OSx86 News?

apowerr

OSX86 News  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should InsanelyMacs's 'Front News' page focus more on OSX86 related news?

• Yes- It'd be nice to have recent developments on the front page
    • No- The current scope of the news is fine
  2. 2. Erei33 for news team?

• Yes
    • NO WAI

53 posts in this topic

Yes, I agree. I come here for OSX86. There are tons of Apple news sites on the net, many of which are updated more frequently, and have a large userbase of real mac users. They're hard to compete with. There are many users who come here for OSX86, and I think there SHOULD be more of a general focus on OSX86.

How am I not on topic? We are being asked if we want someone to join the staff and I'm saying no. You, by asking me, are getting us off topic.

Right. Lets stop this foolishness right now. Numberzz, you know very well that every application for News Team, Moderator, etc... goes through the Staff forum before it is decided on. This poll only tells me that people want OSx86 news. The only reason they want erei33 for the news team is because he seems like a person who might actually deliver OSx86-related news. Despite that, you previously claimed (in one of your deleted posts) that Prawker had rigged the poll anyway - so the second question really is void anyway. I don't know what you have against erei33, but whatever it is - save it for the Staff forum.

Now - back on topic.

• 3 weeks later...
Interesting, a new AMD version of OSx86...

But did it get posted? No.

Instead, we get loads of posts about the iPhone

This is an OSx86. Website, not an iPhone fanboi website!

Erei33 for news team!

yeah....... {censored} the iPhone.

i definitely missed that news.

& Erei33 for sure!

Instead, we get loads of posts about the iPhone

This is an OSx86. Website, not an iPhone fanboi website!

Erei33 for news team!

Listen to me, there is a time difference of 8 hours from where you are located and from where I am located. You posted this at 12:22AM. Do you expect me to get up at midnight and write about it?

And a new universal (Intel/AMD) DVD in development, new SATA controller kext, a 9.2 kernel that fixes the shutdown issues, mac.nub's fantastic AppleSMBIOS.kext... There are all kinds of developments in the OSX86 world, and none of it is being covered!

Listen to me, there is a time difference of 8 hours from where you are located and from where I am located. You posted this at 12:22AM. Do you expect me to get up at midnight and write about it?

That still doesn't make up for the complete lack of OSX86 coverage in general. I realize that you're just one staff member, but how hard would if be for you guys to post OSX86 news?

Is this currently being debated in the staff forum?

I agree with erei33 100%. Two new Leopard releases are about to be released, and JaS came back. These really should be on the front page. We have other places to get the news that is currently there. I'm gonna guess that many people don't pay too much attention to it anymore. Could someone who doesn't want OSx86 news tell us why or how it would hurt?

+1 for erei33 on news team

+1 for more OSx86 news

Give us an update on this staff!

+1 for more OSX86 related news.

+1 Erei33 for news team.

There are already about 234,825 dedicated Apple news sites that do the "official" Apple news/rumor thing better. That's not to say that this site shouldn't report on those stories at all... But in my mind, this site's strong point is CLEARLY being a (THE?) Hackintosh resource. It'd be nice if the news page reflected that.

If this site doesn't want to report on so-called "scene news" ... Does anyone else know of a good one stop shop for OSX86 news?

+1 Erei33 for news team.

ParanoidMarvin is right

Instead, we get loads of posts about the iPhone..

Ok,I do care about OSX related News...but OSx86? (OSX and OSx86 user). I never have seen on the front page what Paranoid Marvin wrote:you only can access this very important information on the forum?.That is not fair...

Leopard AMD 10.5.2-EFI rev 2 by Zephyroth is out.

Le4ALL Intel/AMD 10.5.2 by eddie11c is out.

10.5.2 combo update for AMD by eddie11c.

+1 Erei33 for news team.

I think there are less & less OSX86 news on this site cuz there is pretty much nothing new worth adding.

I personnally think adding news for every new rlz of OSX86 is useless. Only PCEFI was front page material, everything else is just repacks or ATI drivers patches. Now that we are running OSX86 without that much efforts, it seems there is nothing much to tell about it. The Maxxuss century is over.

Just my 2 cents.

Should InsanelyMacs's 'Front News' page focus more on OSX86 related news?

Yes- It'd be nice to have recent developments on the front page

Erei33 for news team?

Yes

The Front Page News is absolutely biased, it would be nice to get OSx86 on there and I think it would be great to have a separate News Team, OSx86 News.

i heavily agree with more OSx86 news. I would even go so far as to say only OSx86 news, with an occasional mention of new apple computers/ OS X stuff.

iWork? iPhone times a billion? iTunes 7.6.1?

Come on. This isn't even interesting.

Yeah, I agree too and I would like more OSx86 news on the front page rather than it being buried halfway down the forum index but I can see InsanelyMac's incentive for not blaring out OSx86 in big neon letters, that would attract a lot of attention--maybe the wrong kind. But while it is good to be careful, it can't hurt having a little OSx86 news here and there :thumbsup_anim:

Well I do agree with cyclonefr — there isn't much worth posting about OSX86-wise. However, that's no excuse to overflow the front page with useless iPhone and other random news. Posting about your experiences with something (and solely that) isn't quite front-page material either. I can see things like new versions of OS X and possibly new apple software releases, but the iPhone posting is getting out of hand.

Also what a lot of people forget about the news (real life I am talking about here) is that they tend to do in-depth and review articles occasionally.

You see this a lot on sites such as ArsTechnica and Tom's Hardware. I really enjoy reading the more in-depth analytical and review articles and it's a shame we can't see more here ;)