116 posts in this topic

Alright guys, catastrophic failure here on Kaly Vanilla 10.5.1

My specs are:

Core 2 Duo E4300

2 GB PC2-533 DDR2SDRAM

320 GB SATA HDD

TSSTCorp16x DVD+-R/RW DL

GMA 950 Graphics

Sigmatel 9227 Audio (Works under Leo with patch)

Intel Pro 100/VE LAN (Works under Leo with patch)

First time i run the system updater, 60% into the install, kernel panic. Upon reboot, kernel panic. System is borked.

I re-install from the Kalyway disc.

Installer gets to 44%. Kernel panic, same scenario. Can't get anything to work, so now I am running Vista. If I get a chance to fool around more, I'll get back to you guys.

Best of luck,

track

with the netkas method, I'm posting from 10.5.2, but my sleep no longer works.

About this Mac > More Info > Hardware > "There was an error while gathering this information."

UPDATE: Replaced my AppleSMBIOS.kext and now I have a sleeping beauty once again. :)

picture2gn5.png

System reports CPU at 3.8 instead of the stock speed 2.4 I'm running at the moment.

Updating 10.5.2 using the Netkas method worked on my Kalyway - Guid install. I just needed to restore the older AppleSMBIOS.kext.

Sleep works...Shutdown works....Reboot doesn't work completely - the process of a reboot starts, but it just blanks the screen and requires pressing the reset button on the computer to actually reboot

Netkas worked wonders. After the initial reboot, I did have to hard power off after 10 minutes. When i started the next time, worked fine. All improvements present, all power features still work as they did before.

Good work to everybody involved.

I'll be on later tomorrow helping others who are ready to "take the plunge". For now, good night.

Netkas worked wonders. After the initial reboot, I did have to hard power off after 10 minutes. When i started the next time, worked fine. All improvements present, all power features still work as they did before.

Good work to everybody involved.

I'll be on later tomorrow helping others who are ready to "take the plunge". For now, good night.

Same here :) I had to hard reset after about 7 minutes and it boot up fine after that. I am currently testing my power features though!

I am appy!!

After I followed the advice here I replaced the AppleSMBIOS.kext with the one from my pre-10.5.2 time machine backup. Now my processor and memory are reporting fine in the system profile. Only issue I have is it says 0 mhz bus speed instead of 1333 mhz bus speed.

Success!

I followed the netkas method exactly, and just used kext helper to dop my AppleSMBIOS.kext, etc. back in before allowing the reboot.

I had to eventually reboot with the -v flag, otherwise kernel panic, but after another reboot, all is running great.

My machine is still listed as mac pro, and processor speeds fsb, all are correct!

I then grabbed the graphics update package and installed that. With my 8800gtx, my opengl test in xbench jumped from 159 to 191!

Also my onboard marvell network just sprung to life, it used to always just show as unplugged, but I used wifi....

Anyway, very cool!

Anyone notice the build number is 9C31, the build that was seeded to developers on Feb 7th or 8th?

I already mentioned that in another post on these forums ;)

Edit: Ah, there it was...

To answer my own question. The "final" release is version 9c31, the same as the last developer release, so if you already have that there's no need to download the "new" update ;)

Apparently a few files have been changed since the dev build, however i've not noticed any differences... currently have the dev build on my PC, and final on my laptop. And of course, you don't get the Reversioner with the final version :P

~mac.nub

Installed the update using netkas guide and it worked perfectly. However, my keyboard and touchpad for my hp dv9260nr doesn't work at all serious drawback.Scratch that I copied my extensions over from my back that I created before the update and now my keyboard and touchpad work like new again. So now I'm all updated and everything with Leopard 10.5.2 :o

Can you guys who have it working PLEASE upload your AppleACPIPlatform kext for me PLEASE? I just can't get my old one to work like it did before. When I reboot or shutdown the system freezes on black screen and I have to hold the power button.I restored an older kernel and power etc works fine now. Also did the graphics update. A little disappointed I'm not running stock kernel but I am happy its functional.Kernel I'm running is 4.8mb in size. I think its the original hacked kernel from when 10.5 came out.

