Solving USB problems; USB devices do not mount

LioNEXT

408 posts in this topic

I run vanilla kernel and 10.5.6 update and having weird problem with Logitech Cam. I need to unplug USB cord and plug it back to get it working. After restart I have to do the same. 1.3mkgUSB package screws everything on 10.5.6. Any ideas?

WOW this is quite a thread. Like so many, I too have the USB mounting issue and I too seem to have it because my install was from a Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD. I ran the v1.3 installer linked in the first post of this thread, only selected the 9.1.0 kext, followed steps 8, 9 and 10 for good measure and I can now plug in my USB devices while my computer is running. YEAH!!!!

But beyond all that, I have a question about the PCGENUSB2 issue.

Since I used a Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD and I didn't mess (much) with any of the installation options, it would make sense if I had the PCGENUSB2 file installed by default. I can't imagine why I would have UN-checked it, since I was not aware of the PCGENUSB2 issue until just today when I found this thread. The odd thing is, I don't seem to have this installed.

I went to System/Library/Extensions, then right-clicked on the IOUSBFamily.kext file. I went to "show package contents" and worked my way into the plugins folder. Surprisingly, I do NOT have the PCGENUSB2 file. I'm not sure why this is. I do have a similarly named file which is PCGenUSBEHCI.kext Is this a problem? I know it's not the same file, but with such a similar name, I thought I'd ask. I have searched the forums and noticed that this particular file gets mentioned a lot in the "Currently 10.5.5 Combo" thread, but I've not yet taken on that behemoth of a thread as I've spent the last hours working my way through this one and I'm not doing a 10.5.5 upgrade.

Oh, I'll also note that (afaik) I'm NOT experiencing any of the problems associated with the PCGENUSB2 file (I have 7 "USB Bus"ses listed and two "USB High-Speed Bus"ses listed in System Profiler), I merely was checking in the IOUSBFamily.kext file since PCGENUSB2 is reported to be directly connected with a Kalyway 10.5.2 installation. I hope I don't get yelled at for asking this question but if I do, I guess I'll take it :wacko:

EDITED to note that while watching the verbose startup of my machine, I saw a line that said:

"Failed to load extension com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI.

Class "AppleEHCIedMemoryBlock" is duplicate

Duplicate class

kmod_control/start failed for com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI; destroying kmod

Failed to load extension com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI."

Would installing the "USB Family Original" from the v1.3 installer solve this problem?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is truly useful information that I think could possibly be more useful if stickied? Could also be relevant in the hardware, other peripherals and/or post-installation sections of the forum?

• 2 weeks later...
You will find the PlugIns folder in the kext. Open Finder and navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ in your Mac OS X drive. Locate the IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext here and copy it. Then locate the IOUSBFamily.kext and right click on it. Select Show Package Contents. Go into Contents and you should find the PlugIns Folder. Paste the IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext here.

Now click on the Spotlight at the top right of your screen and type in Disk Utility. Slect your Mac OS X drive and click repair permissions and once done reboot. See if this helps

I'm on 10.5.6 and I followed that little guide too and copied the MassStorage kext to the plugins Folder of IOUSBFamily kext and repaired permissions. Upon rebooting the computer said that the kext was installed incorrectly once I plugged in my flash drive :)

Hey Guys,

first of all, i used Leo4all Version 4.1 (Leo 10.5.4)! Everythink looks great ... but one fact sounds bad: MY USB and FireWire 400!

Is it possible, that anyone from you can take me by the hand and go step by step to all possibillities? I have no Idea, where the mistake can be...

Im using a Motherboard called Asus A8N32 SLI , if you need this information!

So, my problem is, that no USB STick or external HD would be mountet! But from the beginning (install from leo4all) i used a wireless usb mouse and keyboard... and THIS WORKS !!!

Any Ideas? Please help... thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm using iAtkos 5i (version 10.5.5)and had a good install. I have the latest Voodoo Kernel (9.5). But I still have some problems with my Toshiba Satellite 1300-1IA (modelnumber: PSAGCE-01R00NTB).

USB-devices:

When I reboot and my USB mouse is in my pc, it will work but when I get it out of the USB and put it back in it won't work, so I'm guessing there's something wrong that it can't recognize my USB devices. So to make my USB mouse work it has to be connect before it boots.

So any idea how I can resolve this problem?

So I checked versions, bot are the same, then tried your method but no resolving the problem and went back and installed the latest Voodoo Kernel!

my topic: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=155418

Alright, so I did this and nothing happend.. i decided to move on to my jmicron pci-e to ide/sata card for a while.. anyways while I was tryin to get the expansion card to work, i was in the process of reboot. I went to enter the flags "-f -v". I typed quickly and accidently entered "-f 0v"..

seems like nothing right? with the flag 0v my USB suddenly started working... i restarted and left out the 0v, my USB has went back to normal and not working.. i restarted again.. this time added the 0v and BLAMO! USB works yet again..

I know very little about the flags, I know -v shows diagnostics, x loads safe mode, -s loads single sure or what ever.. but whats the deal with 0v? And on that note.. is there a way to set flags to the boot file so it loads automatically every time? thats ZERO v(0v), not the letter o.

Has anyone else has this experience?

lucassster

There are some USB related threads on this forums here that kind of linger on without much replies or real solutions. I hope we can make one amalgamated thread that is all USB problems related

FEW IMPORTANT THINGS FIRST:

1) Make a habit of putting signatures in your post. It is very easy. Just go to control center and make one of your own or copy/paste signature from any post you like and edit it. Use mine if you like. This helps a lot for solving your problem and keeping sanity on part of the helper.

EDIT (by Moderator): but first read and follow the Signature and Avatar Rules

2) Make a habit of going through the whole thread. There will be lot of things that would be discussed that may be relevant to you. I learnt this way. All newbies learn this way. But as Mysticus C* calls it, only n00bies (=Stupid) don't read and therefore don't learn. So be a learner. I solved all my major and most minor installation problems without posting even once!! And I was a complete novice to begin with. :)

UPDATE (09/28/08): I just figured that after updating to 10.5.5, I started getting USB drives not mounting problem again. I am still using 9.2.0 kernel and system.kext. It appears that since 10.5.5, the IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is now not included as a plugin in the IOUSBFamily.kext, but separately in Extensions folder. Somehow with 9.2.0 kernel and system.kext, the kernel never picks up the updated massstorageclass kext. So I went ahead and copied this kext to the plugin folder of IOUSBFamily.kext and corrected the permissions. The USB drives mount fine now with updated USB kexts but older kernel and system.kext. I have not investigated extensively, so there may be some other cause. But if anybody cares, then it solved this for me.

UPDATE: 06/01/08 05/13/08: At the end of this update, you will find my original post dealing with a workaround procedure (Lingon Method) for solving USB, Firewire problems, etc. They may still work for you if nothing else works. But majority of people should get it solved with the method below and keep in mind all the points mentioned here. Credit goes to Mysticus C* for making a USB fix installer for an easy solution. So here we go!

( A ) CHECK YOUR BIOS FIRST:

You may have one or all of these options:

enable: plug and play

enable: usb legacy support (this is only needed if you want your usb hdd dvd/cd roms flash disks to be recognized at boot for various reasons, like booting off from usb dvdrom, or hdd or flash memory etc. If disabled, this does not affect at all while in the OS, since the OS (OSX or Windows) will load its appropriate drivers.)

enable: usb keyboard and mouse (this will enable you to work with usb keyboard and mouse at boot. Otherwise, they may not work until any OS is loaded)

( B ) MAIN CAUSES OF USB NOT MOUNTING ISSUE:

(Some abbreviations: S: System L:Library E:Extensions C:Caches)

1) Incompatibility problem: The problem is caused from having different (non-matching) versions of kernel (mach_kernel) and system.kext. Say you have 9.2.0 kernel, but system.kext version is 9.2.2 This will cause USB not mounting issue...

