AppleIntelPIIXATA kext fully working for all ICHx Mobo (All Sata Channels working)

-DuNe-

418 posts in this topic

FYI, the 10.5.8 version of the kext didn't seem to fix the problem on my Dell E520 with 10.5.8. The 10.5.6 version did fix it when I was running 10.5.6 (though there still was the occassional "waiting for root device" error). I've restored to 10.5.6 for now. But this is going to continue to be a problem, I'm assuming, for all versions going forward including Snow Leopard. If there's any info I can provide about the Dell E520 that might help make the new kext work on it, please let me know.

(For example, in Windows, I see two SATA controllers - one is the ICH8 2 port controller and the second is an ICH8 4 port controller. The mobo has 4 ports [sATA0, SATA1, SATA4, SATA5] and 2 additional stubs on the board that were never implemented [sATA2, SATA3]. )

-Dune- Thank you for your kext! You are the greatest!

Just one question. Chameleon2 has a kext in /Extra/Extensions named ATAPortInjector.kext .I need to delete this kext in order to use IOATAFamily.kext?

EP35-DS3L / Mac OS X 10.5.8

That would be a good idea as they would conflict.

after editing DSDT like this http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=564 i'm able to boot my ICH8R in IDE mode with vanila AppleIintelPIIXATA.kext just by adding DEV ID 28208086 to it. i'm sure that it'll work with ata injector or just by adding DEV ID to DSDT

Got this working with the help of p|astikman in IRC. My DSDT was missing a lot of stuff so he was able to fix it for me. Anyways, it works nicely, but only SATA port 1 and 2 on my e520 with ICH8R. Anyone else get all working?

Is it just me or that using AHCI mode would have faster boot time?? Using IDE mode i would have to wait for about 10+ seconds after the blue screen show up and then showing up the wallpaper + bunch of background loading before the OS is snappy. In AHCI mode i could almost start launching apps right the way. Any ideas?

ANY news at all... ?

really, how many weeks has this been? 3? im not asking for a release, i understand it takes time, but come on, is he even alive?

C'mon. Give him some time. I am sure there are a lot of people anxiously waiting for this driver (me included), but there's no need to be impatient. Just use Netkas' version for now and connect your other drives via USB while you wait... it's not like you can't use SL at all. Or go buy a real Mac, I was told they work pretty well ;=)

OK GUYS! While your waiting for this, you can download SuperVIAATA.kext! It worked perfectly on my ICH8R setup. It also detected all drives. gab it here =) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190449

You will also need to patch your DSDT as mentioned here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...335&st=300#

• 2 weeks later...

hi all,

Sorry for late reply,

don't worry i will do the Snow version very soon. I was very busy this last month at home(my wife is pregnant ;) ) and at my job, so time was missing. But now, Snow is installed on my PC so i will be able to work on the drivers.

hi all,

Sorry for late reply,

don't worry i will do the Snow version very soon. I was very busy this last month at home(my wife is pregnant :D ) and at my job, so time was missing. But now, Snow is installed on my PC so i will be able to work on the drivers.

Hey Dune,

Nice news, you're right, take care of your wife first :)

2nd, thanks a lot for your great job.

Just for info, this kext :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189257

work well for me on P5K mobo (ich9 without AHCI) with SL in 32 bits (all SATA ports are recognized)

Maybe if you can get sources and recompil for SL 64 bits all will roxorrr ? :)

NEW VERSION AVAILABLE

Hi Everybody !

Just a few words to announce the release of the long waited Snow Leopard 64 bits AppleIntelPIIXATA !

You Can find it on the first post as usual :D

Again, i am sorry to have taken so long time to release it.

Anyway, Enjoy ;-)

DuNe

Edit: Added a universal 32 & 64bits version

NEW VERSION AVAILABLE

Hi Everybody !

Just a few words to announce the release of the long waited Snow Leopard 64 bits AppleIntelPIIXATA !

You Can find it on the first post as usual :D

Again, i am sorry to have taken so long time to release it.

Anyway, Enjoy ;-)

DuNe

No worries Dune. We owe you Big Time.

Thank You! :(

Edit: Can you compile it for both 32 & 64 Arch.

Edit: Can you compile it for both 32 & 64 Arch.

Done :) , look at the first page , i made a new universal 32 & 64 bits. I didn't test it in 32 bits but it works nice in 64 bits, so beta testers are welcome :)