Remove the Hack.int.0sh boot rom info - KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD

Searay_X

79 posts in this topic

Technically yes however I got real busy today with a bunch of "real work" - lol...

I will look into it tonight -- I tweak so many things that I can't remember where everything is - but once I dig it will come back to me.

Regards,

Josh (aka Searay)

lol I know how it is. No worries, whenever you get a chance.

i tried this earlier and noticed a couple things, during reboot i get a small box with a circle with a slash going through it pop up over the apple. also it took about 2 minutes to finally boot, after it loaded i checked about this mac and it seems like it logs out and logs back in (goes to blue screen then back to desktop) rebooted again, again took about 2 minutes to boot, same issues. went back to the origional that i backed up and about my mac went back to normal but it still took 2 minutes to boot and still have the artifact over the apple during boot. i'm not really too concerned about it, deleted a partition on my hard drive to make it one big one, reformatted and reinstalled kalyway with vanilla. all is good in tha hood! just thought you'd like to know it's not working for everyone

I replaced the kext and still have the hack message in the info screen. There was mention of possibly another kext in the first post does anybody have one that would work?

Did you install the .kext correctly? Try using this prog it makes installing .kext files a lot easier:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=54098

Yes the kext is installed correctly and I did use kext helper.

Sorry guys - I am moving buildings and I had to move my "big" computer today and set it up at the house - I have a meeting at 7:30 PM EST and after that I can get back to this - I will also post the other .kext and see if that works for you.

Regards,

Josh (Searay)

I replaced the kext and still have the hack message in the info screen. There was mention of possibly another kext in the first post does anybody have one that would work?

If it is still showing Hackintosh something went wrong in that either your original did not get replaced or something else weird... Can you give me a screen shoot of the file "get info" properties of the .kext you installed from me and a screenshot of your system profiler? I especially need to see the file size.

I am hooking my other computer back up so I will post the .kext from it since it is a little different...

Regards,

Searay

Ok, this is extremely weird, but on P5K I started getting random application crashes (Photoshop cs3 crashes all the time, actually any adobe does) after applying this. After I restored backup, everything went back to normal. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Ok, this is extremely weird, but on P5K I started getting random application crashes (Photoshop cs3 crashes all the time, actually any adobe does) after applying this. After I restored backup, everything went back to normal. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Photoshop was crashing on startup for me with a P5K-E/wifi, so for the moment at least I'm back on the kext that came with kalyway 10.5.1.

For simplicity and sake of time I am going to assume that you have installed 10.5.1, have it working (or mostly working) with pc_efi and vanilla kernel.

My intention is to answer the frustrating question as to how to get rid of the boot rom showing up as a Hackintosh (verified with Geekbench)I have 2 pretty flawless installs of 0sx10.5.1; one using ToH and installing pc-efi v8, upgrading to 10.5.1 via update and correcting a few kext’s.

The other is a P5WDH Deluxe (which so far has been the most flawless install I personnaly have had) which was installed from the KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD using GUID partition.The solution is so simple I couldn’t believe it – all I did (after hours of comparing files) is replace the AppleSMBIOS.kext with the one attached – now I have a “real Mac” (or as close to without purchasing one).

Please backup your installed AppleSMBIOS.kext before you replace it in case this isn't a “fix all” for everyone.

As a somewhat related note, I replaced a few other .kext’s to get other minor things working –I hope this helps – I have seen this question a lot with no answer (that I could find) so I am happy to share it.

Oh – by the way – on both my installs another kext you need to replace (especially from the KALYWAY is th IOUSBFamily.Kext)

I got the one for my P5WDH from the pc_efi package and it fixed the 5 second thing at boot with external drives.

Regards,

Searay

oh - I forgot to add that i also have one more version so if this one doe not work (it should) - let me know and i will post it as well. i just wanted to avoid confusion in not posting two unless its really needed.

Regards,

Searay

NOTE: DONT FORGET...

