Solving USB problems; USB devices do not mount

LioNEXT

408 posts in this topic

LioNext, I have applied your solution. Just ran the installer, did not touch any settings or did not customize it (even did not check the 8-9-10 steps), now USB devices get mounted automatically.

I am running a Kallyway 10.5.2 install and my kernel version was 9.2.0 and my System kext was 9.2.2.

I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R motherboard.

Thanks for this great solution!

After the USB Mount Fix package, here is another usefull topic for you guys... complete 10.5.3 update with many fixes built-in from start incl usb mount fix

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=109102

here you will find the easiest 10.5.3 update that most of the important stuffs built-in and no usb mount issue with any settings choosen...

good luck...

Hello,

I dont know what to do anymore, I am about to slam my comp against a wall. I have been at this all day and nothing. I have installed the system about 15 times today alone.

I really need some kind of fix, the most important thing to mention that I have gotten after trying all the steps is the the come.apple.driver.AppleUSBComposite is not loading even if I try adding it to lingom. I think this is really the problem, and when I try to load it manually it says that there is no such file.

Come on guys help me out I am an idiot on all this.

thanks

Tested on my P35C-DS3 and it's working on 10.5.2

If I install 10.5.3 ComboUpdate (not moded) for kalyway, it's necessary to re-install the patch ?

And, transfert files into my USB drive are sloooow... (300 ko/s ;) )

Any solution ?

Hi! I'm the newbie in the neibourhood :angel: (I hope so!) ...

At first special thanks to LioNEXT and "Misticus C" for all the great support.

I've been reading at first the Misticus's newbie tutorial:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87901

(it was great to install de nat-driver to my AtiRadeon, and not die in the try!).

... and then all this topic, to Fix the USB issue in my Hachintosh.

NOW EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT! :P (sorry for the Caps!).

To be more specific ... this FIX works nice for me, to solve these 3 issues:

1 - USB 2.0 front-ports (and rear panel), now mounts nice all my "USB FLASH DEVICES" (including a TDK Trans-it with partition security soft).

2 - I'm using a WIFI USB C4RU device (ralink driver), and now it's not necesary to plug it before boot osx ... Leopard can detect it in every moment.

3 - Mostly I use my Osx86 to make music ... so I use a MOTU-828mkII FIREWIRE as my audio-firewire-interfase. The USB-Fix also solve issues in FIREWIRE ports ... now the MOTU's driver works more stable and don't introduce unwanted noises in the analog and ADAT channels. And now it's not necesary to switch-on the device before boot osx ... Leopard can detect it in every moment.

My SETUP and GEAR:

- Kaliway 10.5.2 sse2/3 intel/amd EFIv8.

( default install, with sleep-kernel ---> Patched with USB-FIX v1.3 )

- Mobo Asus P5LD2 Deluxe.

.Chipset intel 945c.

.Audio Realtek ALC882M - works out of the box (only the output).

.Marvell 88E8053 LAN Ethernet controller - works out of the box.

.USB back - works out of the box.

. Firewire ports, Texas Instrument cc ---> Need patch: USB-FIX v1.3

- PENTIUM-D 3ghz (recognize 2 cores, works nice!).

- 4GB Ram Kingstom 667 mhz SDRAM.

- Ati Radeon x1300pro 512mb ---> Need Nativx1300 driver patch. Works nice.

- SATA HD 160gb x 2.

- MOTU 828mkII audio-device (need Texas Instruments mobo controller to Firewire ports) ... works great. ---> Need patch: USB-FIX v1.3 to work more stable.

- M-AUDIO MIDISPORT 8x8 - midi usb ports (need m-audio driver). Works nice!

- USB WIFI Conceptronic C4RU (need ralink driver). Works nice!

- Using original Mac Pro keyboard and mouse.

Hope the info. helps! ;)

Tested on my P35C-DS3 and it's working on 10.5.2

If I install 10.5.3 ComboUpdate (not moded) for kalyway, it's necessary to re-install the patch ?

And, transfert files into my USB drive are sloooow... (300 ko/s :) )

Any solution ?

Is it only for the front ports you see slow speed or for the ones at the back as well?

I have a Kalyway 10.5.2 install on an EP35-DS4 and was having problems with usb drives not showing up unless i rebooted. I looked all over trying to find a solution, and then LioNEXT posted this easy to use guide to get my USB working correctly. It works great so far. Thanks a lot for the time and effort that you put into this LioNEXT.