How to check kernel version:

The easiest way to check kernel is running terminal window (applications/utilities/terminal) and type:

uname -a

It will show a long line and at the end of the line it should say the version. Check the figure below.

How to check system.kext version:

Open a finder window, go to /S/L/E and find the file named "system.kext" right click on it, and click on Get Info. In the Get Info window, you will see the Version number. Alternatively, you can right click on the kext, click "show package contents", and open the "info.plist" file (in text editor, for example). It should show a line like this:

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>9.2.2</string>

Here is how it should look like:

post-176586-1210576125_thumb.jpg

Both should match in versions. If you have 9.2.2 kernel, then system.kext should also be 9.2.2. However, if your kernel and system.kext versions are not matching, that is then the root of the problem. So in order to fix these issues, use the installer provided below. Once you can confirm the details and you know you have non-matching versions, you can continue to Install Guide and follow the instructions

2) PCGENUSB2 problem: There is another possible way that things may not work as intended. This is however a very specific situation and may be needed for some of you. You must know your system details. There is a good chance there is someone out there who has a similar configuration. Therefore, searching and reading first really helps. The problem is called: "USB 2.0 aka high speed bus is not working". This problem exists on certain laptops (and old desktop configurations) that contains non-standard bioses, or some old motherboards. In order to fix this issue, "PCGENUSB2.kext" can be installed as part of plugins inside "IOUSBFamily.kext". Kalyway installation adds this by default. To check it, go to /S/L/E and right click IOUSBFamily.kext, open package contents, go to plugins folder and see if you have this kext there). What it does is that it forces the bios to release the information regarding the USB 2.0 controller, so that OSX can handle high speed bus as well. Nevertheless, most people have recent hardware configurations and may not even have this issue and much less need it. On the other hand, it seems for at least some of them, having PCGENUSB2 actually complicates or worsens their USB problems (for example, see noam's post here having a weird wireless USB issue). So it may be advisable to remove this unnecessary part and leave IOUSBFamily.kext vanilla.

How you may got this pcgenusb2 file?:

• You deliberately installed it yourself.
  • You installed Kalyway 10.5.2 dvd with default settings (by default, PCGENUSB2 is selected in the patches section).

What to do about it?:

This you may have to verify yourself if you need it or not. If you are sure that you have the USB 2.0 issue, that you must install the pcgenusb2 file, then do not delete this. So uncheck the last option in the installer (If the option is checked, the installer places a vanilla IOUSBFamily.kext that lacks this PCGENUSB2). A cautionary warning: although PCGENUSB2 helps for those folks who need it, it may cause some USB devices to not work as intended. Sorry, there is no other way... (or buy a new mobo :D )

If you are sure that you dont have this issue and don't need it, make sure you check the last option so that it installs a vanilla IOUSBFamily.kext.

( C ) HOW-TO GUIDE FOR FIXING THE ISSUE "USING USB fix 1.3.MPKG" (aka USB Fix Installer)

1 ) Download the zip file

2 ) Extract the file on your desktop or where ever you like

3 ) Open the folder wherever you extracted the file

4 ) Double click/run the file "USB Fix 1.3.mpkg"

5 ) This has to be installed on the partition you are running OSX, so, no location change on this version

6 ) Click on "Customize", to be able make your own choices...

7 ) By Default: "9.2.0 System.kext only" and "USB Family Original Restore Backup" is selected.

Reasons for default selections:

• I see that many people are using Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD, which by default has 9.2.0 sleep kernel, selected but installs 9.2.2 system.kext... To solve one of the two issues, you need to have correct system.kext. So this is why I made 9.2.0 system.kext only default
  • As default on the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD, PCGENUSB2 is also selected. This is a full driver package that is needed only on handful of mobos/laptops which has problematic bios that doesnt release the USB 2.0 high speed bus information to OS as a result it causes High Speed ports to not work. However majority of the people do not have this issue... Therefore I made this by default selection for people who accidently installed pcgenusb2...

Although at this stage you can restart, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Steps 8,9,10 that are optional but useful on some unique situations...

8 ) Open a finder window, and locate /S/L/Extensions.mkext file. Right Click on it, and select Move To Trash (enter password of course later)

9 ) Locate /S/L/E/C/com.apple.kext.info file and same right click and move to trash

10 ) Restart and at boot press F8 where it waits for 5 secs. Type: -v -f (this is gonna recreate driver caches and fast boot caches. the reason why we are doing 7,8 is sometimes these caches prevent new drivers from loading. Although Leopard has auto update function on these caches, sometimes better take precaution...)

WARNING: The installer is fairly safe but still use it at your own risk. Any problem, please report :)

post-176586-1210711843_thumb.png

DOWNLOAD (usb_fix_1.3.mpkg.zip)

Update: 05/18/08: New Installer version 1.3; Installer fixed for force-deleting of kexts; Have been tested extensively. If you had used earlier version and were unsuccessful in getting your problem solved, I urge you to try this one out. There was little bug in the earlier version.

The below given information is ONLY FOR THOSE FOLKS who like to tinker on their own inside the hood just to make sure that the fix is performed 100%. If you are using going to use the installer, you don't need to read this. Here is what you can do to manually replace the relevant system.kext . The replacement below is for 9.2.0 system.kext . You can find other versions elsewhere or use pacifist to extract from the installer above.

1) Remove the current non-matching system.kext

2) Remove the Lingon created plist, eg USBstarter (it is in /Library/LaunchDaemons folder), if you have created one using the previous method I had described before (see the end of this post below)

3) Put the 9.2.0 system.kext in /System/Library/Extension folder

4) Repair permissions:

sudo chown -R 0:0 /S/L/E/System.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /S/L/E/System.kext

5) OPTIONAL: If you don't need PCGENUSB2, then delete IOUSBFamily.kext and replace a vanilla copy in its place. Repair permissions for this one as well.

5) Delete the extension.mkext file and the file inside /S/L/E/Caches folder (com.apple.kext.info)

6) Restart. Use -v -f option during boot during rebuild the cache (Press F8 at the darwin bootloader to get to the boot option, if needed). Plug in any USB drive. It should work wonders. Don't worry if you don't see IOUSBMassStorage.kext in Terminal using kextstat after boot. It gets invoked once you put a USB device and the kext will also be visible in Terminal

System_9.2.0.kext.zip

( D ) GENERAL INFORMATION

I am adding this section for tid-bits that we gather from discussions in this thread.

• [1] This solution should fix your Firewire issues (that are related to this non-matching problem) as well. Firewire devices should mount now.

[2] If you happen to replace the IOUSBFamily.kext but figured that you actually need PCGENUSB2, here is a place to get IOUSBFamily.kext that has the PCGENUSB2.kext in its plugins.
http://osx86.wikidot.com/utilities-resources

[3] If you are a blackberry user and you get something about the current being insufficient for charging check drivers etc, check Toonces Katt's post #212 for a fix.

[4] If you have matching kernel and system.kext but still find that USB devices do not mount or would only mount sometimes, the problem may be caused by other hardware such as problematic card readers. Once again, check Toonces Katt's post #223 how removing the card reader (a cheap Dell one) helped him diagnose and solve the USB problem.

Happy USB plugging!

