Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

Just installed this (1.11b0) with my Audigy OEM (Audigy ES equivalent, 10k2 chip) in my Hackintosh (Snow Leopard Retail 10.6.0 running on a Dell Optiplex 760).

Works well so far but haven't tested the two rear speakers yet (repairing them is my next project). I can feel output through my subwoofer, so that's good.

Sound output in Parallels 4 works fine.

Output levels are quit a bit louder than the Griffin Firewave that I was previously using so I got treated to a really loud "Funk" when the install finished :P

• 3 weeks later...

bash-3.2# kextload -t /system/library/extensions/kxaudiodriver.kext
can't add kernel extension /system/library/extensions/kxaudiodriver.kext (validation error) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)
kernel extension /system/library/extensions/kxaudiodriver.kext has problems:
Validation failures:
{
"Executable file doesn't contain kernel extension code" = true
}

Umm..?

bash-3.2# kextload -t /system/library/extensions/kxaudiodriver.kext
can't add kernel extension /system/library/extensions/kxaudiodriver.kext (validation error) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)
kernel extension /system/library/extensions/kxaudiodriver.kext has problems:
Validation failures:
{
    "Executable file doesn't contain kernel extension code" = true
}

Umm..?

Go to 1.11b0 Bug Report Page from here  :)  

Great!

Internal Realtek ALC onboard is slowly dieing a quieter and quieter death, so I scored

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...T#ht_500wt_1059

on eBay for $3!. Glad it'll work on my hack pro :)

[EDIT: Double post because of IPS driver error...grrrr...]

I see mention of the CA??? chip in that description plus emu10k2.5 so it may not work, Creative in their infinite wisdom decided to fsck with their line of cards making some of them you would think work with this driver not because it is not the "real" chip on there.

I see mention of the CA??? chip in that description plus emu10k2.5 so it may not work, Creative in their infinite wisdom decided to fsck with their line of cards making some of them you would think work with this driver not because it is not the "real" chip on there.

Nope.. Works fine, I got the card in the mail today, popped it in and it works perfectly

audigy2.png

(System Preferences after unloading old VoodooHDA kext)

Gets a bit of distortion after turning it up past half on the volume meter (using headphones) but good enough not to really bother me. I don't know if it's the card or the OS, this is literally a brand new card for me, so I guess I'll find out if it does the same thing on Windows if I ever bother to reinstall it again. ;)

Very nice.

Works perfect with Audigy 2zs platinum using snow leopard 10.6.0 and 10.6.2. Have not checked to see if microphone is working as I don't use it but sound works and it's very clear.

Great driver and easy installation!

Thanks

Vanilla SL 10.6.2

Sound SB Audigy (SB0090)

kXAudioDriver-1.11b0

The microphone does not work. No input device found.

What to do?

The driver does not support input, personally I bought a refurbished Griffin iMic on Ebay not that I use the mic much with it but it worked well enough when I tested it.

Hi,

I have been following E and kxproject since I bought my sblive! platinum (was it 10 years ago??)

XP drivers were nearly always perfect, now Vista drivers are great! Perfect for audio production etc.

Having installed iDeneb 10.5.5 and having switched from Cubase to Logic I would be utterly grateful to have some MIDI support (no device shows up in the MIDI section of Audio/MIDI setup). Record input would be great too, but I'm happy using my onboard (gigabyte x38 with ALC889) although s->n is really not great and 24bit is kinda clunky (actually ALC889 are thoroughly sh*thouse for pro recording compared to the good ol sb).

I know recording is yet to be implemented and am not worried as such. However, MIDI support would be AMAZING! I'm pretty sure this has been asked before but no indication was given re implementation. If E has really given up on osx86 then my live! drive is doomed to just hang there impotently... one of the reasons I bought it in the first place was the MIDI ports, and I really can't be arsed buying USB port(s)!

Anyway mad props to Eugene and Oxtie carrying this topic since 2008!

Cheers all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...