10.4.6 Upgrade Released

skyliner34

211 posts in this topic

I had to replace the Ioplatformplugin too. I can only boot 10.4.6 in safe mode otherwise I get a panic.

edit: in verbose mode I was getting a chud error so I safe booted and uininstalled it. When booting normaly I no longer get a panic but the gui in unuseable, its' distorted, and what I can mke out is not in the correct position on the screen.

The error I get from Darwin when I start with the -v:

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin

This appears in yellow!

As for the other post about this being unconfirmed, WELL IT'S CONFIRMED, I am sitting here with 10.4.6 booting. Follow the instructions yourself, make some changes to his scripts to make them run and you will get the same result.

well i followed the maxxuss steps and suffer these issues

localhost diskarbitration could not create System Configruation notification port

Launchd com.apple.syslogd segmentation fault

Server 0 in bootstrap 1103 uid 0 /usr/sbin/diskarbitration[61] Exited Abnormaly Segmentation Fault

Launcd com.apple.nibind segmentation fault

Launchd Server 0 in bootstrap 1103 uid0 /usr/sbin/notifd[63] Exited Abnormaly Segmentation Fault

so if you reckon it works post a no nonsence guide please

Partial Patch Solution for 10.4.6

Step 1 - Backup your files

a. Start up into single user mode (-s).

Mount the file system with the commands on the screen.

b. Backup the Kernel:

cd /

cp mach_kernel mach_kernel.bak

c. You should backup your Extensions folder as well.

Step 2 - Download the files you need.

a. Download the 10.4.6 Intel update from Apple.

b. Download the original decrypted files that you will need to put back in order to boot.

I've taken the liberty of commenting out the lines as needed in the replace.sh so it will

run regardless of OS version.

http://tinyurl.com/nryyo

c. Uzip the file above to a folder that is easily accessible from the root of the filesystem.

Step 3 - The install

a. Mount and run the 10.4.6 Intel update you've downloaded.

The install will fail at 50% of "Optimizing" and freeze your computer.

b. Manually restart your computer and boot into single user mode using your BACKUP kernel.

"mach_kernal.bak -s"

c. Put back your old kernel into place:

cd /

cp mach_kernel.bak mach_kernel

d. Go to the folder where you extracted the decryped files. Run replace.sh

./replace.sh

e. run the command: update_prebinding -root / -force

f. Assuming no errors, Restart using the reboot command! -or- redo step d & e.

These steps will get you to a booting 10.4.6 -- however if you watch carefully the messages in

verbose mode, you will see some things are failing. Also, you may want to restore some of your

backup kext's, as I've noticed by ATI video card no longer has QE and CI working.

Hopefully some of you pro's can update this method to make it work perfectly.

Warning for people with a real cpu, DON'T install 10.4.6 it will royally screw up your system and there will no way to recover it until maxxuss patches the new homosexual cpuid {censored} added by the retarded apple code monkey. Damned {censored} let's hope they go out of business soon, boycott anything apple/intel/ati the evil trio

Warning for people with a real cpu, DON'T install 10.4.6 it will royally screw up your system and there will no way to recover it until maxxuss patches the new homosexual cpuid {censored} added by the retarded apple code monkey. Damned {censored} let's hope they go out of business soon, boycott anything apple/intel/ati the evil trio

Yeah thanks but too late :blink::D:D

Its funny really how we all crave the latest, and the question is what benefit really is it.

Especially as it could screw everything up.

I found it handy to keep a spare os x running on a 10 gb hard drive, can just swap cables without worrying about screwing os x, comes in handy for browsing my main os x drive to fix things.

Can anyone confirm the following

does 10.4.6 stop me from using my realtek LAN card, and my WG311t CARD? In need to have wireless working, which is my Netgear WG311T card!. Does it break QE/CI on GMA900? Does it break the sound on AC97?

In order to convince me to install 10.4.6 on my machine someone (maxxuss or someone else) will have to create a no-brainer install package that is easy and requires no complicated stuff, just double click and installl! 10.4.5 is working perfectly on my DC 5100 and i dont intend to screw that up!

(I just need to find some Intel compatible GAMES and DVD rippers. Rosetta slows down DVD21x too much)

on a side note does anyone know why the About this Mac shows why i have a 4.3 GHZ CPU and the system profiler says i have a 6 GHZ cpu when i only have a 3GHZ CPU?

some people said they have updated their safari using pacifist.

where is the newer safari loacated on the .pkg I got from the apple site?

If you open it with pacifist it's under the applications folder.

I right click on "MacOSXUpd10.4.5Intel.pkg" and pick "show package contents" and inside that is a "contents" folder inside that is resources and a few other things, there is no "applications" folder.

alright, i went to the website and saw one called "update combo for intel" and I'm gonna try that one, it has a bigger filesize.

I'm not trying to tell you blind, but the folder is there. Right at the top of the list. I just updated all the applications, I see no differences though.

Edit: Sorry man, I'm the blind one. I didn't read your post well. I'm talking about Pacifist, so opening the package there shows the folder. I haven't tried to open it in the way you described.

nah, I'm just a retard, I didn't know pacifist was a program, I thought it was just another way to call it manual install.

AMD Update Annoucement

have gotten this to boot to blue screen with black mouse pointer, just no Login Window yet, (This was non combo update) and going to try with the combo update and play with that

Ben

not sure if anyone has seen, but JAs has released a ppf for upgrading to 10.4.6 on demxxxxxx. I'm getting now, I'll post back to tell how simple it was or if it was just as complex as the previous posted way.

Dary23

not sure if anyone has seen, but JAs has released a ppf for upgrading to 10.4.6 on demxxxxxx. I'm getting now, I'll post back to tell how simple it was or if it was just as complex as the previous posted way.

Dary23

It is known whether it does work for AMD CPU's?

AMD Update Annoucement

have gotten this to boot to blue screen with black mouse pointer, just no Login Window yet, (This was non combo update) and going to try with the combo update and play with that

Ben

Same here. Will report once DL is done.

I follow up kin's sol , I have no problems for replacing the file after updating , but i encount a error when using update_prebinding , i got the followings errors ,

error: can't create temp image

error 256 running update_prebinding_core

error 32512 running /usr/libexec/oah/oah750 -prebindOAH

Anyone knows what the problems is ...

I couldn't complete that update and I can just enter the login screen , with no loading on the blue bars ...

Sorry for my poor english!!Thanks ~