LioNEXT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is my original post for posterity and for learning purposes. You can also use this if you can not solve the problem using the above method. I would also suggest reading this so that you get acquainted with troubleshooting mac problems.

[uPDATES]

The updates below were using Lingon method.

Update 04/30/08: McKack and BoNeS solved problem of Firewire devices not mounting with this method as well. See post #54 and post #231 by adding daemons for:

kextload -b com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireAVC

kextload -b com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireSBP2

Update 04/09/08:

Following USB related kexts should be loaded for the devices to work ( check with kextstat | grep "USB" ). Also, see post #17 below.

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBUHCI

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBUserClient

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBHub

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBComposite

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHIDDriver

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageClass

See the attachment below for a screenshot of Lingon app and the things that need to be checked.

Lingon.pdf

Update 04/08/08: Make sure you check the box next to Enable and then hit save. If there are more than one kext that does not get loaded, create daemon for each kext and enable and save.

[/uPDATES]

Alright, here is my USB problem and how I resolved it and I believe it probably can resolve some other issues as well.

My USB devices like pen drives or USB external storage disks won't mount in Leopard 10.5.2. Well, let me qualify my statement. On my configuration, they would do so with stock kernel but then I won't have shut down and restart. So I installed Netkas' sleep/shutdown kernel (modified toh 9.2.0), which works absolutely well for me, but now USB devices do not mount. I read somewhere that at every startup, kexts get their links from the kernel. So one has to appropriately match kernel with kexts. So the system.kext and kernel should be compatible. Since Netkas' kernel is 9.2.0 (and not 9.2.2), some stuff doesn't work (I hope he will release updated kernel).

So I confirmed that IOUSBMassStorageClass kext does not get loaded during startup. In Terminal,

sudo -s

enter password (don't worry if you don't see it :D )

kextstat | grep "USB"

There is no com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageClass loaded.

(There is also a small app called USBProber available from apple in its USB debug kit that you can also use to see directly to check what kexts are loaded for USB and globally).

Now if you type in Terminal:

kextload -b com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageClass

So now the appropriate kext would load and everything would work.

(credits to TheG33K:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=532849 )

So after looking for a way to create an applescript or shell commands that would run at startup, I found little overwhelming for this rookie. I could not manage to run the command in the above link with script. Then I came across this little app, Lingon, from Peter Borg

http://lingon.sourceforge.net/

Install this

click new script/user daemon

Box 1: Name it as something (eg. USBstarter)

Box 2: put the required command or app; in this case:

kextload -b com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageClass

Box 3: select the second option "run it when it is loaded by the system at startup or login"

Check the box next to "Enable" (right top corner)

Hit Save. It will recommend restart. Restart and enjoy USB mounting all the time with Shutdown/restart/sleep (with S3) all well. :)

[i have seen that if I clean out kernel and other caches etc using a system utility like Cocktail , the plist (or in other words, kext won't load). It needs double reboot to get it loaded again. But after that, it will get loaded everytime. If for some reason, it still does not work, open lingon again, uncheck "Enable" and check it back again and hit save. Now it should load. I am not sure why this is so, since the USBstarter.plist is always present in the /Library/LaunchDaemons folder]

It should solve many other USB problems also. Please do post your USB problems and solutions you have come across.

-----

I have went through the whole thing. I've manually put the iousbemass kext in the iousbefamily plugs ins, that did't work. I checked my system kext and kernel many many times, both are matching 9.2.0. I decided to use the install package, first with the singular system.kext update, and then with the kabyl kernel to match my nforce chipset(this caused it to not boot anymore) so i restored from time machine. I've installed lingon and set the launch daemons, i set the ioumassusbmassstorage line, and the one to load appleusbuhci, because those two weren't being loaded on there on. This worked on the first reboot, but then thats it. Even after 3 consecutive reboots it still doesn't load right. I deleted the kext mentioned, and the cache file(i didnt have com.apple.info.kext( i think thats what oyu said it iwas) so i just deleted all of them. they still got reloaded) This actually worked once as well, but then never again.. and i did use the -v -f boot, infact i use that about 70% of the time..... i'm at an end...

I can post what ever information you need, just let me know.. the fact that it loads atleast once means it will work. I haven't used the PCGENusb2 kext, but form what everyone says it wouldn't matter much anyhow. I am a noob, i've been at this for about 6 months, this is my second computer and i just introduced my friend to osx86, and we've been working on his laptop. anyways..

Anyways replys would be very great, even if its to tell me i'm SOL.

I have went through the whole thing. I've manually put the iousbemass kext in the iousbefamily plugs ins, that did't work. I checked my system kext and kernel many many times, both are matching 9.2.0. I decided to use the install package, first with the singular system.kext update, and then with the kabyl kernel to match my nforce chipset(this caused it to not boot anymore) so i restored from time machine. I've installed lingon and set the launch daemons, i set the ioumassusbmassstorage line, and the one to load appleusbuhci, because those two weren't being loaded on there on. This worked on the first reboot, but then thats it. Even after 3 consecutive reboots it still doesn't load right. I deleted the kext mentioned, and the cache file(i didnt have com.apple.info.kext( i think thats what oyu said it iwas) so i just deleted all of them. they still got reloaded) This actually worked once as well, but then never again.. and i did use the -v -f boot, infact i use that about 70% of the time..... i'm at an end...

I can post what ever information you need, just let me know.. the fact that it loads atleast once means it will work. I haven't used the PCGENusb2 kext, but form what everyone says it wouldn't matter much anyhow. I am a noob, i've been at this for about 6 months, this is my second computer and i just introduced my friend to osx86, and we've been working on his laptop. anyways..

Anyways replys would be very great, even if its to tell me i'm SOL.

Here's the boot up log output.. well most of it...:

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: MAC Framework successfully initialized

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: using 15728 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: IOAPIC: Version 0x11 Vectors 64:87

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: mbinit: done

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: Security auditing service present

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: BSM auditing present

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: From path: "uuid",

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: Waiting for boot volume with UUID F7458E91-6408-3131-99E5-CE8548055571

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: found 1 units.

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce MCP 61 by MeDevil (CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ 14, BM 0xfff0)

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 56. 63 Attempting to get EHCI Controller from BIOS

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 56. 65 USBLEGCTLSTS value c0082005

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 56. 67 Found USBLEGSUP_ID - value 0x10001 - writing OSOwned

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 56. 80 acquireOSOwnership done - value 0x1000001

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: sata phy reset done.

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: found 1 units.

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce MCP 61 Serial ATA by MeDevil (CMD 0xdd80, CTR 0xdd00, IRQ 23, BM 0xdb00)

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 56.191 AppleUSBEHCI[0x5931000]::UIMInitialize - could not get chip to halt within 100 ms

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 56.193 AppleUSBEHCI[0x5931000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002c9)

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@180000/AppleACPIPCI/ATA0@8/AppleNForceATARoot/PRI0@0/AppleNForceATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/ST3250310AS ST3250310AS/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1AppleNForceATA: warning: phy connection failed. status=0x00000000

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: BSD root: disk0s1, major 14, minor 1

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 56.303 AppleUSBEHCI[0x5931000]::UIMFinalize - could not get chip to halt within 100 ms

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 56.305 AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: AppleVIAATADriver: VIA 8237 SATA (CMD 0xee80, CTR 0xee00, IRQ 19, BM 0xed88)

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: Jettisoning kernel linker.

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 61. 18 AppleUSBOHCI[0x5a6c800]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: Resetting IOCatalogue.

