[HOW TO] ATI Radeon HD 2400 / 2600 / 2900 / 3850 / 3870 on Leopard

mcsmart

560 posts in this topic

Hi, your guide works pretty wel but i'm having white menus in kalyway 10.5.2, i have a sapphire HD3870, is there any fix for it?

Thanks, Luigi

Hi, i have a sapphire 3870 singelslot GDDR4 512Mb running, and it works fine, temps are around 40 to 50 degrees. no strange menus.

I installed the kalyway 10.5.2 with the ati 3800 support (nothing else) then the kalway combo update with vanilla kernel, then the apple update to 10.5.4.

Qe/CI are enabled and multiple screens too.

When i do a clean instal without 3800 support it doesn't work, disco screen.

Well, I went ahead and tried this method again, but guess what? I got the same results! I followed every step of the instructions on post #1, and I even repaired permissions, and I got the same thing. So, what now?

My only hope is for this guy on the OSx86Scene forums to make me a EFI GFX string.

I've still not gotten this to work with my ATI Radeon 3870 X2 :D Every-time i follow the guide when it starts booting i just get the gray screen telling me the system needs to be restarted in 4 diff languages. ;)

Not working with my PowerColor HD3850.

I install Natit but I get a grey screen when I reboot, remove natit and its ok.

I read at netkas.org that you need to install the "graphics update" before natit from software update but it doesn't seem to be on there anymore which I guess is the problem.

I'm running Kaly 10.5.1 updated to 10.5.2 with the Kaly combo update.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi, where can find a driver for a Radeon HD 2900XT 1gb of ram, i see other topics, but jus for 512mb, can anybody help me, and if i can to work with dvi, i used to boot a dvi2vga, and boot ok but if i used a just DVI can't boot with leopard but with vista yes, any help is welcome

Hello,

i have a Problem with my Sapphire Radeon 3850:

I had a Radeon 2600 running on Kalyway OSX 10.5.2 i then bought a Radeon 3850 and the the problems began:

I installed netkas driver, replaced the 2600 with 3850 card - rebooted -> Kernel panic (the grey screen reboot your computer). Changed to the 2600 - running fine. Tried this several times wit no luck.

I now did a clean install with Kalyway 10.5.2 one time with 3850 drivers one time without "any" GFX drivers. I still have kernel panics. Any advise?

Hi, your guide works pretty wel but i'm having white menus in kalyway 10.5.2, i have a sapphire HD3870, is there any fix for it?
Why not try out the white menu fix for Radeon 3850?

Hello,

i have a Problem with my Sapphire Radeon 3850:

I had a Radeon 2600 running on Kalyway OSX 10.5.2 i then bought a Radeon 3850 and the the problems began:

I installed netkas driver, replaced the 2600 with 3850 card - rebooted -> Kernel panic (the grey screen reboot your computer). Changed to the 2600 - running fine. Tried this several times wit no luck.

I now did a clean install with Kalyway 10.5.2 one time with 3850 drivers one time without "any" GFX drivers. I still have kernel panics. Any advise?

I have exactly the same problems with Kalyway (user Nednerb few posts above as well) with a Sapphire Radeon 3870 X2.

I can get it to work in Leo4All, with QE/CI, haven't tried an upgrade to 10.5.4 yet.

I can't get it to work with iATKOS, QE/CI simply doesn't work.

My solution for Leo4All was to install Netkas's 3870X2 package, and then the Triakis package.

Any ideas? I'd like to get it to work with iATKOS.

Hi, i have a Sapphire ATI radeon HD2900XT of 1024mb GDDR4, but not work for me, i install and no shutdown, tomorrow update to 10.5.3 and 10.5.4. i need reinstall to see it works???? some kext for this. Only for 512mb but not work well i hope to help me thanks.

Great guide. It almost fully worked on my machine, the only problem is that I didn't get QE support. I have a ATI HD 2400 and followed all the instructions, except adding the string to the kext because I couldn't find it. Still, my graphic card is recognized as it is supposed to.

How can I solve this? Not having QE is awful.

EDIT: Nevermind. I had to install the Graphics Update.

hello there

I have an Sapphire HD 2900 card on my pc and I followed all the instructions and after reboot I have an error and my pc doesn't booting

the error is "b0 error"

when you saying edit the file and add the PCI ID what you mean exactly ?

The original post explicitly mentions Leo versions 10.5.1 & 10.5.2, and it worked very well with iatkos V2 that I had installed.

However, Natit+white menu fix have stopped working ever since I upgraded to 10.5.4 through Apple's update mkpg. Safe boot (-x boot flag) works, but that's an annoyance since my dual-monitor setup is not correctly detected and I have to change resolutions and arrangement every time i start.

Can you please, please post an update for Leo version 10.5.4. Audio has also stopped working since the update.

Unless the drivers/kexts in the iatkos V4 DVD depend critically on other components in the DVD (kernel, etc) it would be great if the drivers/kexts alone could be made available as a package, perhaps. Hopefully that will save a lot of people downloading the entire DVD and fresh installs.

Desperately hoping for a response

Thanks all you guys !!

I am a newbie! I have Leo4all v4 beta installed. I have the Ati Radeon HD2900 Pro. First of all I have a problem with installing kext! But then I finded this ATI 2900 kexts and installed it with KextHelper. At first sight everything work fine: 512 mb, screen resolution 1440 х 900! But when I try to install the logic studio there is occur the error: 

Logic Studio Installer recomends that your system have a Quartz Extreme capable video card.

Logic Studio Installer recommends that your system have 64 MB of VRAM; this system has only 0MB of VRAM

Someone help me! Explain step by step what I must to do!!!