AppleIntelPIIXATA kext fully working for all ICHx Mobo (All Sata Channels working)

-DuNe-

418 posts in this topic

That would be after applying these kexts?

Yes, but maybe i did not understand well...

I have been running AHCI mode, my only problem is the 3GB barrier...

You really should'nt get any ram limitation in ahci mode since the kext in use is different, and i use the same chipset as yours (ich9r) and i have it working perfectly with 4gb. The kernel panics only happend when you use more thant 3gigs (some say only 2, i don't really know since i have 4 and got the panics without those kexts and non ahci).

Anyway applying those kexts and changing you ide drive to a sata one (or buying a cheap ata to sata converter) should make you panic free <_<

Great!

I was wondering about the SATA converters, I have 2 of them laying around. I'll give that a shot this weekend since I have a light workload and can afford to take the Hackintosh down for a while.

Thanks for the info! :P

lol!Like that noise that your car makes, but when you take it in to service it stops!Everything else works so good on my Hackintosh that I am hesitant to change anything. I have 2.2TB of HD and all drives are recognized. The only problem is the KP under heavy load with over 3 GB of ram. Even with 3GB of ram, the Hack box blows my iMac away in performance. Sleep, shutdown, restart, time machine... it all works perfect.I have a GA-P35C-DS3R mobo and I am using an IDE DVD and I have a 400GB IDE HD in there for time machine. WIll I have to replace the IDE drives with these kexts?
if you actually run AppleViaAta for your Sata in IDE mode, yes you should replace this old crapy kext with my fix. If you run in AHCi mode it is not that important.Anyway it is always better to have fully fonctionnal and stable kext in his system and to get rid of those old kext coming from tiger.
The thing is that it doesn't see RAID0 =( Is it possible to make kext which understand RAID0?
No, actually the only way to do Raid0 or Raid1 with hackintosh is to have an hardware Raid solution like the one integrated in P5W DH Deluxe (EZ backup). Such hardware does not need any software Raid drivers and so doesn't care of the type of system on the disk. That's real hardware Raid.

This kext fixed most of the crashes, but some other kexts still cause crashes. Such as running Parallels and VM Fusion at the same time causes lock ups. AHCI is the only bullet proof solution to > 4gig issue, but I hate how it slows my system down with the huge delays in waking the HDDs. Turning off HDD sleep in system preferences didn't prevent them from sleeping either.

Hi again,

That's because JMicron text's are buggy, as the VIA one. Thay just SHOULDN'T be used if you want to use more than 3 GB RAM. The bug is something competely different than the bug that the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext had (that couldn't detect more than a bus device). They are not related. Sorry.

Please !!! patched AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext kext for Tiger, Please!!! :)

Hi I'm currently using the maxmem fix and using IDE. Are you saying that I can delete the JMicron.kext without any problems and then uncap my ram? I have a ga-ep35-ds3p motherboard and 6gb of ram. I thought I deleted the jmicron.text once and crashed but i might be mistaken. What should I do to use all of my ram?

Seriously I have no idea what I'm doing wrong... Installed on Kalyway 10.5.2 using kexthelper b7.. Mobo is a P5K

can't find extension com.apple.iokit.IOATAPIProtocolTransport

Can't determine dependencies for com.apple.iokit.IOATAPIProtocolTransport

Couldn't alloc class "IOATAPIProtocolTransport"

extension "com.apple.iokit.IOATAPIProtocolTransport" cannot be found

etc

etc

I'm using Enhanced mode, latest BIOS (1005).

Also, I take it from what I'm reading that this won't actually fix the panics with >3GB RAM. Is this even worth installing for me? I had my 3rd and 4th SATA ports working previously.

Seriously I have no idea what I'm doing wrong... Installed on Kalyway 10.5.2 using kexthelper b7.. Mobo is a P5K

can't find extension com.apple.iokit.IOATAPIProtocolTransport

Can't determine dependencies for com.apple.iokit.IOATAPIProtocolTransport

Couldn't alloc class "IOATAPIProtocolTransport"

extension "com.apple.iokit.IOATAPIProtocolTransport" cannot be found

etc

etc

I'm using Enhanced mode, latest BIOS (1005).

