Max1980

116 posts in this topic

Well, the way I figure, I'm on a USB KB/Mouse now, so I can sacrifice restarting abilities for 10.5.2. Really, what's so hard about a shut down and turn back on? As for sleep, I couldn't care less, as I never put my machine in sleep mode.

Although, when the new AppleACPIPlatform.kext rolls around, I'll be sure to grab it. Cheers everyone!

Is there any "9.2.0 intel sse3" kernel ready to play?

I will install this today, but I have to still using the 9.1.0 toh kernel.

yes, there is.

Just checked on 'the bay' for 10.5.2 kernel

first things I have notice:

a) Thery're remove all traces of transparent menus for my gfx :( menus now are full opaque

B) this universal kernel are rocks, damn faster and optimized? didn't test it too much

c) dock isnt laggy anymore :( I also could turned on the magnification without lag, lol

d) no menubar transparency for fx5200, I can live with it.

Well let me play a bit more with this one

I got the system profiler reporting correctly in "about this mac" as well as in hardware by replacing the new AppleSMBIOS.kext with Paulicats from back in the day. My machine model isn't a "Hackintosh" anymore but a "GA-G33M-DS2R" but I can live with that. Other than that it was fairly painless and mostly flawless. I'm on Kaly+GUID+EFI.

Cheers,

Nik

I got the system profiler reporting correctly in "about this mac" as well as in hardware by replacing the new AppleSMBIOS.kext with Paulicats from back in the day. My machine model isn't a "Hackintosh" anymore but a "GA-G33M-DS2R" but I can live with that. Other than that it was fairly painless and mostly flawless. I'm on Kaly+GUID+EFI.

Cheers,

Nik

I have the same board. What's ur power management like? Can u restart n shutdown ok? What kernel u rockin?

Proto,

Shutdown seems fine, sleep seems to function but I got some weird looking graphics when it woke up (very choppy and pixelated like the resolution was set very low. Not a biggie since I don't usually let my machine sleep anyhow). Restart gets to the black screen and just kinda hangs there (I need to press the reset button on the case at this point to continue the process). I'm running the 9.2.0 kernel. Hope this helps.

I have just updated my hackintosh to 10.5.2.

In my case, I get the Apple logo with rotating circle forever.

I followed the Netkas advice but differently updated the files.After updating to 10.5.2 ,

I booted to Windows , deleted AppleIntelCPU...kext, extensions.mkext ,

changed scrtips/1 to load dsmos.kext by using MacDrive.

When I boot to OSX, I get the Apple logo with rotating circle.

When I boot to the verbose mode, I dont see any error even till the end

where it says "Login Window started".

Even as I use 8600GT , it seems that OSX has

initialized my Video driver because I noticed text like "NVIDIA detected ..." &

"Natit Started ... "

But, Why would OSX wait after displaying the text "Login Windows Started" ....

Someone pls help ...

Everyone should download the 2 different packages from thep*rateb*y to update from 10.5.1 > 10.5.2

search kalyway and download the one that is 340.44MB

then...

search kernel vanilla and download the one that is 6.46MB

follow the simple instructions...

done.

Had anyone tryed the Leopard Graphics Update with both combo 10.5.2 and kernel ?!!

Only with combo, its broken... for good... dont update !

I'm running PC EFI v8 with GUID and hardware strings. I did a fresh install of Leopard; installed 10.5.0, updated to 10.5.2, installed every update including the Graphics Update. Everything's working great! :D