I failed to mention that you need to insure the permissions are set correctly.in terminal;

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext

Otherwise you will get errors...

Hello searay, I really like this idea and it works perfectly on my system. Except that I noticed the booting does take much longer (would say about a minute to two) compare to the original kext (from pci_efi_v80). Any idea?

If it is still showing Hackintosh something went wrong in that either your original did not get replaced or something else weird... Can you give me a screen shoot of the file "get info" properties of the .kext you installed from me and a screenshot of your system profiler? I especially need to see the file size.

I am hooking my other computer back up so I will post the .kext from it since it is a little different...

Regards,

Searay

I just tried again and this time the kext worked. I must have screwed up the first time.

I replaced the appleSMbios.kext and it took care of the hacintosh bit and now shows p5k deluxe, but all adobe apps crash here to on p5k deluxe. does the appleSMBIOS get updated when new software is installed. what if the kext file was swapped right after a clean install then install adobe software after the kext. Maybe? any help would be great..............

I failed to mention that you need to insure the permissions are set correctly.in terminal;sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kextsudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kextSounds like an issue with the loginwindow.app or a permissions issue - have you tried a repair?

I must have forgotten to post back results- yeah, I did fix permissions and my M(H)acintosh is all good now. Many Thanks!!

Hello searay, I really like this idea and it works perfectly on my system. Except that I noticed the booting does take much longer (would say about a minute to two) compare to the original kext (from pci_efi_v80). Any idea?
Anyone else having this problem? I don't want to slow down boot time, and need to know if it is an isolated problem before implementing. Thanks

Anyone else having this problem? I don't want to slow down boot time, and need to knowk if it is an isolated problem before implementing. Thanks

I had slow boot too + constant adobe and some other application crashes. =(

Went back to the backup. Would be nice to have that hack.int.osh thing replaced, but it's not crucial anyway.

Sorry guys (and gals) - I've been so busy - I just got my computer back online after moving it to the house. I have yet to discover the full cause of the longer boot issue but i am looking into it.I would like to compare the verbose boot messages with both versions of the file to see if there is something obvious.Regards,Searay
I had slow boot too + constant adobe and some other application crashes. =(Went back to the backup. Would be nice to have that hack.int.osh thing replaced, but it's not crucial anyway.
Addressing many posts in this reply ;)I run photoshop CS3 (and many other apps) fine on all my PC/MAC computers with this patch applied - I need more info on this issue such as logs (including photoshop logs) - whether your running a hacked version or not and if hacked, which method and what is your build number? I also need to find any commons such as when you did the pc_efi patch did you use the package with the additional .kext's and install them all? Are the people with issues on one type of motherboard or particular series? Have you tried downloading and reinstalling the official 10.5.1 update to insure you remove other unknown oddities and then replace/remove only what is needed on your particular machine? More info with this issue and perhaps i can be more helpful - I cant do much without logs other than guess since I am not havening the problems your describing.As far as isolated, I do feel the crashing apps thing is pretty isolated being that only a few have reported it out of the many that have applied the patch so there has to be something in common here causing the problem.Regards,Josh (aka Searay)

great thread !!

thanks for your work!!

works flawlesly for me,running P35c-DS3R mobo and q6600

lol after fiddeling with geekbench i found out i'm still running 9b518 version 10.5

running update right now silly me :thumbsup_anim:

Warning before you change AppleSMBIOS.kext

If you are thinking of applying this AppleSMBIOS.kext from Kalaway Leopard, make sure you first deactivate your copy of Adobe CS2 or CS3 software before changing out the kext. Adobe looks at the hardware information polled from SMBIOS.kext to determine your hardware configuration. If you change the kext in such a way that your hardware information will change, Adobe applications will crash because it will think that you have copied activation information from another computer.

If you are having this issue, you can reapply the original AppleSMBIOS.kext that you used when you first activated CS3 application, deactivate, then apply the kext. Then, you can reactivate the CS3 software under new hardware info.

