Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

Is this included in the r4 as well or only r3? Will I need to do anything custom to the install in order for it to work? Sorry for all the questions. I am trying to figure this all out.

that is a bad bios problem... you need to ask kabyl about a patch or check his website to see if your mobo already has one patched firmware for bios?

this is the site:

http://osrom.net/biosmod/

the only way to install it without patching bios is using old acpi and apic... which is supplied in iatkos r3...

you will need iatkos 1.0i clean iso, and using r2 patch and r2 to bad bios r3 patch... you will get final working iso... both booting and install options... may sound complicated? it is for you as u just joined... but once u learn it, not taht hard...

easiest is to send kabyl a request... once your bios sorted you can freely install w/o problem...

im having this issue after loggin in. sometimes the restart screen just pops up. and asks me to restart. im using kalaway 10.5.2. this problem occures even when i update to 5.3 and 5.4.

also in 5.3/5.4 i get thiese lines that go acrross my display. when i move my mouse over them they go away but then they keep coming bk???

im having this issue after loggin in. sometimes the restart screen just pops up. and asks me to restart. im using kalaway 10.5.2. this problem occures even when i update to 5.3 and 5.4.

also in 5.3/5.4 i get thiese lines that go acrross my display. when i move my mouse over them they go away but then they keep coming bk???

i m not sure what the deal is with your problem, but if you can provide use screen cap of what it shows, we may try to help... (usualy restart screen comes along with error messages...)

I hope you are aware of the on board lan, 4gb ram and 2x nvidia issues as well (as stated in the first post)

Also Update News: 10.5.5 update package will come tonight or tomorrow hopefully :P just follow the Bike Adventures :)

ye i read that in the first post. im not running 2 GFX cards anymore. im only using 1. and im using the netgear v3 for internet.

i am however using 4GB of ram. you think thats the problem? and cant i upgrade to 8GB or ram? or im i stuck using 2.

sorry for all the questions, im going on like a little girl. but i just want a system that dont breakdown on me everyday :-)

ye i read that in the first post. im not running 2 GFX cards anymore. im only using 1. and im using the netgear v3 for internet.

i am however using 4GB of ram. you think thats the problem? and cant i upgrade to 8GB or ram? or im i stuck using 2.

sorry for all the questions, im going on like a little girl. but i just want a system that dont breakdown on me everyday :-)

anything over 2gb will cause you trouble, you can use 4 gb ram, with maxmem=3072 but i higly suggest using 2gb (1+1 for dual channel)

if everything sata on your mobo, efi v8 and 9.2.0 sleep kernel, your system should work like a charm...

i ment if everything (hdds, dvd/cd roms) on your mobo is sata.... but nevermind, i had sata hdd, and pata dvdrom and sleep wake restart shutdown everything was working with no problem... if used with kalyway 10.5.2... iatkos had a bit funny bootloader script issues ;)

Anyways, read my Update News in Combo Update thread ;) tomorrow, will be released... Anyone wanna see special patches/drivers of their choice? send me the files :)

i ment if everything (hdds, dvd/cd roms) on your mobo is sata.... but nevermind, i had sata hdd, and pata dvdrom and sleep wake restart shutdown everything was working with no problem... if used with kalyway 10.5.2... iatkos had a bit funny bootloader script issues ;)

Anyways, read my Update News in Combo Update thread ;) tomorrow, will be released... Anyone wanna see special patches/drivers of their choice? send me the files :)

Hi people , first of all, i would like to congratulate you all for the wonderfuull job.

Second, I cannot install Leopard, the DVD starts OK, then press F8, input "-v" and then: BAM!!! my PC reboots. Here is a detailed description of my PC:

GRAPHIC CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 (256 MB)

MOBO: ASROCK 4COREDUAL-SATA2

RAM: 2048 MB

PROCESSOR: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz

HARD DRIVES: Maxtor 6E040L0 (40 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133) (intend to use this one for

the MAC installation)

MAXTOR STM3320613AS

ST380011A (80 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)

Thanks in advance

Hi people , first of all, i would like to congratulate you all for the wonderfuull job.

Second, I cannot install Leopard, the DVD starts OK, then press F8, input "-v" and then: BAM!!! my PC reboots. Here is a detailed description of my PC:

GRAPHIC CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 (256 MB)

MOBO: ASROCK 4COREDUAL-SATA2

RAM: 2048 MB

PROCESSOR: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz

HARD DRIVES: Maxtor 6E040L0 (40 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133) (intend to use this one for

the MAC installation)

MAXTOR STM3320613AS

ST380011A (80 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)

Thanks in advance

Your MOBO is VIA chipset based......this is an nForce chipset MOBO thread ONLY......PM me now and I will point you in the right direction..... :blink:

Hey guys - pretty cool project! Thanks so much for the write up, major props. Anyhow, I've decided to give this a go on my rig. I downloaded and burned ATKOS v4. I'm not too sure if this is where my troubles sit, as everyone here seems to be referencing previous versions. There are now 95 pages, and I apologize in advance for failing to find any information in regards to my issues - in case they have already been addressed.