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=20[mds] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=22[loginwindow] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost rpc.statd[17]: statd.notify - no notifications needed

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost bootlog[35]: BOOT_TIME: 1236237381 0

Mar 5 01:16:28 localhost kernel[0]: Matching service count = 1

Mar 5 01:16:29: --- last message repeated 4 times ---

Mar 5 01:16:29 localhost fseventsd[26]: bumping event counter to: 0xeb3bba (current 0x0) from log file '0000000000000533'

Mar 5 01:16:29 localhost DirectoryService[31]: Launched version 5.4 (v514.21)

Mar 5 01:16:29 localhost /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow[22]: Login Window Application Started

Mar 5 01:16:29 localhost kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=33[configd] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:16:29 localhost kernel[0]: Apple16X50ACPI1: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=UAR1

Mar 5 01:16:29 localhost kernel[0]: Apple16X50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200

Mar 5 01:16:29 localhost kernel[0]: nForceLAN: found nVidia MCP61 Ethernet Controller device 10de:03ef with flags 0x0001754b

Mar 5 01:16:29 localhost kernel[0]: nForceLAN: Version 0.62.12 starting

Mar 5 01:16:29 localhost kernel[0]: nForceLAN: found nForce LAN with MAC: 00:21:85:FC:08:11.

Mar 5 01:16:30 localhost kernel[0]: ALCinject: Starting.

Mar 5 01:16:30 localhost kernel[0]: ALCinject: Setting built-in=<data not shown>

Mar 5 01:16:30 localhost kernel[0]: ALCinject: Setting layout-id=<data not shown>

Mar 5 01:16:30 localhost ntpdate[60]: can't find host time.apple.com

Mar 5 01:16:30 localhost org.ntp.ntpd[14]: Error : nodename nor servname provided, or not known

Mar 5 01:16:30 localhost ntpdate[60]: no servers can be used, exiting

Mar 5 01:16:30 localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[63]: starting

Mar 5 01:16:30 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=66[ATSServer] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:16:30 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 configd[33]: setting hostname to "lucas-whiteheads-macpro31.local"

Mar 5 01:16:30 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: dsmos: Initializing...

Mar 5 01:16:30 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 mDNSResponder mDNSResponder-171.4 (Apr 20 2008 11:59:52)[21]: starting

Mar 5 01:16:30 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: dsmos: Hook and decryption contexts set!

Mar 5 01:16:30 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: dsmos: Starting...

Mar 5 01:16:32 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: NTFS driver 2.1 [Flags: R/O].

Mar 5 01:16:32 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: NTFS volume name Windows, version 3.1.

Mar 5 01:16:32 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=96[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:16:32 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: NTFS volume name , version 3.1.

Mar 5 01:16:34 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: NTFS volume name New Volume, version 3.1.

Mar 5 01:16:35 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: NTFS volume name , version 3.1.

Mar 5 01:16:36 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: NTFS volume name SWAP, version 3.1.

Mar 5 01:16:52 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=115[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:16:53 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

Mar 5 01:16:57 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=116[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:17:07 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=117[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:17:09 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kextd[10]: IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out waiting to write kernel symbols

Mar 5 01:17:17 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=118[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:17:19 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kextd[10]: writing kernel link data to /var/run/mach.sym

Mar 5 01:17:23 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

Mar 5 01:17:23 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: nForceLAN: Ethernet address 00:21:85:fc:08:11

Mar 5 01:17:23 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: nForceLAN(en0): Network link down.

Mar 5 01:17:23 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: nForceLAN(en0): Link speed now 100Mbps(duplex = Full, flow control = No), code 0x10064.

Mar 5 01:17:25 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 loginwindow[22]: Login Window Started Security Agent

Mar 5 01:17:25 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 authorizationhost[127]: MechanismInvoke 0x12b6f0 retainCount 2

Mar 5 01:17:25 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 SecurityAgent[128]: MechanismInvoke 0x2401600 retainCount 1

Mar 5 01:17:25 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 loginwindow[22]: Login Window - Returned from Security Agent

Mar 5 01:17:25 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 SecurityAgent[128]: MechanismDestroy 0x2401600 retainCount 1

Mar 5 01:17:25 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 authorizationhost[127]: MechanismDestroy 0x12b6f0 retainCount 2

Mar 5 01:17:25 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 loginwindow[22]: USER_PROCESS: 22 console

Mar 5 01:17:25 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.UserEventAgent-LoginWindow[123]): Exited: Terminated

Mar 5 01:17:26 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=137[Dock] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:17:27 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=140[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:17:27 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=141[systemUIServer] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:17:27 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=142[ATSServer] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:17:27 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=143[Finder] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:17:30 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 /System/Library/CoreServices/coreservicesd[43]: SFLSharePointsEntry::CreateDSRecord: dsCreateRecordAndOpen(Lucas Whitehead's Public Folder) returned -14135

Mar 5 01:17:34 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=152[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:17:34 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder[143]: installAutoFSMonitor: open failed

Mar 5 01:17:50 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=190[ATSServer] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:18:04 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=205[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:18:14 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=209[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:18:14 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=210[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:18:14 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 mDNSResponder[21]: mDNSPlatformRawTime: last_mach_absolute_time 7B159F5E00000027

Mar 5 01:18:14 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 mDNSResponder[21]: mDNSPlatformRawTime: this_mach_absolute_time 7B15657300000027

Mar 5 01:18:24 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=211[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:18:26 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=212[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:18:27 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 login[214]: USER_PROCESS: 214 ttys000

Mar 5 01:18:34 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=224[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:18:36 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=225[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:18:46 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=226[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:19:14 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 PubSubAgent[233]: SQL Error: SQLITE_CANTOPEN[14.0]: Database file not found

Mar 5 01:19:15 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=236[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:19:15 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 SyncServer[235]: failed to autoregister client description /System/Library/CoreServices/PreferenceSyncClient.app/Contents/Resources/PreferenceSyncClientDescription.plist: failed to register client because: client named com.apple.PreferenceSync wants to sync unrecognized entity named: com.apple.preferences.Preference

Mar 5 01:19:32 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=238[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:19:39 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=239[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:19:49 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=241[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:19:59 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=242[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:20:12 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 login[214]: DEAD_PROCESS: 214 ttys000

Mar 5 01:20:14 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=243[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:20:14 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 login[244]: USER_PROCESS: 244 ttys000

Mar 5 01:20:35 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=256[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:20:45 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=259[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:20:47 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=261[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:20:49 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=262[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:20:57 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=265[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:23:05 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: System Doze

Mar 5 01:23:25 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: nForceLAN(en0): Network link down.

Mar 5 01:23:26 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: nForceLAN(en0): Link speed now 100Mbps(duplex = Full, flow control = No), code 0x10064.

Mar 5 01:23:22 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 mDNSResponder[21]: mDNSPlatformRawTime: last_mach_absolute_time 22F690DB0000006F

Mar 5 01:23:22 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 mDNSResponder[21]: mDNSPlatformRawTime: this_mach_absolute_time 22F64BBC0000006F

Mar 5 01:23:26 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 mDNSResponder[21]: mDNSPlatformRawTime: last_mach_absolute_time 0861B36900000070

Mar 5 01:23:26 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 mDNSResponder[21]: mDNSPlatformRawTime: this_mach_absolute_time 0861297700000070

Mar 5 01:23:49 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 sudo[287]: LucasWhitehead : TTY=ttys000 ; PWD=/Users/LucasWhitehead ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/sbin/kextload -b com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageClass

Mar 5 01:24:23 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 login[244]: DEAD_PROCESS: 244 ttys000

Mar 5 01:24:24 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 loginwindow[22]: DEAD_PROCESS: 0 console

Mar 5 01:24:24 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 shutdown[289]: reboot by LucasWhitehead:

Mar 5 01:24:24 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 shutdown[289]: SHUTDOWN_TIME: 1236237864 198474

Mar 5 01:24:24 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.loginwindow[22]: Shutdown NOW!