Can you guys who have it working PLEASE upload your AppleACPIPlatform kext for me PLEASE? I just can't get my old one to work like it did before. When I reboot or shutdown the system freezes on black screen and I have to hold the power button.I restored an older kernel and power etc works fine now. Also did the graphics update. A little disappointed I'm not running stock kernel but I am happy its functional.Kernel I'm running is 4.8mb in size. I think its the original hacked kernel from when 10.5 came out.
Yea, I could use that too. My restart function DID get killed after the update.Alright, I d/led the graphics update. Now I'm stuck in 1024x768. Can someone please post whatever text I need for power management/restart, and to get full res for my GMA 950? Thanks. I'll make it up later buy storing these kexts somewhere.

with the netkas method, I'm posting from 10.5.2, but my sleep no longer works.

About this Mac > More Info > Hardware > "There was an error while gathering this information."

UPDATE: Replaced my AppleSMBIOS.kext and now I have a sleeping beauty once again. ;)

picture2gn5.png

System reports CPU at 3.8 instead of the stock speed 2.4 I'm running at the moment.

olinboy1, can u tell us wich version and wich kext do you have used for sleep?

My 10.5.2 tell me only "2GB Ram" not the speed...and my sleep won't work for sure.

Thank you very much,

kdm

Yea, I could use that too. My restart function DID get killed after the update.Alright, I d/led the graphics update. Now I'm stuck in 1024x768. Can someone please post whatever text I need for power management/restart, and to get full res for my GMA 950? Thanks. I'll make it up later buy storing these kexts somewhere.

PowerManagement will not work with 10.5.2 there was a hacked version for the old AppleACPIPlatform.kext, however this kext has been completely re-written for 10.5.x making it incompatible with the PowerManagement bundle. Until someone makes a new one there will be no support. Unfortunately with 10.5.2, the old AppleACPIPlatform.kext doesn't seem to be liked either, which causes these problems (which have been around since the early 10.5.2 beta releases, no one had fixed it as of yet).

Also, for those of you that needed AppleACPIPlatform.kext, grab it here.

Grab the GMA950 Natit from the Hardware Section of this site.

~mac.nub

PowerManagement will not work with 10.5.2 there was a hacked version for the old AppleACPIPlatform.kext, however this kext has been completely re-written for 10.5.x making it incompatible with the PowerManagement bundle. Until someone makes a new one there will be no support. Unfortunately with 10.5.2, the old AppleACPIPlatform.kext doesn't seem to be liked either, which causes these problems (which have been around since the early 10.5.2 beta releases, no one had fixed it as of yet).

~mac.nub

PowerManagement is working on my Dell Lappy, just extracted the AppleACPIPowerSource.kext (plugin) with matching the AppleACPIPlatform.kext to 1.2.1 and IOACPIFamily.kext to 1.2.0 in it's Info.plist at the "OSBundleLibraries" section.

Sometimes it wont load automatically but after manual "kextload" it shows the Battery Indicator.

But I don´t know how to do the same in the System Profiler to prevent the error at Harware section.

PowerManagement is working on my Dell Lappy, just extracted the AppleACPIPowerSource.kext (plugin) with matching the AppleACPIPlatform.kext to 1.2.1 and IOACPIFamily.kext to 1.2.0 in it's Info.plist at the "OSBundleLibraries" section.

Sometimes it wont load automatically but after manual "kextload" it shows the Battery Indicator.

But I don´t know how to do the same in the System Profiler to prevent the error at Harware section.

Sorry, but exactly what did you do, and could that help my restart issues on 5.2?

I removed NViject then using netkas' advice, I had no issues updating on an Intel machine from Kalyway 10.5.1. Using the EFI 'bootloader' (and GPT booted from grub on a another disk), sleep works perfectly for me. I had to repatch the HDA kext for audio and I reinstalled the NVinject kext after the 'grapic drivers upadte' but otherwise I've never had a better running OS X.

DG965ot mobo, core 2 duo E6320

8600 gts

4318 broadcom chipset wireless pci card