By the way, if I am running Kalyway 10.5.2, are there any compelling reasons to upgrade to 10.5.4 or reinstalling with a retail leopard DVD? Or for that matter update my BIOS to 2.1 or whatever? Should i just stick with what i have?

Again, thanks to LioNEXT

I have a Kalyway 10.5.2 install on an EP35-DS4 and was having problems with usb drives not showing up unless i rebooted. I looked all over trying to find a solution, and then LioNEXT posted this easy to use guide to get my USB working correctly. It works great so far. Thanks a lot for the time and effort that you put into this LioNEXT.

By the way, if I am running Kalyway 10.5.2, are there any compelling reasons to upgrade to 10.5.4 or reinstalling with a retail leopard DVD? Or for that matter update my BIOS to 2.1 or whatever? Should i just stick with what i have?

Again, thanks to LioNEXT

updating is always good for system reliability and security. but beware to use the combo updater (from 10.5.3 to 10.5.4, you can use the software update feature directly; no problemo). read the forums for how to do it. I always keep a second partition that I use for testing or booting to if my main partition fails after update. That way I can always edit stuff that I need to on the main one (that is screwed after update). Also read about the recent Boot-132 people have developed (check on home page). It makes things really easy. Finally, retail DVD install in my experience gives no performance advantage.

Hi, I followed your guide, but I isn't able to get my USB working :(

I have the following hardware in my computer:

Motherboard: Asus A8N SLI32-DELUXE

Ram: 2x 1Gb Corsair PC 3200

Graphics card: Inno3d GeForce 7900GTX

Harddisk: ATA Maxtor

I am sure that the kernel and system.kext version matches, look at the image below.

post-256197-1215862410_thumb.png

I installed OS X with the kalway 10.5.2 dvd, and I selected the USB fix, but I got the installer do delete it for me (and I have manually checked that it isn't on my system anymore).

I have the following USB modules loaded on my system:

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBUHCI

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBOHCI

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBUserClient

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBHub

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBComposite

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHIDDriver

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageClass

I have activated USB legacy support and plug and play support in the BIOS.

I hope you can help me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Running iATKOS v4i 10.5.4 and none of my USB devices would mount after plugging them in. If I restarted with them on they mounted ok, and would remount if I unplugged them and plugged them in again. I ran the "usb fix 1.3" installer from the first post and now everything works perfectly with my USB stuff.

Thanks so much for this! I'm a happy camper again.

Hi, i'm running kalyway 10.5.2

does anybody know of an alternate link for the usb fix 1.3 package?

i'm having problems downloading from rapidshare due to my ISP.

can anyone upload the file to an alternate location, or send me the file?

appreciate your help very much.

Hi, i'm running kalyway 10.5.2

does anybody know of an alternate link for the usb fix 1.3 package?

i'm having problems downloading from rapidshare due to my ISP.

can anyone upload the file to an alternate location, or send me the file?

appreciate your help very much.

did you get this file or not yet? PM me and I will send you the file if you still haven't got one.

@frigaut, thefez, SlickNick_za, ....

good luck with your working Leo. Now do some work also on that awesome machine. And don't forget to thanks Mysticus as well for his valuable input.

did you get this file or not yet? PM me and I will send you the file if you still haven't got one.

@frigaut, thefez, SlickNick_za, ....

good luck with your working Leo. Now do some work also on that awesome machine. And don't forget to thanks Mysticus as well for his valuable input.

Thanks LioNEXT and Mysticus! You guys rock!

I checked my kernels and while one is 9.1.0, the other is 9.4.0! I noticed on the screenshot of USB Fix, that I can only choose between 9.2.0 and 9.2.2, but not a 9.4.0 one? Should I downgrade to 9.2.0/2 then? Are there any implications?

I used the MSIWINDosx86-image, which I believe is a Kalyway derivate.

(my 'Nano' is running smooth now, apart from the USB troubles of course, and I wouldn't like to brick it, KP's and such and start all over again)

I checked my kernels and while one is 9.1.0, the other is 9.4.0! I noticed on the screenshot of USB Fix, that I can only choose between 9.2.0 and 9.2.2, but not a 9.4.0 one? Should I downgrade to 9.2.0/2 then? Are there any implications?

I used the MSIWINDosx86-image, which I believe is a Kalyway derivate.

(my 'Nano' is running smooth now, apart from the USB troubles of course, and I wouldn't like to brick it, KP's and such and start all over again)

use both 9.2.0 system.kext and kernel and you should be okay.