10.5.7 Released

425 posts in this topic

System in signature running 10.5.6 retail with all modifications in /extra. I downloaded the 10.5.7 combo update just to be on the safe side.

The update to 10.5.7 went fine apart from some minor hiccups, such as the shutdown loop described by others in this thread.

The new Yukon 2 drivers killed my LAN and I haven't figured out how to patch them yet.

Temporarily fixed it by using patched IONetworkingFamily.kext and Yukon2.kext plugin from 10.5.6.

/EDIT

Fixed - using vanilla 10.5.7 IONetworkingFamily.kext and LegacyAppleYukon2.kext from cVad - thanks.

I can't boot with AppleVIAATA.kext in /extra/extensions.mkext anymore. It will freeze right before login.

/EDIT

Fixed - permissions problem. Works fine now.

I'm getting a "sound assertion" error message on bootup that I didn't get before:

12/5/09 20:32:21 kernel Sound assertion "0 == requireMaxBusStallArray" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 1206 goto Exit

Sound seems to work fine so far though.

There's a new "AppleTyMCEDriver" that gives a 'probe fails' message during boot. Does anybody knows what it's probing for?

/EDIT

This is a MacPro kext and will cause some hackintoshes to not boot when ID'd as certain MacPro models. More info elsewhere in this thread.

I wonder why it loads here, mine is set up as an iMac9,1 now.

Oh, and About this Mac now shows 2 x Intel Core Solo, which is kind of funny. Another funny (not funny haha, funny peculiar) thing is that I also got the 'Jan Bird' tickbox in the energy saver settings after changing my smbios.plist to iMac9,1 data. But ticking it does not fix shutdown or sleep!

Mouse jumping when running iTunes is gone!

I downloaded the 440MB Delta upgrade. No problems with the installation. Had to reinstall the sound 889a KTEXT, but that appears to be all. Time Machine - works. Wifi - works. Sleep - works. Require Password to Wake from Sleep or Screen Saver - still broken.

Configuration is the EP45-DS3R with a 8600GT video card. Vanilla installation with the DFE-GRUB ISO.

I am holding off on upgrading my Dell Mini 9 until the mydellmini.com forums have some more data. The experience there seems a little mixed.

10.5.7 working 100% here on my desktop. I had to re-patch my alc888 sound, but other than that, no issues.

Desktop: AMD Phenom II 940 on MSI K9AN, 4 GB DDR2-1066, NVidia 8600GT 512 MB, Voodoo 9.5.0 on iPC 10.5.6

My laptop, however, not so much... On reboot the Apple splash appears, then the screen goes blue. I can't boot in safe mode, either. I think the video driver is to blame. Testing a theory... I'll post back shortly.

Laptop: Gateway MT6840, Intel Centrino Duo T2450, 1 GB RAM, i945 Video, iPC 10.5.6 vanilla.

did you replace your System.kext as well as seatbelt? that's what worked for me.

Eh, no... Looking around, I need the system.kext that goes with my kernel (voodoo)? Know where I can find that (I did save the voodoo kernel package but it is a dmg itself...)

Eh, no... Looking around, I need the system.kext that goes with my kernel (voodoo)? Know where I can find that (I did save the voodoo kernel package but it is a dmg itself...)

The System kext seatbelt kext and kernal must all be the same version. ie 9.6.0

that sucks... have you tried booting in safe mode and mounting the image? I read somewhere that worked for someone.

Installed 10.5.7 on my system: iDeneb 10.5.6 running on a Asus p5q-SE w/ modded bios, E7200@3GHz, 2GB 1066 ram, 9600GT 512MB

I had that strange loop - after the update finished and I clicked restart the screens turned blue and nothing happened for about 10 minutes. The screens kept flickering every couple seconds like they're refreshing, but the HD wasn't doing anything and I restarted.

Next boot I started in verbose, saw the desktop for a second, and then it froze but one of the screens turned back into single user with an error.

The next restart went fine - everything's now working except system profiler and sounds on my board. I'm fixing that now...

I had exactly the same, however after the latest restart i'm still having a black screen?

Installation worked fine on my vanilla config, just with Software Update.

Just had to re-install audio 889a driver in order to get audio back.

Only one issue : my second 24" monitor is now stuck in 1920x1080 instead of 1920x1200.

I think OSX believes it's a HD TV.

If anyone has a solution...

I'm a noob when it comes to hackintoshes but i managed to install 10.5.6 iPC onto my computer. I did the update to 10.5.7 and it ran smoothly until it restarted. Now, im stuck on a blue screen after the apple boot screen. anyone have an idea whats going on?

i have a intel 945gm(950g)

I've got a few questions.

Netkas says you need Disabler and the appleintelcpupm kext in /Extra. I have Disabler in the normal extensions folder, is this ok? Also, i've never even heard of appleintelcpupm until today, whats it for and do i need it?

At least for me it was not needed to be installed in /Extra. I had both Disabler.kext and AppleDecrypt.kext in the /S/L/Extensions folder. That appleintelcpum that you ask, it just goes by many names i think or different kexts for the same purpose: Appleintelcupmdisabler.kext, disabler.kext, etc.

I updated directly (oh well, first downloaded the 10.5.7 update from apples website), and everything went smooth. No opening up terminal and entering those commands before install and then replacing dsmos.kext after the install but before restart. AppleDecrypt and Disabler.kext do all the job for you. And I have both Appleintelcpumanagement and Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext in my extensions folder.

cheers!! :)

well, updated retail boot132 10.5.5 to 10.5.7 with combo update

rebooted twice with -v -f no problem

and had to reinstall my alc888 kexts.

everything seems to be alot smoother

one problem I noticed is waking from sleep.

It wakes pretty slow and flickers my second monitor.

and gives me an error about my usb drives not being ejected properly.

Also my mouse moves a a bit erratically after wake as well.

already tried the "allow power button to sleep computer" trick

Any ideas....??????

Installed last night on my system with ASU, its was too slow so i downloaded it from the site... installed ok, rebooted, could not load my voodoo kernel, i guess it was overwritten, tried AnV's, booted up only with -x -f, deleted AppleCPUManagement.kext, reinstalled the Voodoo Kernel, System.kext and Seatbelt.kext, rebooted and everything works lika a charm..

did you replace your System.kext as well as seatbelt? that's what worked for me.

I did, but to no avail. Can you give me yours that worked?

Right now I'm using:

System:

Versie: 9.5.0

Infotekst: System Resource Pseudoextension, Apple Computer Inc, 9.5.0

kext-versie: 9.5.0

seatbelt:

Versie: 107.12

kext-versie: 107.12

Laadadres: 0x79574000

These worked before on 10.5.5 and 10.5.6 just fine