First of all, here is what I've got:

PC Power and Cooling 610 Watt SLI Certified PSU

Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus

Intel Core 2 Duo QX6850

2x2GB Mushkin PC8500 DDR2

2x WD Raptor 10,000 RPM Drives in Raid 0

2x WD 500 7200 RPM Drives in Raid 1

1x WD 500 7200 RPM Drive

EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 320MB

Liteon PATA 20x DVDRW

Here is what I know in terms of compatibility issues through reading this thread: 4GB is not preferred, however there is a way to configure the system to rock 3GB. I will not be able to mount and install ATKOS on a software RAID solution.

My plan is to run OSX on the single 500 GB Drive, tweak everything to run at 3GB of ram (unless it is unstable, in which case I'll drop to 2x 1GB PC6400 Sticks I have kickin' around).

I loaded vista on my raid 0, made sure to nuke the single 500GB drive - and now I'm booting to the DVD. about 30% of the time the DVD simply won't take me past the gray apple screen. 30% of the time it will pass this, ask me to click the button to continue and then hang while "preparing leopard installation". And then 30% of the time, it takes me in - allows me to format and mount the 500, configure installation and begin the process, only to hang about 5 minutes in.

As I said before, I don't know if it's just the ISO I chose to use or what. I've swapped optical drives, HDD's (originally tried it on a 250GB Sata Drive), burned multiple ISO's with different programs (sometimes POWERISO hoses up my ISO's). I haven't been able to successfully navigate through these issues.

Any ideas? Right now I'm downloading iAtkos v2 0i - Distro by: Broken Stones... I had originally used: iATKOS v4i (10 5 4 Leopard DVD)-(Demonoid com)

Thanks for reading!

just ran the install with toh -v... might have fixed my issues, we'll see! That is the right kernal right? What install options should I run with?

Hey guys - pretty cool project! Thanks so much for the write up, major props. Anyhow, I've decided to give this a go on my rig. I downloaded and burned ATKOS v4. I'm not too sure if this is where my troubles sit, as everyone here seems to be referencing previous versions. There are now 95 pages, and I apologize in advance for failing to find any information in regards to my issues - in case they have already been addressed.

First of all, here is what I've got:

PC Power and Cooling 610 Watt SLI Certified PSU

Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus

Intel Core 2 Duo QX6850

2x2GB Mushkin PC8500 DDR2

2x WD Raptor 10,000 RPM Drives in Raid 0

2x WD 500 7200 RPM Drives in Raid 1

1x WD 500 7200 RPM Drive

EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 320MB

Liteon PATA 20x DVDRW

Here is what I know in terms of compatibility issues through reading this thread: 4GB is not preferred, however there is a way to configure the system to rock 3GB. I will not be able to mount and install ATKOS on a software RAID solution.

My plan is to run OSX on the single 500 GB Drive, tweak everything to run at 3GB of ram (unless it is unstable, in which case I'll drop to 2x 1GB PC6400 Sticks I have kickin' around).

I loaded vista on my raid 0, made sure to nuke the single 500GB drive - and now I'm booting to the DVD. about 30% of the time the DVD simply won't take me past the gray apple screen. 30% of the time it will pass this, ask me to click the button to continue and then hang while "preparing leopard installation". And then 30% of the time, it takes me in - allows me to format and mount the 500, configure installation and begin the process, only to hang about 5 minutes in.

As I said before, I don't know if it's just the ISO I chose to use or what. I've swapped optical drives, HDD's (originally tried it on a 250GB Sata Drive), burned multiple ISO's with different programs (sometimes POWERISO hoses up my ISO's). I haven't been able to successfully navigate through these issues.

Any ideas? Right now I'm downloading iAtkos v2 0i - Distro by: Broken Stones... I had originally used: iATKOS v4i (10 5 4 Leopard DVD)-(Demonoid com)

Thanks for reading!

just ran the install with toh -v... might have fixed my issues, we'll see! That is the right kernal right? What install options should I run with?

I have the same MOBO as you but different CPU and GFX card so you may find my iATKOS v2.0i install guide in my blog helpful....... :ninja:

you my friend, kick ass. :) Thanks for the info - I'm going to follow that now! Thanks homie! If I have any questions, mind if I harass you?