Also, I take it from what I'm reading that this won't actually fix the panics with >3GB RAM. Is this even worth installing for me? I had my 3rd and 4th SATA ports working previously.

You read bad... IT FIXES the panics with >3GB RAM (there are only panics if u use JMicron and it is due to the JMicronATA kext not to this one).and yes it is worth for P5K users. what you did wrong i do not know. are you sure to have taken the good link, the one for 10.5.2 and not tiger. furthermore did you remove AppleviaATA ?

You read bad... IT FIXES the panics with >3GB RAM (there are only panics if u use JMicron and it is due to the JMicronATA kext not to this one).and yes it is worth for P5K users. what you did wrong i do not know. are you sure to have taken the good link, the one for 10.5.2 and not tiger. furthermore did you remove AppleviaATA ?

Sorry I didn't finish my thought -- I am still using the crappy Jmicron controller. I guess I will ditch my IDE drives.

I did remove AppleVIAATA.kext and I always delete extensions.mkext. It's possible I am just a huge retard and am trying the wrong one. I'll try again. I have been known to make huge stupid mistakes. Thanks ;)

I've got an Intel D975XBX2 (BadAxe2) and I'm running Kalyway 10.5.2. I can't see any of the drives on the secondary Marvell SATA controller. Will this fix that issue?

Thanks for the hard work.

...Nisi

Wonderful! So great!!

I've been considering to limit the memory less than 3GB seriously.

But with this patch, it's working perfectly. No single panic at all.

Many thanks!!!

- q6600, p5k-e wifi, 8gb ram (2gb x 4), 8600gt 512mb, sata 500gb, sata dvdrw.

- I've got frequent kernel panic with or without jmicron, now it's working fine with this patch (no jmicron still).

how do you get that pretty device manager looking app that's pictured on the front page?

from what I gather, there's no need for this driver if you have ICH9R running in AHCI mode with all ports recognized. correct me if i'm wrong.

DuNe, thanks a bunch for this driver! I was about to give up on OSX86 (at least until I got new hardware) since it wasn't stable at all.

With this driver everything is finally rock solid. :hysterical:

Cheers!

how do you get that pretty device manager looking app that's pictured on the front page?

from what I gather, there's no need for this driver if you have ICH9R running in AHCI mode with all ports recognized. correct me if i'm wrong.

It is called Ioregister and is bundled with Xcode.

If you running ICH9R , yes you can use AHCI insteads of this drivers and IDE enhanced.

But lot of people have their windows installed with Ide Enhanced and not AHCI. This driver avoid them to have to swith to AHCI in their bios to run OsX and have the benefit of all of their drives.

Great job, i am still find this method to get leopard into my pc.

I will try, now.

My Hackintoshi:

Intel Core2 E6550

Asus P5k -se

X1950GT with 512M DDR3

ST 160 SATA2

d-link-530tx

benq dw 1640 rewriter.

Thanks to everyone for i can find this topic.

Best wishes,

Luyi Hsu.

can somebody pleeeeeze help me?? I have a Gateway Laptop with a IDE\ATA hard drive. Tiger installs to it perfectly but Leopard doesnt recognise it in the installation Disk Utility. :wacko: i have tried just about every Leopard DVD that is released. help please i have spent quite a few months trying to figure it out. I can list more info about my Mobo and HD if needed. also see screenshots. thanks in advance

post-195491-1208594762_thumb.jpg

post-195491-1208594786_thumb.jpg

post-195491-1208594824_thumb.jpg

New problem now be found! After i replace the ioatafamily.kext in windows xp by Macdrive, i reboot the computer,the leopard can be loaded. But just only once can do this, after you reboot leopard, report 'still wait root device', and display 'coulden't find applepataic...... Now i am doing this, replace the kext, can use leopard only once, if i want to use again, i need login windows xp, replace again.What can i do to finish this trouble?Thanks, Luyi

Maybe i can try to delete the applevia.kext. :shock::P right? My mobo is Asus p5k-se .