Mar 5 01:24:24 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.loginwindow[22]: System shutdown time has arrived^G^G

Mar 5 01:24:24 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 mDNSResponder mDNSResponder-171.4 (Apr 20 2008 11:59:52)[21]: stopping

Mar 5 01:24:24 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 mDNSResponder[21]: Note: Frequent transitions for interface en0 (192.168.2.3); network traffic reduction measures in effect

Mar 5 01:25:38 localhost kernel[0]: npvhash=4095

Mar 5 01:25:38 localhost com.apple.launchctl.System[2]: launchctl: Please convert the following to launchd: /etc/mach_init.d/dashboardadvisoryd.plist

Mar 5 01:25:38 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (org.cups.cupsd): Unknown key: SHAuthorizationRight

Mar 5 01:25:38 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (org.ntp.ntpd): Unknown key: SHAuthorizationRight

Mar 5 01:25:38 localhost kextd[10]: 0 cached, 404 uncached personalities to catalog

Mar 5 01:25:38 localhost kernel[0]: hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000

Mar 5 01:25:38 localhost kernel[0]: PAE enabled

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: non-INTEL boot process

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:35:29 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: vm_page_bootstrap: 756261 free pages and 30171 wired pages

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: mig_table_max_displ = 79

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: HTT: 2 cores per package; 2 logical cpus per package

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: Local APIC version not 0x14 as expected

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: Skipping duplicate extension "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelPIIXATA" with older/same version (2.0.0 -> 2.0.0).

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: Skipping duplicate extension "com.apple.driver.AppleGenericPCATA" with older/same version (1.3 -> 1.3).

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: Skipping duplicate extension "com.apple.driver.AppleOnboardPCATA" with older/same version (1.0.0d1 -> 1.0.0d1).

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=1 LocalApicId=0 Enabled

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=2 LocalApicId=1 Enabled

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=3 LocalApicId=130 Disabled

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=4 LocalApicId=131 Disabled

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: Loading security extension com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: Loading security extension com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall

Mar 5 01:25:39 localhost kernel[0]: Loading security extension com.apple.security.seatbelt

Mar 5 01:25:40 localhost kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for mb

Mar 5 01:25:40 localhost kernel[0]: Seatbelt MACF policy initialized

Mar 5 01:25:40 localhost kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Seatbelt Policy (mb)

Mar 5 01:25:40 localhost kernel[0]: Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993

Mar 5 01:25:40 localhost kernel[0]: The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.

Mar 5 01:25:40 localhost kernel[0]: MAC Framework successfully initialized

Mar 5 01:25:40 localhost kernel[0]: using 15728 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

Mar 5 01:25:40 localhost kernel[0]: IOAPIC: Version 0x11 Vectors 64:87

Mar 5 01:25:40 localhost kernel[0]: ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

Mar 5 01:25:40 localhost kernel[0]: Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Mar 5 01:25:40 localhost kernel[0]: Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Mar 5 01:25:40: --- last message repeated 1 time ---

Mar 5 01:25:40 localhost kernel[0]: mbinit: done

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: Security auditing service present

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: BSM auditing present

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: From path: "uuid",

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: Waiting for boot volume with UUID F7458E91-6408-3131-99E5-CE8548055571

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: found 1 units.

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce MCP 61 by MeDevil (CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ 14, BM 0xfff0)

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 36.726 Attempting to get EHCI Controller from BIOS

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 36.726 USBLEGCTLSTS value c0082005

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 36.726 Found USBLEGSUP_ID - value 0x10001 - writing OSOwned

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: sata phy reset done.

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 36.738 acquireOSOwnership done - value 0x1000001

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: found 1 units.

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce MCP 61 Serial ATA by MeDevil (CMD 0xdd80, CTR 0xdd00, IRQ 23, BM 0xdb00)

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: warning: phy connection failed. status=0x00000000

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 36.861 AppleUSBEHCI[0x4c05000]::UIMInitialize - could not get chip to halt within 100 ms

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 36.861 AppleUSBEHCI[0x4c05000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002c9)

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@180000/AppleACPIPCI/ATA0@8/AppleNForceATARoot/PRI0@0/AppleNForceATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/ST3250310AS ST3250310AS/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: BSD root: disk0s1, major 14, minor 1

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 36.963 AppleUSBEHCI[0x4c05000]::UIMFinalize - could not get chip to halt within 100 ms

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 36.963 AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleVIAATADriver: VIA 8237 SATA (CMD 0xee80, CTR 0xee00, IRQ 19, BM 0xed88)

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: Jettisoning kernel linker.

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: Resetting IOCatalogue.

Mar 5 01:25:41 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 41.706 AppleUSBOHCI[0x4c05800]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

Mar 5 01:25:44 localhost kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=22[loginwindow] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:25:45 localhost kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=20[mds] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:25:45 localhost kernel[0]: Matching service count = 1

Mar 5 01:25:45: --- last message repeated 4 times ---

Mar 5 01:25:45 localhost bootlog[35]: BOOT_TIME: 1236237935 0

Mar 5 01:25:45 localhost rpc.statd[17]: statd.notify - no notifications needed

Mar 5 01:25:46 localhost fseventsd[26]: bumping event counter to: 0xeb5cdc (current 0x0) from log file '0000000000eb3cc4'

Mar 5 01:25:47 localhost DirectoryService[31]: Launched version 5.4 (v514.21)

Mar 5 01:25:47 localhost kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=33[configd] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:25:47 localhost /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow[22]: Login Window Application Started

Mar 5 01:25:48 localhost kernel[0]: Apple16X50ACPI1: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=UAR1

Mar 5 01:25:48 localhost kernel[0]: Apple16X50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200

Mar 5 01:25:48 localhost kernel[0]: nForceLAN: found nVidia MCP61 Ethernet Controller device 10de:03ef with flags 0x0001754b

Mar 5 01:25:49 localhost kernel[0]: nForceLAN: Version 0.62.12 starting

Mar 5 01:25:49 localhost kernel[0]: nForceLAN: found nForce LAN with MAC: 00:21:85:FC:08:11.

Mar 5 01:25:50 localhost kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=61[ATSServer] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:25:50 localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[62]: starting

Mar 5 01:25:50 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 org.ntp.ntpd[14]: Error : nodename nor servname provided, or not known

Mar 5 01:25:50 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 ntpdate[59]: can't find host time.apple.com

Mar 5 01:25:50 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 configd[33]: setting hostname to "lucas-whiteheads-macpro31.local"

Mar 5 01:25:50 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 ntpdate[59]: no servers can be used, exiting

Mar 5 01:25:50 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 mDNSResponder mDNSResponder-171.4 (Apr 20 2008 11:59:52)[21]: starting

Mar 5 01:25:51 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: ALCinject: Starting.

Mar 5 01:25:51 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: ALCinject: Setting built-in=<data not shown>

Mar 5 01:25:52 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: ALCinject: Setting layout-id=<data not shown>

Mar 5 01:25:52 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[38]: kextload: /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext loaded successfully

Mar 5 01:25:52 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 1 seconds

Mar 5 01:25:52 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: dsmos: Initializing...

