[HOW TO] ATI Radeon HD 2400 / 2600 / 2900 / 3850 / 3870 on Leopard

mcsmart

560 posts in this topic

Wow!!!

http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?id=...;highlight=3870

"With everyone waiting on them to give the OK for the RV770 arrival, Advanced Micro Devices or simply AMD for friends and foes has announced a new old card based on the RV670 chip. Said to be optimized exclusively for Macs, the Radeon HD 3870 Mac & PC edition features DirectX 10.1 and PCI-Express support, a 256-bit memory interface and comes loaded with 512MB of GDDR4 memory, just like the 'regular' HD 3870."

So, waiting for the official OSX drivers for HD38x0...

I planned that buys Sapphire Radeon HD 3870, it whether perfectly in OSX10.5.3? Thanks Help!

My Sapphire HD3850 works perfectly in Kalyway 10.5.2 (except s-video). AFAIK the only differences beetween 3850 and 3870 are memory type (GDDR3 in 3850 and GDDR4 in 3870) and chip frequency. So, I think your 3870 should work fine.

By the way, why do you plan to use 10.5.3? There are several bugs - problems with Adobe products and something else. I would recommend you to install 10.5.2 instead (or wait for 10.5.4).

Wow!!!

.. has announced a new old card based on the RV670 chip. Said to be optimized exclusively for Macs, the Radeon HD 3870 Mac & PC edition features DirectX 10.1 and PCI-Express support, a 256-bit memory interface and comes loaded with 512MB of GDDR4 memory, just like the 'regular' HD 3870."

So, waiting for the official OSX drivers for HD38x0...

So the kexts we use (radeonx2000) are no real 38XX drivers?

An official support would be nice, as i´m experincing problems

with my 3870.

Hi everybody! Im beginner, but today I installed the kalyway 10.5.2, but I cant find driver (kext) for ATI Radeon HD 3600 series vga. Is there any possibility to use this VGA? Or with this card I cannot use? Thanx for help!

intel dualcore 2 2.66

asus p5k-e mobo

Intel P35

Intel ICH9R

Ati radeon HD 3600 series

I'm nearly done buying parts for my soon-to-be quad-core Hackintosh (reading you guys was priceless). The video card choice has been puzzling me for several months now but the new Radeon 4850 seems unbeatable... but I have to know: will it work in OS X? Are there any drivers, existing or on their way?

Thanks

Hi everybody! Im beginner, but today I installed the kalyway 10.5.2, but I cant find driver (kext) for ATI Radeon HD 3600 series vga. Is there any possibility to use this VGA? Or with this card I cannot use? Thanx for help!

intel dualcore 2 2.66

asus p5k-e mobo

Intel P35

Intel ICH9R

Ati radeon HD 3600 series

I dont mean to sound a little blunt, but maybe you should just get the drivers from the first page of this thread and give them a go. I mean,  your using a fresh install by the sound of it and the worst thing thats going to happen is your going to have to reinstall.... but thats all part of the learning process. 

nope. there is afaik no support jet.

the newest generation of gfx-boards always needs some time to get

supported on osx. same with nvidia 9600.

... the new Radeon 4850 seems unbeatable... but I have to know: will it work in OS X? Are there any drivers, existing or on their way?

Thanks

Howto MSI Radeon 2600XT 512MB

Hardware :

DP35DP intel board

Realtek network card, onboard will not work

installed leo4allv3 10.5.2

steps :

1. installed leo4allv3

Supported Radeon HD cards:

• Radeon HD 2400

• Radeon HD 2600 Pro, Radeon HD 2600 XT

• Radeon HD 2900 Pro, Radeon HD 2900 XT

• Radeon HD 3850

• Radeon HD 3870

• Radeon HD 3870x2

• Other Radeon HD 2x00/38x0 cards might work as well

Step by step guide:

1. Get Natit from here

2. Extract the archive and copy Natit.kext to /System/Library/Extensions

3. Locate ATIRadeonX2000.kext in /System/Library/Extensions, Open /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/Info.plist with the editor of your choice and add the PCI ID of your card (if it is not already in there). Save.

◦ If you have a Radeon 2600 Pro or a Radeon 3850 and 10.5.1 download this (white menu fix)
Extract it and replace the original ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle in /System/Library/Extensions with the one you have just downloaded.

