560 posts in this topic

2600 PRO users.....

Here is my success story...

New build.

C2Duo 2.4 2mb L2

667 2gb Ram

Sata asus dvd

Sata Hitachi 7200 160gb HDD

Asus P5945GC/MX (in asus barebones 945gc v3)

Japanese brand HD 2600 PRO 512mb with the 9589 device ID.

Installed the latest Kalyway 10.5.2 package, chose the Natit option in 'customize' options during installation of Leopard.

Did nothing else apart from this......

go into your Main Disk, then click SYSTEM, then click LIBRARY, then right click on EXTENSIONS and choose GET INFO....

.....in the pop up box change the permissions to read/write for all users.

Now in the EXTENSIONS folder, right click on ATIRADEONX2000.KEXT

Then click on CONTENTS, and then right click INFO.PLIST and choose to open with Text Edit.

Then change the Device ID with the 9588 in it, to 9589....so basically just change the second '8' to a '9'.

Save! (if it does not let you save, you need to recheck those permissions, make sure they are set to read and write...you probably need to click the padlock, and type in your admin password.

After this step, close all folders, and open your Main Disk, then APPLICATIONS, then UTILITIES and then DISK UTILITY, and then choose your disk that Leopard is installed on, and click VERIFY PERMISSIONS, and after that, REPAIR PERMISSIONS.

Restart and possibly, win.

Obviously from the terms I have used, and the simple way I went about it, I am what you would call a newbie. I just wanted

to write up what I did without going into terminal, since some beginners get scared by that stuff! ;)

Also worth mentioning that I thought I had done the above procedure correctly once or twice, and it did not work. I obviously got

something wrong, so if it does not seem to work, I would definitely recommend repeating the process again. I did 3 re-formats/installations using just this method, and must have done something wrong the first 2 times.....

VERY HAPPY!

PS DRUMTHRASHER!! You seem to know 20 times what I do about all this, and you have not had success.....seriously consider a new card or switching to Intel or something....the 8 months of heartache is just not worth it, right? I was ready to quit trying to get QE today, and just living without Aperture, fancy Leopard graphics etc...and that was only after a week! :0

Here is a fix well partial fix for people having the blue screen on boot with a HD2600 Pro and have a working mouse. (drumtrasher same error you have)

Click top left of screen around where the apple normally would be, come down the screen in a straight line aprox 55 mm and click. This should send it of to sleep if you were able to hit the sleep function in the menu. When its asleep mash keyboard. Up it comes with a working screen. If i go to play a game it does same thing gave up on that idea.

Im guessing its a AMD problem as googling tends to lean me in that direction.

System is

Albatron SLi board

X2 3800 dual core

Saphire HD2600 Pro

2 gig Geil ram

80 gig WD

8139 Lan card

Onboard sound

Disabled Onboard lan keeps hanging box.

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 2600

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9589

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

Here is a fix well partial fix for people having the blue screen on boot with a HD2600 Pro and have a working mouse. (drumtrasher same error you have)

Click top left of screen around where the apple normally would be, come down the screen in a straight line aprox 55 mm and click. This should send it of to sleep if you were able to hit the sleep function in the menu. When its asleep mash keyboard. Up it comes with a working screen. If i go to play a game it does same thing gave up on that idea.

Im guessing its a AMD problem as googling tends to lean me in that direction.

System is

Albatron SLi board

X2 3800 dual core

Saphire HD2600 Pro

2 gig Geil ram

80 gig WD

8139 Lan card

Onboard sound

Disabled Onboard lan keeps hanging box.

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Display Connector:

Well the thing is now, I tried lastexile's beta 10.5.3 drivers and this time I don't even get my cursor, just a blue screen. The computer doesn't seem to do anything but occasionally the hard drive light will blink for a few seconds.

I was never able to make my Leopard install sleep. It takes forever to shutdown/restart.

i even managed to get dual screen working with QE/IC etc all working

Lexmark W820 printer working

Lexmark C910 Colour printer working

Mythtv Frontend

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT:

Displays:

SyncMaster:

SyncMaster:

I got it! :D

I just tried the 2600 installer, clicked the triakis.pkg, and reboot. Have both monitors running fine, but needed a tweak as they were set up backwards. :wacko:

At first I thought I was screwed, as it seemed to get stuck at the end of the text before booting, but as soon as I turned on the second monitor, everything lit up. Reset montior positions so my main is on the left. I only have 3 resolutions, but that's fine, 'cause I use 1024x768 anyway.

Now, if I can just get the sound working. :D

Has anybody gotten their HD 2400XT to work? (Must be devid: 0x94c11002)

I've installed Kalyway 10.5.2, and the card works with the "vesa" drivers.. You know, when it says 'No kext loaded'. But i can't get 1680x1050 or CI/QE support. ;)

I've tried to install the Natit drivers from netkas, and then added my devid to the info.plist of ATIRadeonX2000.kext, but when i do that, my screen goes haywire with stripes and dots.

I tried the triakis.pkg too, but it gives me the same problem.

I've seen a lot/some people with 0x94c3 devids getting CI/QE and different res to work.. But i haven't found anybody with a working 0x94c1 yet.

So, anybody out there with a HD 2400 XT (devid 0x94c1) that is working? Help me out.

TIA

Best Regards,

Hello guys I have kallyway 10.5.2 on s939 X2 4200+ with Giga-byte GA-8KN9F-9 2GB ram it's realy fast...but I have a big problem.I put Asus 3450 and it is recognize but I have 17'' monitor and the resolution its only 1024*768.Drivers i don't put from the DVD because the system was crashing.......please any help!!!! I trye to put from 3870 put nothig.

Hello everybody!

I have some problem...

First of all i want to thanks for this guide... It help for me.. Now I have full resolution...

But... My Video card works very slow... Even screensaver Flurry have lags...

I have Core2Quad Q6600 2 Gb RAM Abit IP35-E and ATI HD2600 PRO ASUS....

What's wrong?

is there anyone who has working leo with mobile radeon HD2600?

LowRadiation , im having the same problem with a mobile radeon HD2600,ihave try 10.5.1 - kalyway 10.5.2 and drivers from leo4all ati2600-pcie and nothing happent.My device id: 0x9581x1002

Hello All,

Could someone be so kind as to possibly explain why after installing the netkas kext or the triakis.pkg (using both Leo4Allv3 and zephyroth 10.5.2) I still cannot see the ATIRadeonX2000.kext file in \extensions? Has anyone had a similar problem?

I'm running AMD Athlon 4000+ w/ ATI 2400HD (0x94c3) and have tried unsuccessfully to install the Leopard Graphics Update thinking that may help me see the ATIRadeonX2000.kext file. Just not sure why I cannot see the darn file after installing the kexts.

Thanks...

Why loader show only 16 Mb VideoRAM???

Because it is stupid! You don't have to care about the loader, the OS does not really care what the loader says. When system profiler reports 512MB GRAM then you have 512 :)

Does the 3870/3850 drivers work with Apple's Mac Pro? I was thinking of buying one after this summer, but I don't have money for apple's graphic card updates, so... :shock:

Allso I'd like to know if PNY GeForce 8800GT would work in a real MP. What does it take to get them working, if its possible in the first place?

Hi all,

Did anybody get TV-out/S-video output on 3850 to work? I have Sapphire HD3850 512Mb and Kalyway 10.5.2, everything works perfect except S-video. That's not crytical because I have AverKey RGB-to-composite/s-video/component converter, but the native s-video output gives better quality and it would be great to make it working.