Mar 5 01:25:52 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: dsmos: Hook and decryption contexts set!

Mar 5 01:25:52 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: dsmos: Starting...

Mar 5 01:25:52 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: nForceLAN: Ethernet address 00:21:85:fc:08:11

Mar 5 01:25:52 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: nForceLAN(en0): Network link down.

Mar 5 01:25:53 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: nForceLAN(en0): Link speed now 100Mbps(duplex = Full, flow control = No), code 0x10064.

Mar 5 01:25:53 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 1 seconds

Mar 5 01:25:53 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[101]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 01:25:53 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 01:25:54 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: NTFS driver 2.1 [Flags: R/O].

Mar 5 01:25:54 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: NTFS volume name Windows, version 3.1.

Mar 5 01:25:54 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 01:25:54 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: NTFS volume name New Volume, version 3.1.

Mar 5 01:25:55 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 9 seconds

Mar 5 01:25:58 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: NTFS volume name , version 3.1.

Mar 5 01:25:58 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 5 seconds

Mar 5 01:26:00: --- last message repeated 1 time ---

Mar 5 01:26:00 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: NTFS volume name , version 3.1.

Mar 5 01:26:00 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 4 seconds

Mar 5 01:26:01 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: NTFS volume name SWAP, version 3.1.

Mar 5 01:26:01 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=112[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:26:03 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=118[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:26:03 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[119]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 01:26:03 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 01:26:07 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

Mar 5 01:26:14 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[121]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 01:26:14 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 01:26:24 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[122]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 01:26:24 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 01:26:25 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kextd[10]: IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out waiting to write kernel symbols

Mar 5 01:26:34 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[123]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 01:26:34 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 01:26:35 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kextd[10]: writing kernel link data to /var/run/mach.sym

Mar 5 01:26:37 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

Mar 5 01:26:38 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 loginwindow[22]: Login Window Started Security Agent

Mar 5 01:26:40 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 authorizationhost[131]: MechanismInvoke 0x12b6f0 retainCount 2

Mar 5 01:26:40 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 SecurityAgent[132]: MechanismInvoke 0x2401600 retainCount 1

Mar 5 01:26:40 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 SecurityAgent[132]: MechanismDestroy 0x2401600 retainCount 1

Mar 5 01:26:40 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 loginwindow[22]: Login Window - Returned from Security Agent

Mar 5 01:26:40 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 authorizationhost[131]: MechanismDestroy 0x12b6f0 retainCount 2

Mar 5 01:26:40 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 loginwindow[22]: USER_PROCESS: 22 console

Mar 5 01:26:40 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.UserEventAgent-LoginWindow[128]): Exited: Terminated

Mar 5 01:26:42 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=142[Dock] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:26:42 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=144[systemUIServer] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:26:42 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=145[Finder] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:26:42 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=146[ATSServer] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:26:44 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[149]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 01:26:44 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 01:26:45 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 /System/Library/CoreServices/coreservicesd[47]: SFLSharePointsEntry::CreateDSRecord: dsCreateRecordAndOpen(Lucas Whitehead's Public Folder) returned -14135

Mar 5 01:26:49 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=151[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:26:49 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder[145]: installAutoFSMonitor: open failed

Mar 5 01:26:54 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[157]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 01:26:54 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 01:26:59 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=158[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 01:27:04 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[159]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 01:27:04 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 01:27:14 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[160]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 01:27:14 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 01:27:24 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[161]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 01:27:24 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 01:27:34 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[162]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 01:27:34 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 01:27:44 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[163]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 01:27:44 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 01:27:55 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[164]: kextload: /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext loaded successfully

Mar 5 01:27:55 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 01:28:05 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[165]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 01:28:05 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 01:28:15 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[166]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 01:28:15 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 01:28:19 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 loginwindow[22]: DEAD_PROCESS: 0 console

Mar 5 01:28:19 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 shutdown[168]: reboot by LucasWhitehead:

Mar 5 01:28:19 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 shutdown[168]: SHUTDOWN_TIME: 1236238099 621274

Mar 5 01:28:19 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.loginwindow[22]: Shutdown NOW!

Mar 5 01:28:19 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.loginwindow[22]: System shutdown time has arrived^G^G

Mar 5 01:28:19 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 mDNSResponder mDNSResponder-171.4 (Apr 20 2008 11:59:52)[21]: stopping

it also shows the shut down process i think too.. hopefully this helps.

Here's output for when it worked, yes it works occasionally...

Mar 5 21:31:48 localhost kernel[0]: Loading security extension com.apple.security.seatbelt

Mar 5 21:31:48 localhost kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for mb

Mar 5 21:31:48 localhost kernel[0]: Seatbelt MACF policy initialized

Mar 5 21:31:48 localhost kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Seatbelt Policy (mb)

Mar 5 21:31:48 localhost kernel[0]: Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993

Mar 5 21:31:48 localhost kernel[0]: The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.

Mar 5 21:31:48 localhost kernel[0]: MAC Framework successfully initialized

Mar 5 21:31:48 localhost kernel[0]: using 15728 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

Mar 5 21:31:48 localhost kernel[0]: IOAPIC: Version 0x11 Vectors 64:87

Mar 5 21:31:48 localhost kernel[0]: ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: mbinit: done

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: Security auditing service present

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: BSM auditing present

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: From path: "uuid",

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: Waiting for boot volume with UUID F7458E91-6408-3131-99E5-CE8548055571

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: found 1 units.

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce MCP 61 by MeDevil (CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ 14, BM 0xfff0)

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: sata phy reset done.

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 43.883 Attempting to get EHCI Controller from BIOS

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 43.883 USBLEGCTLSTS value c00a2005

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 43.883 Found USBLEGSUP_ID - value 0x10001 - writing OSOwned

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: found 1 units.

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 44.511 acquireOSOwnership done - value 0x1000001

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce MCP 61 Serial ATA by MeDevil (CMD 0xdd80, CTR 0xdd00, IRQ 23, BM 0xdb00)

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 44.801 AppleUSBOHCI[0x4c6e800]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: AppleVIAATADriver: VIA 8237 SATA (CMD 0xee80, CTR 0xee00, IRQ 19, BM 0xed88)

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: warning: phy connection failed. status=0x00000000

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@180000/AppleACPIPCI/ATA0@8/AppleNForceATARoot/PRI0@0/AppleNForceATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/ST3250310AS ST3250310AS/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: BSD root: disk1s1, major 14, minor 5

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: Extension "com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver" has no explicit kernel dependency; using version 6.0.

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: Jettisoning kernel linker.

Mar 5 21:31:49 localhost kernel[0]: Resetting IOCatalogue.

Mar 5 21:31:51 localhost kernel[0]: Matching service count = 1

Mar 5 21:31:51: --- last message repeated 4 times ---

Mar 5 21:31:51 localhost kernel[0]: Apple16X50ACPI1: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=UAR1

Mar 5 21:31:51 localhost kernel[0]: Apple16X50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200

Mar 5 21:31:52 localhost kernel[0]: nForceLAN: found nVidia MCP61 Ethernet Controller device 10de:03ef with flags 0x0001754b

Mar 5 21:31:52 localhost kernel[0]: nForceLAN: Version 0.62.12 starting

Mar 5 21:31:52 localhost kernel[0]: nForceLAN: found nForce LAN with MAC: 00:21:85:FC:08:11.

Mar 5 21:31:52 localhost kernel[0]: ALCinject: Starting.

