AppleIntelPIIXATA kext fully working for all ICHx Mobo (All Sata Channels working)

-DuNe-

418 posts in this topic

I've bought a new gigabyte p55-ud3 mobo.

it seems that the kext doesn't work with new p55 ich.

Dune, can you patch so it will work on p55?

or if it can work, how to make it work with p55 ich?

I have managed to find a way to make the sata work on this motherboard.

For those who have the same motherboard, it is imperative to enable ahci mode in bios, then download the DSDT.aml for p55-UD3 on tonymac's blog and place it to your snow leopard root.

• 3 weeks later...

The 10.6.1 version of this file causes me a kernel panic entering the desktop on 10.6.2 - has anyone else had this problem? And is a different version of the kext in the pipeline at all?

Thanks in the meantime - works great with a P5B-VM running 10.6.0 and 10.6.1...

Discy

• 4 weeks later...

Im running 10.6.2 on a 945G Chipset ICH7. The motherboard has 2 SATA ports and 1 DVD drive connected by IDE. The It runs great even better than Leopard except for the fact that it wont boot with a second hard disk connected to the other SATA port; I get a panic.

Its been a few days just to get to this point, both SATA ports worked on an earlier install but they were displayed as removable and were orange as removable media should.

I've uploaded a screen, but I don't know where to go from here.

imag0092h.jpg

Im running 10.6.2 on a 945G Chipset ICH7. The motherboard has 2 SATA ports and 1 DVD drive connected by IDE. The It runs great even better than Leopard except for the fact that it wont boot with a second hard disk connected to the other SATA port; I get a panic.

Its been a few days just to get to this point, both SATA ports worked on an earlier install but they were displayed as removable and were orange as removable media should.

I've uploaded a screen, but I don't know where to go from here.

imag0092h.jpg

You have 2 options to fix that.

1. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1266403

2. http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...entry3537

Note: No need to use the patched IOATAFamily from option # 1 if you will follow option # 2

Good Luck :)

• 2 weeks later...

will this help solve my prob...i have afeeling its bcoz of it....im on snow leo 10.6.2 using legacy kernel for a p4 system

for some strange reason i cant get any program to install in snow leopard 10.6.2...been tryin to install safari 4.0.5. first it would just keep loading forever at the "select drive screen". sumhow that got fixed after a security software update.....

now it just gets stuck at installing safari(or any other progs)...the bar keeps moving but no install....can anyone please help me....also all my icons are transparent... u know ...the greyish square with dotted white borders around it....

would have posted a screenshot....but for some reason ....my screenshots wont get saved in snowy.....

oh and also if i wait long enough...it give me a Double Panic...that s what it says in the panic and then just restarts.

by the way i jus tlove the way stacks works....that actually makes it useful now...... was a complete waste in 10.5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am currently in the process of setting up my machine with 10.6.2 (and am also planning to write up a small "howto" based on my hardware explaining my DSDT modifications and used kext files once I have everything in place) and am a bit puzzled about this driver. My installation works fine using the native AppleIntelPIIXATA (I am using the Enhanced Mode for IDE in the BIOS) and I am only using two SATA devices (one harddisk, one DVD burner). BTW: this is an ICH7 based board.

Is it right that I only have to use this driver if I am going to use more than two drives (which may not worked currently for me - however - I have not tested this so far)?

Does this driver bring any other benefits (higher transfer rates, other features) besides "only" supporting more than two drives compared to the native driver?

After installation the SATA controller is not displayed in the System Profiler. I can see my disk and the dvd burner, but going up the tree (where normally the controller should be listed) I only see a white line - could someone please point me to a possible solution on this?

Many thanks,

thomlx

P.S.: my first post, my first hackintosh - great resource here which helps a lot!

Hi,

Is it right that I only have to use this driver if I am going to use more than two drives (which may not worked currently for me - however - I have not tested this so far)?

Update: I checked again with an additional harddisk and all three devices are displayed and working correctly with the native driver.