No, so long as you are polite and patient with my "interrogation" of your sysytem and what you are doing with it........also I only make suggestions that MAY work.......no GUARANTEES........ ;)

(1) asus striker 2 nse 790i

(1) q6600 core 2 quad

(1) Sata Liteon dvd litescribe burner

(1) sata westendigital 160 gb hard drive

(1) RF versapoint RF keyboard and mouse combo

(1) Ati 1650 on pcie slot= (will be changing to gtx280 nvidia)

(2) 1Gig 1333 ddr3 ocz sticks

Ive been trying to get a quad boot running for quite some time now. I have tried numerous versions of dvds any only had luck with leov3 to install by using cpus=1. I can boot into the partition but it gives me this error.photo.jpg

I have tried iatkos2.0 & 4i, Kalyway 10.5.2, jas server client. All give me the still waiting for root device error when I try to install them. So I had given up on these. I have tried them in someone elses pc and they all boot into the install and were burnt at 2x or 4x. So my questions are can I get these others to boot using whatever sata driver is being used in leo4allv3 since it works? Also what can I do to fix the leov3 issue im having. I would really like to use the jas client server dvd, I was told that it can connect to the internet and download the needed drivers for your system but if I have to live with leo then so be it. I really don't care which I use as long as it works but like I said there is something that is making leo4all sata work so how could I go about getting that sata driver out of leo and put it into others. I woul really like to get this rig going so I can have Sli 3way on the other OS's I know I can't use it yet* on the Mac platfrom.

Thanks for your time. Nice job with your help on the nforce platform Mysticus. If someone could help fix this bridge it would greatly improve the X86 platform.

Later :)

http://rs142gc2.rapidshare.com/files/14698...62483/photo.jpg

dunno y that didnt show up but ok

http://rs142gc2.rapidshare.com/files/14698...62483/photo.jpg

dunno y that didnt show up but ok

http://rs142.rapidshare.com/files/146980534/photo.jpg

sry about the huge post if the above nk doesnt work

The installation (iATKOS 1.0i R3) stops at:

"Extension"com,apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style"

(It's just at the beginning)

I got:

MSI MS-7383 motherboard

Intel core 2 quad Q9300

Hitachi SATA2 hard disk

NVidia GeForce 8400 video card

Can anybody help me, please?

Thanks, Tambah

you have msi mobo, you have a very high chance from suffering of bad bios effect...

http://osrom.net/biosmod/ check this link for a patch or requesting a patch... (apparently your mobo range have patches for two models check for appropriate one...!!) after that you may be on your way to hackintosh world...

alternatively search between pages 3-8 for bad bios patch...

Well good news I was able to get t booted up on Test N force chipset driver it said something about sata dvds so I figured I would it a try. This is what I picked to get it working. Netkas 9.2.0 on leo4allv3:

Kernel= Netkas 9.2.0

Chipset= Test Nforce

Video= ati 1600x<--------only get 1024x768 res I don't think its working either

Network= Forcedeath -v or Forcedeath reg driver<---------doesnt work but cant get past keyboard os setup without installed

Audio= azalia audio <-------haven't tested yet but boots with

Acpi= Stock Acpi platform

So Mystical I have to get one of the recommended Nic's to get my networking working I can't use onboard? It does detect mac address but will not pull a IP. Figured maybe there was a update since 10.5.2 leov3 to get it working that I could add in to the install dvd or something along with my video card.

Thanks for the quick response :)

Hello, I have a question.

I have tried to install Mac OS X Leopard on my PC. I have a copy of iAtkos v1.0 r4 I believe, and I booted it up from DVD. However, I get the error message that says "Still waiting for root device".

Usually, the fix for this is to use PATA/IDE drives. The issue here is that I AM using IDE Hard Drives and DVD Drives. I'm not sure what to do now. I even disabled the motherboard's SATA controllers so that only IDE drives actually show up. I'm not sure what to do now. Any help?

EDIT: The Verbose Log if it helps:

http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000984dp4.jpg

Hello, I have a question.

I have tried to install Mac OS X Leopard on my PC. I have a copy of iAtkos v1.0 r4 I believe, and I booted it up from DVD. However, I get the error message that says "Still waiting for root device".

Usually, the fix for this is to use PATA/IDE drives. The issue here is that I AM using IDE Hard Drives and DVD Drives. I'm not sure what to do now. I even disabled the motherboard's SATA controllers so that only IDE drives actually show up. I'm not sure what to do now. Any help?

EDIT: The Verbose Log if it helps:

http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000984dp4.jpg

Suggest you recheck your BIOS settings.....

IOAPIC Function [Enabled]

MPS Table Version [1.4]

On-Chip IDE Controller [both]

PCI IDE BusMaster [Enable] or [Disabled] Try both ways

Serial-ATA 1/ 2 [Disabled]

nVidia RAID Function [Disabled]

SATA1 / SATA2 / SATA3 / SATA4 [Disabled]

Execute Disable Bit [Enabled]

Set Limit CPUID MaxVal to 3 [Disabled]

Intel EIST [Disabled]

HPET [Enabled]

ACPI Function [Enabled]