Mar 5 21:31:52 localhost kernel[0]: ALCinject: Setting built-in=<data not shown>

Mar 5 21:31:52 localhost kernel[0]: ALCinject: Setting layout-id=<data not shown>

Mar 5 21:31:52 localhost kernel[0]: dsmos: Initializing...

Mar 5 21:31:52 localhost kernel[0]: dsmos: Hook and decryption contexts set!

Mar 5 21:31:52 localhost kernel[0]: dsmos: Starting...

Mar 5 21:31:53 localhost kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=35[mds] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 21:31:53 localhost kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=37[loginwindow] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 21:31:53 localhost rpc.statd[32]: statd.notify - no notifications needed

Mar 5 21:31:53 localhost bootlog[50]: BOOT_TIME: 1236310304 0

Mar 5 21:31:53 localhost DirectoryService[46]: Launched version 5.4 (v514.21)

Mar 5 21:31:53 localhost Uloader[53]: kextload serialization lock busy; sleeping (89 retries left)

Mar 5 21:31:53 localhost fseventsd[41]: bumping event counter to: 0x1045d41 (current 0x0) from log file '0000000001044c59'

Mar 5 21:31:53 localhost /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow[37]: Login Window Application Started

Mar 5 21:31:54 localhost kernel[0]: nForceLAN: Ethernet address 00:21:85:fc:08:11

Mar 5 21:31:54 localhost kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=48[configd] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 21:31:54 localhost Uloader[53]: kextload serialization lock busy; sleeping (88 retries left)

Mar 5 21:31:54 localhost /System/Library/CoreServices/coreservicesd[59]: Folder Manager is being asked to create a folder (cach) while running as uid 0

Mar 5 21:31:54 localhost StartUSB[54]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 21:31:54 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 9 seconds

Mar 5 21:31:55 localhost kernel[0]: nForceLAN(en0): Network link down.

Mar 5 21:31:55 localhost kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=71[ATSServer] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 21:31:55 localhost kernel[0]: nForceLAN(en0): Link speed now 100Mbps(duplex = Full, flow control = No), code 0x10064.

Mar 5 21:31:55 localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[72]: starting

Mar 5 21:31:55 localhost Uloader[53]: kextload: /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBUHCI.kext loaded successfully

Mar 5 21:31:55 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (Uloader): Throttling respawn: Will start in 8 seconds

Mar 5 21:31:55 localhost mDNSResponder mDNSResponder-171.4 (Apr 20 2008 11:59:52)[36]: starting

Mar 5 21:31:55 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 configd[48]: setting hostname to "lucas-whiteheads-macpro31.local"

Mar 5 21:31:56 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (Uloader): Throttling respawn: Will start in 8 seconds

Mar 5 21:31:56 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 8 seconds

Mar 5 21:31:56 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=99[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 21:31:56 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (Uloader): Throttling respawn: Will start in 7 seconds

Mar 5 21:31:56 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 7 seconds

Mar 5 21:31:57 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (Uloader): Throttling respawn: Will start in 6 seconds

Mar 5 21:31:57 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 6 seconds

Mar 5 21:31:58 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: NTFS driver 2.1 [Flags: R/O].

Mar 5 21:31:58 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (Uloader): Throttling respawn: Will start in 5 seconds

Mar 5 21:31:58 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 5 seconds

Mar 5 21:31:59 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: NTFS volume name New Volume, version 3.1.

Mar 5 21:31:59 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: NTFS volume name Windows, version 3.1.

Mar 5 21:32:01 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (Uloader): Throttling respawn: Will start in 2 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:01 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 2 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:02 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: NTFS volume name , version 3.1.

Mar 5 21:32:03 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (Uloader): Throttling respawn: Will start in 1 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:03 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 1 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:03 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: NTFS volume name , version 3.1.

Mar 5 21:32:03 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 Uloader[123]: kextload serialization lock busy; sleeping (89 retries left)

Mar 5 21:32:03 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[124]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 21:32:03 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:04: --- last message repeated 2 times ---

Mar 5 21:32:04 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: NTFS volume name SWAP, version 3.1.

Mar 5 21:32:04 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 Uloader[123]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBUHCI.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 21:32:05 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (Uloader): Throttling respawn: Will start in 9 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:10 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=129[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 21:32:10 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=130[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 21:32:11 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=131[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 21:32:14 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 Uloader[132]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBUHCI.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 21:32:14 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (Uloader): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:14 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[133]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 21:32:14 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:16 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

Mar 5 21:32:24 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 Uloader[135]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBUHCI.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 21:32:24 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (Uloader): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:24 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[136]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 21:32:24 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:31 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kextd[10]: IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out waiting to write kernel symbols

Mar 5 21:32:34 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 Uloader[137]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBUHCI.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 21:32:34 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (Uloader): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:34 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[138]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 21:32:34 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:41 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kextd[10]: writing kernel link data to /var/run/mach.sym

Mar 5 21:32:44 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 Uloader[139]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBUHCI.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 21:32:44 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (Uloader): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:44 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[140]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 21:32:44 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:47 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

Mar 5 21:32:49 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 loginwindow[37]: Login Window Started Security Agent

Mar 5 21:32:50 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 authorizationhost[153]: MechanismInvoke 0x12b6f0 retainCount 2

Mar 5 21:32:50 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 SecurityAgent[154]: MechanismInvoke 0x2401600 retainCount 1

Mar 5 21:32:50 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 SecurityAgent[154]: MechanismDestroy 0x2401600 retainCount 1

Mar 5 21:32:50 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 loginwindow[37]: Login Window - Returned from Security Agent

Mar 5 21:32:50 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 authorizationhost[153]: MechanismDestroy 0x12b6f0 retainCount 2

Mar 5 21:32:50 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 loginwindow[37]: USER_PROCESS: 37 console

Mar 5 21:32:50 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.UserEventAgent-LoginWindow[150]): Exited: Terminated

Mar 5 21:32:50 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=163[Dock] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 21:32:52 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=166[systemUIServer] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 21:32:52 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=168[ATSServer] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 21:32:52 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=167[Finder] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 21:32:53 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 /System/Library/CoreServices/coreservicesd[59]: SFLSharePointsEntry::CreateDSRecord: dsCreateRecordAndOpen(Lucas Whitehead's Public Folder) returned -14135

Mar 5 21:32:54 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 Uloader[184]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBUHCI.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 21:32:54 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (Uloader): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:54 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[185]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 21:32:54 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:54 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 KernelEventAgent[38]: tid 00000000 received VQ_LOWDISK event (4)

Mar 5 21:32:54 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (Uloader): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:54 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:55 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (Uloader): Throttling respawn: Will start in 9 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:55 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 9 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:55 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 fseventsd[41]: log dir: /Volumes/VOLUME3/.fseventsd getting new uuid: 1A58F70A-1702-4371-9D07-C25A8DCBDFEA

Mar 5 21:32:56 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=189[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 21:32:56 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: NTFS volume name Programs, version 3.1.

Mar 5 21:32:56 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=190[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 21:32:56 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (Uloader): Throttling respawn: Will start in 8 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:56 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 8 seconds

Mar 5 21:32:57 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder[167]: installAutoFSMonitor: open failed

Mar 5 21:33:04 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 Uloader[201]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBUHCI.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 21:33:04 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (Uloader): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 21:33:04 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 StartUSB[202]: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is already loaded

Mar 5 21:33:04 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[1] (StartUSB): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Mar 5 21:33:05 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=203[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Mar 5 21:33:12 lucas-whiteheads-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page:

I finally made some headway in my situation. After posting on here a few times with no reply, i was left to start trying things.