◦ If you have a Radeon 2600 Pro or a Radeon 3850 and 10.5.2 download this (white menu fix)
Extract it and replace the original ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle in /System/Library/Extensions with the one you have just downloaded.

◦ If you have a Radeon 2900 Pro or a Radeon 2900 XT download this
Extract it and copy ATY_Franklin.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/ATINDRV.kext/Contents/PlugIns.

◦ If you have a different chipset skip this step!

4. Open Terminal (if you haven't already done so) and type:
CODE
cd /System/Library/Extensions

5. sudo chown -R root:wheel *

6. sudo chmod -R 755 *

7. sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

8. sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/Caches/com.apple.kext.info

9. You are done. Reboot and pray

Thank you mcsmart for the above explanation :( but....

Tricky part for me where 2 things,

1. Where to find and put pci device id?

, you can find you're id in the 'about this mac" menu, click on the apple logo - more info - graphics/displays there's a line lookin something lik this

Device ID: 0x9588

you have to put this device id in a file called ATIRadeonX2000.kext you can find this in /System/Library/Extensions

2. in case you don't have the file ATIRadeonX2000.kext??

if you don't have the file ATIRadeonX2000.kext first do step 3 untill 9 after restart download graphics update for leopard on the apple site

install it, but don't reboot yet, first locate the file ATIRadeonX2000.kext now you have it :-) and add you're id, then repeat steps 4 - 9

after reboot you're done! 2600XT is now fully working !!! :D

Hi.

I have a laptop Acer 5620G with ATI Mobility HD2400XT.

Try different builds, different methods to install drivers, and some consequences tezhe - graphics card is not working, not working out on the monitor. Without drivers working in a standard permit, while trying to install any of the drivers on the screen or small squares or strips. ;)

Have an asus EAH3850 PCI-E and installing the drivers gives me a black screen after boot. using DVI2VGA converter nothings.

Leo4allV3 10.5.2

Hardware :

Asus M2V-MX SE

AMD 5000 X2

- FSB: 2000 MT/s

- chipset: VIAR K8M890 / VIA VT8237A "not working"

- 2 x Dual Channel DDR2 667/ 533, max. 2 GB,

- PCIe x16, 2x PCI

- Asus EAH3850/G/HTDI/256M "not working"

- Realtek ALC883 6 csatornás "working"

- LAN: 10/100 Mbps "working"

- PS/2, 4 x USB, RJ45, audio I/O,

- 2 x ATA 133/100, 2 x S-ATA, 2 x S-ATA 3Gb/s, 2 x USB,

-RAM :- 2 GB DDR@ 800 MHz

post-251254-1215083615_thumb.jpg

I've installed iATKOS 10.5.1 Leopard on dual boot with vista.

Till here averything fine

When I boot the MAC I can hear some music but the image is garbled

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon 2400 HD Graphic card.

On Vista I could see that the pci ID is 94c9 and vendor id 1002.

I can boot on safemode at least with -x.

There I found ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/Info.plist i found the number 0x94c91002.

This makes me think It should work for my PC. But it seems i need something more.

Can anyone Help!!

PS: During installation or on safe mode(-x) I can use the graphical interface(I can see the screen).

How can I trun off the driver that is loading on Normal Boot.

Im using a Ati 2600 HD pro 512mb pcie Video card but I cannot boot up into the original mac I have to boot up into safe boot ( with the -x command )

Any help it keeps asking me to restart my computer in like 4 different languages.

I was hexediting natit the binnary inside MacOS folder and found 0x94c9 listed as ATI Radeon 2900GT series

While this PCI ID is the same as my Mobility Radeon 2400 HD

Can it be the reason that why it is failing to understand the internal LCD monitor on my notebook?

hello everybody

i've got an assemnled desktop pc with an ati radeon hd2600xt

i don't understand very well this guide becouse i don't know how to get into leopard

i installed 10.5.1 kalyway and it said: installed successfull, ok, then i restart without cd, i tried to boot -v, it begins loading, i see white screen with an apple, then it stops and nothing goes on.. black screen.

what do to? to install driver i understand from guide i have to get into leo.....but i'm not able to do this.

how to install these drivers?could anyone help me?