I dont know of an easier way to post this so here it isAdobe crash log On asus p5k deluxeadobe cs3 cracked for leopard with I dont know if it will help, if there is anything else i can post i will do soTHE CRASHProcess: Adobe Photoshop CS3 [136]Path: /Volumes/Raptor36/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Adobe Photoshop CS3.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop CS3Identifier: com.adobe.PhotoshopVersion: 10.0 (10.0x20070321 [20070321.m.1480 2007/03/21:16:39:00 cutoff; m branch]) (10.0)Code Type: X86 (Native)Parent Process: launchd [90]Date/Time: 2008-02-02 18:34:44.019 -0500OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.1 (9B18)Report Version: 6Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000005Crashed Thread: 6 Saturday, February 2, 2008 6:41:16 PM US/Eastern

Are you overclocked - I know that this should have little to do with the overall issue since it works with the other .kext but I need to know. Also, all the .kext I posted does is reads from the bios and some strings from a few other files and reports what the bios/files (pc_efi does correlate somewhats as well here) states whats there.

Perhaps there is something buggy or a corralling dependency is missing - I have got a few PM's stating that reinstalling pc_efi v8 fixes their issue while a couple of others have stated that re-installing the 10.5.1 update from apple made everything peachy - I am just wondering if there is some similarities here.

Your error is common on "real Mac's" with more than just photoshop and I remember that some cracked version of CS3 not running right with 10.5.1 on "real Mac's.

If you pm me I can let you know where to get a certain something that may be helpful if you reinstall PS but like I think there is a deeper rooted issue and I will try to find it.

I will look through your log and see if I can find something useful such as why Thread 6 crashed -

oh and as far as a better way to post you could paste to a text file and attach it here if you like :)

Regards,

Searay

Warning before you change AppleSMBIOS.kextIf you are thinking of applying this AppleSMBIOS.kext from Kalaway Leopard, make sure you first deactivate your copy of Adobe CS2 or CS3 software before changing out the kext. Adobe looks at the hardware information polled from SMBIOS.kext to determine your hardware configuration. If you change the kext in such a way that your hardware information will change, Adobe applications will crash because it will think that you have copied activation information from another computer. If you are having this issue, you can reapply the original AppleSMBIOS.kext that you used when you first activated CS3 application, deactivate, then apply the kext. Then, you can reactivate the CS3 software under new hardware info.

I forgot about that - you are absolutely right!Folks -- Try the above FIRST! -- I did all my CS3 and other application installs afterwards!

When you look at Thread 6 crashing that makes total sense.

10.5.1 is funky anyway. Similar issues have also been reported with other applications like iWeb on real mac systems after going to 10.5.1 - I think there is an order of install that may need to be followed since many that have re-installed applications (after removing them) have reported it fixing the issue.

Great info - thanks for pitching in!

Regards,

Saray

cool , one step closer to perfectionquestion: software update button, mac osx, - anybody knows, hot it works,.... mean what info gets send to apple ?

I have never spent much time finding out exactly what its doing other than i believe that it connects to swquery.apple.com and swscan.apple.com during initial check for updates.

---Searay

Warning before you change AppleSMBIOS.kext

If you are thinking of applying this AppleSMBIOS.kext from Kalaway Leopard, make sure you first deactivate your copy of Adobe CS2 or CS3 software before changing out the kext. Adobe looks at the hardware information polled from SMBIOS.kext to determine your hardware configuration. If you change the kext in such a way that your hardware information will change, Adobe applications will crash because it will think that you have copied activation information from another computer.

If you are having this issue, you can reapply the original AppleSMBIOS.kext that you used when you first activated CS3 application, deactivate, then apply the kext. Then, you can reactivate the CS3 software under new hardware info.

That makes perfect sense. I guess that's a work around. Either re-apply or reinstall CS3.

What about longer booting times?