AppleIntelPIIXATA kext fully working for all ICHx Mobo (All Sata Channels working)

-DuNe-

418 posts in this topic

Hello all,

At first sorry to have been away since a long time now. i am very busy at job and in my family life.

Just a word to say thank you for all positive and unpositive posts ;-)

My fix for appleIntelPIIXata is still good for 10.5.5. Apple hasn't made any update for this since 10.5.2.

Don't worry , i will update it if they 'll do one in the future.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello all,

At first sorry to have been away since a long time now. i am very busy at job and in my family life.

Just a word to say thank you for all positive and unpositive posts ;-)

My fix for appleIntelPIIXata is still good for 10.5.5. Apple hasn't made any update for this since 10.5.2.

Don't worry , i will update it if they 'll do in the the future.

Hi -DuNe-

Would you consider adding the source (or a diff -ruN against the Darwin source) to your downloads?

It like to be able to build everything from sources in case the original developers aren't active.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for the great job!

Is it possible to make it run in a different enabler kext? like an enabler such as HDAEnabler, AppleSMBIOSEFI and many others?

If you do so, we would get rid of those problems after comboupdates, when the IOATAFamily.kext is replaced, and we have to reinsert the patched solutions. I read it is possible for many kexts, for those who have skills, like you, it might be easy!

C Ya! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry, but don´t you mean IOATAFamily.kext instead of AppleVIAATA.kext? :help:

AppleVIAATA does not come with the retail system, perhaps hackintosh flavors if you selected them at instalation options, people use this kext for via sata controles, jmicron and others...

What do you do if you don't have the AppleViaAta kext. I can't seem to find in my extensions folder. I do however have an AppleVia.kext. Is this the same one?

ISSUE RESOLVED:

128GB Hard Disk (PATA) limit issue on my XC Cube by Aopen, Spec below (different from my sig)

SPECIFICATION:

AOpen

XC Cube EZ855/EY855

ICH4-M

Pentium M 1.6GHz Processor

DDR PC3200 2GB

Chipset Intel 855GM

MSI GeForce 7600GS 512MB AGP8x DVI Passive Heatsink Mfr: NX7600GSTD512Z (working)

(QE & CI working by using kext posted on this website page. http://www.infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=1851 (working)

Graphics and system speed got better after the 128GB limit issue got resolved!

Hard Disk: Maxtor STM3160215A 160GB (IDE/PATA) (working)

128GB limit resolved by kext in this thread, you are reading. All partitions of 160GB showing now.

IDE DVD writer Samsung (working)

USB keyboard & mouse (working)

Generic Bluetooth (working)

iAtkos 10.5.5 with all updates. (working)

post-69018-1231027952_thumb.png

post-69018-1231027976_thumb.jpg

post-69018-1231028356_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ISSUE RESOLVED:

128GB Hard Disk (PATA) limit issue on my XC Cube by Aopen, Spec below (different from my sig)

SPECIFICATION:

AOpen

XC Cube EZ855/EY855

ICH4-M

Pentium M 1.6GHz Processor

DDR PC3200 2GB

Chipset Intel 855GM

MSI GeForce 7600GS 512MB AGP8x DVI Passive Heatsink Mfr: NX7600GSTD512Z (working)

(QE & CI working by using kext posted on this website page. http://www.infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=1851 (working)

Graphics and system speed got better after the 128GB limit issue got resolved!

Hard Disk: Maxtor STM3160215A 160GB (IDE/PATA) (working)

128GB limit resolved by kext in this thread, you are reading. All partitions of 160GB showing now.

IDE DVD writer Samsung (working)

USB keyboard & mouse (working)

Generic Bluetooth (working)

iAtkos 10.5.5 with all updates. (working)

I want to download your file but Mediafire does not work. Any chance to load it on rapidshare or something else. ? Please i need that file. thx4yourHelp

• 3 weeks later...

Well, What can i ask for more?.... Great! :(

Thanks

EDIT: What exactly did you change?

MD5 of your previous AppleIntelPIIXATA is still the same.

MD5 of Vanilla IOATAFamily is also the same with your release.

I already said it in the topic, AppleIntelPIIXATA sources didn't change( version 200.0.1) but IOATAFamily ones did (new one is 200.0.3, old one was 173.3.1). i have just integrated the modified AppleIntelPIIXATA in the new IOATAFamily for helping those who uses the 10.5.6 and avoiding them to have some kext manipulations to do.

Well, What can i ask for more?.... Great! :)

Thanks

EDIT: What exactly did you change?

MD5 of your previous AppleIntelPIIXATA is still the same.

MD5 of Vanilla IOATAFamily is also the same with your release.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...