Max1980

116 posts in this topic

I just tried with Software Update on iATKOS 1.0r2 and it installed, then OS X blew up "you need to restart" style. It won't boot, trying to single user using -s shows "Package 0 didn't get an HPET" over and over. The only troubleshooting I tried was moving the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext out of the extensions directory, this didn't resolve the problem (and I didn't really expect it to) but it stopped doing the Package 0 thing. Booting with -s just hangs after the cursor appears.

I can re-do my install, that's no problem (only did it yesterday) but was curious if there was any way to try to salvage it.

I just tried with Software Update on iATKOS 1.0r2 and it installed, then OS X blew up "you need to restart" style. It won't boot, trying to single user using -s shows "Package 0 didn't get an HPET" over and over. The only troubleshooting I tried was moving the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext out of the extensions directory, this didn't resolve the problem (and I didn't really expect it to) but it stopped doing the Package 0 thing. Booting with -s just hangs after the cursor appears.

I can re-do my install, that's no problem (only did it yesterday) but was curious if there was any way to try to salvage it.

Do you have a core duo 2?

Easier than Netkas' method (with all due respect to the man....)

In Software Update, Select Download only.

After you get the pkg; use Pacifist to install, deselect the kexts you want to retain or don't want to install.

Works fine on my rig, GUID w/ PC_EFI installed from a Retail DVD.

but what means netkas by

"now u can recover ur applesmbios/applehda/etc (didn;’t u forget to make backups b4 running update ?"

What kexts are to be recovered ? All ? Some ? One ? None ?

He means Hackintosh specific kexts ie your Audio kext, Natit, AppleSMBIOS if you have an older one, IONetworking if that fixed Time Machine.

I've got an E520, GUID, ICH8R. I've got a lot on this machine right now, I'd rather not lose it.

And, I'm sorry that I don't understand, but if all we need for PC EFI to work and make the OS think its Mac hardware is dsmos, then why aren't these all working perfectly. I know there is probably more to it, but I just don't understand what. Anybody?

Easier than Netkas' method (with all due respect to the man....)

In Software Update, Select Download only.

After you get the pkg; use Pacifist to install, deselect the kexts you want to retain or don't want to install.

Works fine on my rig, GUID w/ PC_EFI installed from a Retail DVD.

Interesting method. Does sound easier. Thanks for sharing...