[HOW TO] ATI Radeon HD 2400 / 2600 / 2900 / 3850 / 3870 on Leopard

mcsmart

560 posts in this topic

Hundred % work for ATI 2600 Pro for my Gigabyte System when perform installation using LEo4all v3. Just select the grahic card driver for ATI 2600 Pro PCI-E during installation phase...

Done..

:D

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 2600

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9589

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays:

Philips 200WS:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

9589 users are out of luck...

No, they are not.

Drumthrasher, I can't believe you are still complaining about this after 8 months. You have been told several times by many people (including me) how to make this work. There are only 2 possible reasons for yours not working. Either you are doing something wrong, or there is something wrong with your card. Either live with it the way it is or get another card.

9589s work fine. I have one - full QE/CI, rotation, dual monitors, everything works. Several folks on this page have shown that it works. Stop saying that

9589 users are out of luck...

No, they are not.

Drumthrasher, I can't believe you are still complaining about this after 8 months. You have been told several times by many people (including me) how to make this work. There are only 2 possible reasons for yours not working. Either you are doing something wrong, or there is something wrong with your card. Either live with it the way it is or get another card.

9589s work fine. I have one - full QE/CI, rotation, dual monitors, everything works. Several folks on this page have shown that it works. Stop saying that

I know I feel weird about always complaining but it just has never worked. I've done all the instructions that everyone has told me, I tried several different installers, its still not working.

I am using Intel Duo2 system and it works fine with ATI 2600 Pro. For drumthrasher's system. it is AMD . Is it this reason causes his failure in installing ATI 2600pro ?

By the way. I have a message from mac asking me to upgrade my firmware of 2600XT each time when I start up the system ( 10.5.2 thru lea4all v3). Should I upgrade it as instructed or ignore it ?

Bit of a newb question here:

I will be using an HD 2600 XT PCI-e card. Will it be possible to boot into the system to install natit using DVI out to a monitor, or will DVI out only be enabled after installing natit? Do I need to use a DVI to VGA adapter to install natit?

I am just a bit confused because the original post says that DVI out will only work after installing natit.

Thanks and peace!

I was wondering if there was any quick and easy way to make all of this into some form of an installer, where all you would have to do is pick out your card from a list, and hit "install"

I was wondering if there was any quick and easy way to make all of this into some form of an installer, where all you would have to do is pick out your card from a list, and hit "install"

There already is an installer, just check the #RadeonHD channel on IRC.

Oh thats easy, do the following:

1. When you're at the Darwin/x86-Boot, type -s and press enter.

2. Once its done type /sbin/mount -uw / and press enter.

3. Then type cd /system/library/extensions and press enter.

4. Next do the following:

rm -r Natit.kext
rm - NVDAresman.kext

5. Finally do this: reboot

If it doesn't work, do the same thing but instead of removing Natit.kext and the NVDAresman.kext, this time remove ATIRADEONX2000.kext.

will this method work with the ATi Radeon HD 3850 because i am also getting the same exact screen after restart.

SUCCESS!!! I have my screen now at 1280x1024.. The only problem is that i'm missing "ATIRADEONX2000.kext" so i cant add my device id to it for Quartz. Im using Radon HD3850

Does anyone know where i can get this file?

SUCCESS!!! I have my screen now at 1280x1024.. The only problem is that i'm missing "ATIRADEONX2000.kext" so i cant add my device id to it for Quartz. Im using Radon HD3850

Does anyone know where i can get this file?

Install graphics update

Install graphics update

Dude you are awesome.. Now i have Quarts and everything I love both of you. You do not understand how many times i have installed leopard only to get either white lines, or distorted screen at startup (i tried installing over 15 times). Now you understand how many. haah. well yall are both awesome and i will try to donate some money to both of you. :censored2: :):D:P:)

Dude you are awesome.. Now i have Quarts and everything I love both of you. You do not understand how many times i have installed leopard only to get either white lines, or distorted screen at startup (i tried installing over 15 times). Now you understand how many. haah. well yall are both awesome and i will try to donate some money to both of you. :D:):D:):)

I don't know about you but I STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM and i've tried every possible combination of stuff.

Dude you are awesome.. Now i have Quarts and everything I love both of you. You do not understand how many times i have installed leopard only to get either white lines, or distorted screen at startup (i tried installing over 15 times). Now you understand how many. haah. well yall are both awesome and i will try to donate some money to both of you. :) :) :D :D :)

Well....it was my very first post!!! Not bad, i think :D

...now, please someone help me with my ATI HD2400XT !!!! :)

I don't know about you but I STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM and i've tried every possible combination of stuff.

Do you have the HD3850?

If you do i'll help. i was in that status for the past two months until those people told me what to do.