Eventually i disabled USB legacy support in CMOS setup, and guess what.. THIS worked. I've rebooted three times with successful usb loading...

Unfortunately, when i turned off USB legacy support, it also turned off the ability to use the keyboard during Darwin boot...

The one thing I haven't tried is the PCGENUSB2.kext, since it forces the BIOS to release the usb info, i think this is what i need.

CAN someone please upload this kext so i can try it in my installation?

I've tried everything you've listed, and i've read through each post to see if i found my answer. On my setup, I have to turn off Legacy USB in my CMOS in order to get my USB to load right every time.

THe usb is great, but turning off Legacy USB also stops the bios from loading the keyboard during the darwin boot, which means i can't select which OS to boot into.

By the way, thanks for everything you've done on this subject.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Firstly let me say, thanks for the mine of knowledge in this thread, however I've got a bit of an odd prob which doesn't directly (at least to me) seem to be related to the other posters, so I thought I'd ask about my problem.

I've installed iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6), this worked great, and I didn't have any problems, even my SB Audigy worked (which is nearly always a trouble maker in linux etc), brilliant I thought, and powered down (eventually) for a good night's sleep.

However when powering up the day after I installed, the USB didn't work?

The keyboard and mouse are plugged through a belkin hub, the keyboard worked correctly to let me select "OS X" from the boot menu in GRUB, but when booting into windows, the mouse didn't work?

I unplugged the mouse and plugged it back into the hub, no good (keyboard also dead), I unplugged the hub and plugged it back in, no good (the green activity lights die and don't come back on when re-plugged in).

I plugged the mouse directly into the mobo (through the front panel), this was recognised and worked, so I was able to bring up console log and dig out the following:

Mar 17 07:18:03 localhost kernel[0]: USBF:	0.654	AppleUSBEHCI[0x392d800]: unable to obtain ownership: 0xe00002be
Mar 17 07:18:03 localhost kernel[0]: USBF:	0.654	AppleUSBEHCI[0x392d800]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)
Mar 17 07:18:03 localhost kernel[0]: USBF:	0.656	AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM
Mar 17 07:18:03 localhost kernel[0]: USBF:	0.720	EHCI controller unable to take control from BIOS
Mar 17 07:18:03 localhost kernel[0]: USBF:	0.720	AppleUSBEHCI[0x37a9000]: unable to obtain ownership: 0xe00002be
Mar 17 07:18:03 localhost kernel[0]: USBF:	0.720	AppleUSBEHCI[0x37a9000]::UIMInitialize - Error

The lack of keyboard meant I couldn't do much more, so I rebooted, crossing my fingers, the second time it all miraculously worked! ;)

Log from the working boot:

Mar 17 07:27:01 localhost kernel[0]: USBF:	0.771	AppleUSBEHCI[0x383a800]: unable to obtain ownership: 0xe00002be
Mar 17 07:27:01 localhost kernel[0]: USBF:	0.771	AppleUSBEHCI[0x383a800]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)
Mar 17 07:27:01 localhost kernel[0]: USBF:	0.773	AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

Oddness in the extreme (although probably a very logical but overlooked (by me) solution), can anyone help?

I'm on a vanila 9.6.0 kernel, I've checked that I don't have the PCGEN usb code installed and that my system.kext matches my kernel version. I don't really want to go adding/removing kexts and tweaking until I know what's up (I've setup my system nicely, and I don't really want to kill it accidentally).

All the listed kexts in this thread are loaded (according to USB prober), it can see my hub and mass storage is working (all on the second boot from cold).

I'm used to digging about in PC's, some linux and tinkering, but pretty new to the underside of OS X, so a little nervous around there and any advice would be welcomed... ;)

Thanks,

Matt

I downloaded the program, installed it and let in run and when it was done, my computer restarted.

After it restarted i checked my kext file and it matched my kernel version so i proceeded to plug my flash drive and it worked.

I am just waiting to try other devices.

Thanks for your solution.

i did follow your advice and found out that my Kernel is 9.6.0 and kext is only 9.2.2 ?

Can i correct this, my usb is acting strange - DVB-stick loses picture after a while and so on...

Kari

• 2 weeks later...
I downloaded the program, installed it and let in run and when it was done, my computer restarted.

After it restarted i checked my kext file and it matched my kernel version so i proceeded to plug my flash drive and it worked.

I am just waiting to try other devices.

Thanks for your solution.

Same here!!!

Thanks for this post I fix my usb problems. Many thanks to the original poster many pages ago.

BeeMeR

Hi all.

I have tryed usb_fix_1.3 but no luck. I get kernel panic. If I install driver for any usb device I get kernel panic too. But I use USB keyboard and mouse.

(My problem in detail.)

What could cause this? What could I do wrong?

Mysticus C*, I'll try your version too. I just saw it.

Edit:

Well, I just did try. No luck. It looks like I have problem elsewhere.

This is what I get:

dscf4413-1.jpg

Any tip is welcome.

I get the same screen here, is there a solution for this?

Please help!

I get the same screen here, is there a solution for this?

Please help!

Your kernel panic relates to AppleNForceATA.......AFAIK your MOBO chipset is NVIDIA nForce3.......check if your nForce 3 vendor/device ID is in this list for MeDevil's AppleNForceATA.kext....

PATA: 0x01bc10de 0x006510de 0x008510de 0x00d510de 0x00e510de 0x003510de 0x005310de 0x026510de 0x036e10de 0x03ec10de

SATA: 0x008e10de 0x00e310de 0x00ee10de 0x003610de 0x003e10de 0x005410de 0x005510de 0x026610de 0x026710de 0x037e10de 0x037f10de 0x03e710de 0x03f610de 0x03f710de 0x045c10de 0x045d10de 0x045e10de 0x045f10de

Know AHCI SATA enabled chipset device+vendor id: 0x044c10de 0x044d10de 0x044e10de 0x044f10d 0x055010de 0x055110de 0x055210de 0x055310de 0x056010de 0x055410de 0x058410de

Know AHCI PATA chipsets device+vendor id: 0x056010de 0x056010de 0x056c10de 0x075910de

If your chipset is in the "Know AHCI SATA enabled chipsets" then you CANNOT USE THIS KEXT!

If your chipset is in the "Know AHCI PATA enabled chipsets" then you can try to use this kext for the pata handling, but this is not tested, so try at your own risk!

I instled iDeneb on my Amilo 2735. After system updates and kernel & cahmeleon update, i got kerenel panic on USB mount. This problem i've got from first system instalation. I try USB mount fix, and IOUSB fix and there is no sucess.

Is anyone have solution for my problem?!?

Thanks.

Is there any solution for this problem?

t453681_Image016.jpgt453680_Image015.jpgt453679_Image014.jpg

t453678_Image011.jpg

2AleksYSC:

I'm experiencing the same problem...

After booting, sometimes my USB mouse works, sometimes not.

Always unoperational if I boot with -v...

All drivers (I think) from Slice have been tried, but I have what I have.

Anyway, I will reinstall iDeneb, since I faced problems with Kernel Protection Failure at 0x00000008 when trying start iWork'09 apps. They just won't start for some unknown for me reason....

If anyone can tell couple words on my issues I would greatly appreciate that.

My hardware is as follows:

HP Compaq 6710s laptop,

Processor: Intel Core2Duo T7100

Chipset: Intel 965GM+ICH8M

RAM: 1 Gb DDR2 667 MHz

HDD: 80 GB SATA

Video: Intel GMA X3100

Audio: AD1981HD

My software is iDeneb v.1.4 (Mac OS 10.5.6), kernel 9.5.0