HP TX1000Z Tablet Compatibility with Leopard

BlueCopter

979 posts in this topic

ATI drivers for a Nvidia chip on board ?

huh :wub:

I know on windows / linux you can use other drivers (hacked) to get more features mostly on old hardware. but never heard that ATI and NV or SIS / Intel can cross change....we'll see...and hope and pray ! :blink:

Yep, it will be interesting to see which drivers were used, and what "hacks" were employed to make them run the 6150go. I'd have to imaging there was some pretty hefty hacking/editing involved!!!

Look at wyzazz's sig line for files to get for the resolution. No QE/CI (hardware acceleration) yet. Boot off battery does not work yet and I have noticed other notebooks have this problem too.

Alex

DAMNiaTX:

You need azalia, it's on the install cd (you can use Pacifist to install from that)

If it doesn't work you need to flash your BIOS, look through the past 4 pages to see which version bios works for which model of the TX

For me version .04 did the trick, thanks to wyzazz's tip:)

@all:

I'm gonna try leo4all v3 and tiger a bit today/tomorrow, will of course keep everyone noted.

Going back to Tiger won't make me {censored} right?

@DuperMan

That's not my school, (I've been out for a while now) it's at American Yellow's school. But I'll drive/fly down to where ever he is to lend a hand. I'm a former US Marine and sometimes miss my Ground-Pounding days. :P

@wyzazz

look at all the bumps man, we're all anxious!^_^

I got Tiger to run (10.4.8) and am currently struggling to get wifi/sound... otherwise it seems kinda more stable+it recognized the fact it's on a laptop (battery icon present) right off the bet...

regarding my wifi, guess it'll have to go - anybody had luck replacing the wifi module for a tx1000/2000?

I'm hearing mini-PCI doesn't like being switched around

I tried replacing the bcm4312 with an rtl8187b, but no card was recognized, neither on the tx2000 nor on the machine from which i took the rtl8187b...

ps

it doesn't seem to get so hot in tiger, and in leopard it either runs aching hot and leaves the machine boiling for a while after, or runs ok, i think cpus=1 makes it better (cooler) for obvious reasons:)

[if you're gonna try tiger do cpus=1 at boot or it won't start]

oh, and @all, how do i turn verbose boot off?

sorry i've been gone so long guys, found something that might be of interest though. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=99891 ...there's all the darwin boot flags in this thread. i managed to stop the kernel panic when booting on battery by using 'platform=X86PC' although now it just hangs after detecting the laptop panel. gonna do a clean install and make sure it isn't nvinject or anything making it hang and then play around with some of the other flags and see what i can come up with.

good news on the ATI drivers guys. sounds crazy but hopefully it'll work.

Marc

...ok, same again, hangs on panel detected with '-noapic' but still gets further and doesn't have the kernel panic it used to.

helloo.....

anyone know how to get wireless working in leopard(zeph dvd) ?

i already use package from leo4allv3 but still cannot work...?

how about the audio...?, anyone get it work ?

i am still confused to install driver...?, which one i need to install....?

thanks...

helloo.....

anyone know how to get wireless working in leopard(zeph dvd) ?

i already use package from leo4allv3 but still cannot work...?

how about the audio...?, anyone get it work ?

i am still confused to install driver...?, which one i need to install....?

thanks...

I have a TX1410 with The brodacom 4328. The only way I could get it to work was installing leo4allv2. The v3 does not work for my broadcom 4328.

Alex

Firefox RC1 has become unstable for me. Again network issues at play..... How can I troubleshoot this.Also my router puts it IP in /etc/resolv.conf as a DNS host which it's not. How do I get DHCP to not modify /etc/resolv.conf on reboot.

Alex

@Mass-Face: I also tried some boot options (acpi=off) and i t also hangs up during boot (but no kernel panic).

It was a clean install, so dunno whats the problem...

And the rd= flag for setting the boot partion doesnt work for me :( It is always at the first partion (vista).