OS X To Come Preinstalled on Hewlett-Packard Servers?

22 posts in this topic

While examining the AppleSMBIOS.kext binary from the 10.5.3 beta of Leopard, a member discovered a mention of a Hewlett Packard server, the ProLiant DL140 G3 Server. After some investigations, we’ve noticed that the hardware used by this server is rather close to what is already used by current Macs. : Intel graphics, 2 broadcom network NICs, and a 5000X motherboard, which is very close to the Mac Pro. So what does this mean? Is Apple planning to license OSX for this non-apple hardware?

9r4o7o.jpg

The string was found at offset 292D, also notice the « Apple Hardware=0 » string

Nice, however I'm not sure it's gonna open many new possibilites reguarding hackintosh, it's still restricted hardware, non upgradable, and no new drivers for it. But maybe they'll gonna expand their coming to the PC world, it looks promising. In that case it could be very interesting.

If Apple were to do this, well, it would certainly be a step in the right direction! But I really doubt this will happen, as allowing people to sell other OS X products would severely impact their revenue.

It says "ProLiant DL140 G3 Server_Apple hardware=0" right? (P.S. I know this is April Fools but anyway)

Well "Apple hardware=0" looks to me that it is implying that the ProLiant server is NOT Apple hardware :D Just being binary/boolean logical here :)

It says "ProLiant DL140 G3 Server_Apple hardware=0" right? (P.S. I know this is April Fools but anyway)

Well "Apple hardware=0" looks to me that it is implying that the ProLiant server is NOT Apple hardware :P Just being binary/boolean logical here ;)

and maybe hp servers are really non apple hardware!

Hmm.. My ROFLcopter goes soi soi soi soi soi!

Nice try :)

:):hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

my friends and i actually did that with MS Sam at school and distributed it over the common hard drive. It spread pretty fast.