti - well done :) - Yes, a smooth update is all down to either updating SleepEnabler (if you use NullCPUPowerManagement..) or run with IntelAppleCPUPowerManagement (where you won't use SleepEnabler or NullCPUPowerManagement), and a newer video card.

@orwell - Thanks for sharing the list of files you have replaced to enable your 7300GT. But as I mentioned when I replied to philippebezoteaux, keep a backup of the files you replaced.

A note to anyone having problems with their 7300's. Keep a backup of the files you replace as this is a dirty hack, which although works for now, breaks the mould of this thread by you not having an untouched system install. I am sure another solution will appear sometime which might allow you to put some if not all of your files back - maybe leaving the system install untouched.

Hi. I'm having problem with sleep and hibernation.

If patch dsdt for video and ethernet, sleep and hibernation don't work. If I inject EFI strings in com.apple.boot.plist, I can get sleep with hibernatemode 0. With hibernatemode 1 or 3, hibernation doesn't work.

The problem with hibernation (under hibernatemode 1 or 3) relates to USB mouse and keyboard. The computer restarts but keyboard and mouse are dead (that doesn't happen with sleep in hibernatemode 0). It's very curious, because if I plug an usb flash its icon appears on the desktop, so that I conclude the computer is not freezed and not all USB devices have problem, only mouse and keyboard.

Please help me.

Well if it isn't one this its another...

I managed to get sleep and CMOS reset fix working, but for whatever reason my ethernet, which used to work, no longer works. I am using the ACPIPatcher, and under network I chose PEX 5, with the "Fix GP9" and "Use Time Machine fix" checked. My audio works well and so does my video, but the ethernet does not. I tried inserting the EFI string in the boot plist but this is not working either. I generated the EFI string with both EFI Studio 2 and OSX86 tool (both looked identical), added the string to the bottom of the boot plist, and tried from there. I had this problem when i installed 10.5.7. Lan seemed to work well when I first installed OSX, but when i started fiddling to much with the boot.plist and DSDT it suddenly stopped. I used OSX86 tool to inject the EFI string but this option is not working error here, it generates a script error. Help?

Thanks.

everything woks fine after I replace

GeForce.kext

GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle

GeForce8xxxGLDriver.bundle

GeForceGA.plugin

GeForceVADriver.bundle

in /S/L/E with one from 10.6.1, reinstall x64 audio for ALC888 and rebuilt the mkext.

Can someone please upload these KEXT files I'm running blind here and can't find them anywhere. Thanks

Hi. I'm having problem with sleep and hibernation.

If patch dsdt for video and ethernet, sleep and hibernation don't work. If I inject EFI strings in com.apple.boot.plist, I can get sleep with hibernatemode 0. With hibernatemode 1 or 3, hibernation doesn't work.

The problem with hibernation (under hibernatemode 1 or 3) relates to USB mouse and keyboard. The computer restarts but keyboard and mouse are dead (that doesn't happen with sleep in hibernatemode 0). It's very curious, because if I plug an usb flash its icon appears on the desktop, so that I conclude the computer is not freezed and not all USB devices have problem, only mouse and keyboard.

Please help me.

I use sleep with hibernatemode 0 and don't use hibernation. I used to use DeepSleep with PC EFI v9 but it doesn't work with Snow Leopard.

If you unplug your keyboard and mouse then plug them back in, do they work then?

wpw, the update worked flawlessly after replacing the new sleepenabler.kext.

everything works really great, big thanks!

Great ;)

I managed to get sleep and CMOS reset fix working, but for whatever reason my ethernet, which used to work, no longer works. I am using the ACPIPatcher, and under network I chose PEX 5, with the "Fix GP9" and "Use Time Machine fix" checked. My audio works well and so does my video, but the ethernet does not. I tried inserting the EFI string in the boot plist but this is not working either. I generated the EFI string with both EFI Studio 2 and OSX86 tool (both looked identical), added the string to the bottom of the boot plist, and tried from there. I had this problem when i installed 10.5.7. Lan seemed to work well when I first installed OSX, but when i started fiddling to much with the boot.plist and DSDT it suddenly stopped. I used OSX86 tool to inject the EFI string but this option is not working error here, it generates a script error. Help?

Do your BIOS settings for networking match mine on the front page? and can you post the EFI string you are using for your ethernet. Then we can compare it to all of ours as it should be the same. Sounds like you've had this problem for a while?

Can someone please upload these KEXT files I'm running blind here and can't find them anywhere. Thanks

Try using pacifist as suggested in this post.