After installation the SATA controller is not displayed in the System Profiler. I can see my disk and the dvd burner, but going up the tree (where normally the controller should be listed) I only see a white line - could someone please point me to a possible solution on this?

I am attaching a screenshot to show exactly what I mean.

Many thanks,

thomlx

post-598569-1271092052_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

hi i have a problem with a nforce controller in my laptop.

notebook acer 7520g chipset mpc 67 ,i can install leopard on a usb drive but not in my internal disk!

When trying it internal after installing os i've "still waiting for root device" error .

The strange thing is that i can boot on internal only when i've two hardisks installed!!! and no " still waiting for root device" error.

someone has any idea about it?

tnx and sorry for my english

Hi, did you find a fix for this?

Thanks!

Hey guys, i know that the topic don`t talk exactly about this but i can`t create a topic because im a new member so, I having trouble with a IDE HD on my DG31PR mobo, mac can`t recognize it but windows and other can.

Anyody now what can i do?

Thanks!

Obs: Im using MAC OS X 10.5.2 Kalyway.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Update: I checked again with an additional harddisk and all three devices are displayed and working correctly with the native driver.

I am attaching a screenshot to show exactly what I mean.

Many thanks,

thomlx

I've the same problem, and i notice my hard disks so slow.

In iatkos 7 no problems. Right now, with 10.6.3. MOBO P5KPL-AM.

Any solution is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I got two Questions. I am having problem with the installation cause my bios SATA Option only (IDE/RAID)

for dell inspiron 518 mobo G33/ICH9.

so is this attachment would fix my problem ? and How do i make it happen ?

Please Guys help me if you can am about to loss it .

Thanx

not working on Asus P5KPL-AM ICH7

maybe cause i'm trying to install with PATA DVD on PATA HDD + i have one SATA HDD where Leopard is installed.

installation however run flawlessy, but after reboot just panic IOATAFamily (2.5.0)!

any ideas?

still having the same (weird?) problem when using this appleintelpiixata.kext:

slow system disk.

My OSX system volume performs very slowly (only 2-3 MB per second xbench uncached read)

Weird thing is: the other SATA hard drive in my laptop performs super good,

it's just my system disk that performs badly.

I'm on a HP pavilion dv9660 with 10.6.3.

I've tried some DSDT fixes for SATA but with no luck...

Can I fix this?

EDIT: Thanks to a post by Billabongo in an old thread: solved.

Unmounting windows7 partition solves the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm having some problems with random/under load crashing in Kalyway  10.5.2 as well as rather odd startup failures (every other startup I get this screen and OS X fails to boot):

cimg0341.th.jpg

I think the above might have been caused by me improperly installing this fix. 

What I did:

1.)Downloaded the kext for 10.5.2

2.)Used Kalyway Kext Helper to install the kext

3.)Deleted AppleViaATA

4.)Deleted Extensions.mkext

5.)Restarted

6.)Did a repair permission

Done. For the most part everything seems to work (though i have only been using this install for about a day) except when loading large files into iMovie the system inevitably crashes.

Any ideas?

can anyone confirm that this will work on SL 10.6.4 as well?

I can confirm that Detrich's 10.6.3 version works on 10.6.4. Actually, if you check apple's source code site, 10.6.4 uses the same version of AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext as that of 10.6.3 (251.0.1). That's why Detrich's 10.6.3 version still works.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

i'm having the strangest problem.

I formatted a 1tb disk to hfs+ with zero-out.

When i boot into osx everything is normal.. Then, after 1 minute or so, browsing, reading and writing with this disk goes utterly slow! :|

My other disk (with the osx install on it) is operating as it should.

Xbench tell me this:

Uncached Write 0.95 0.59 MB/sec [4K blocks]

for the 1tb disk

Versus

Uncached Write 98.64 60.56 MB/sec [4K blocks]

for the osx disk..

- I have everything in AHCI mode in my BIOS...

- installed and removed the ioatafamily.kext and made no difference..

- Switched sata ports, but it makes no difference.

Can anyone point me in the right direction where to look for the problem?? Or how to debug at least :D

Many thanks