Confirmation of MacBook Air?

Numberzz

68 posts in this topic

When Adium recently released their statistics about who uses their software, some eagle-eyed people noticed something strange. Down, near the bottom, under "Model" there was one user who was using a "MacBookAir." Hmm... This could be a person that edited their model name, or it could be real. Don't know why someone with an experimental laptop that isn't released to the public would be using Adium though...maybe to tell his friends. The recently spotted banners at Macworld, "There's something in the air," would basically prove the name to be true. What do you think it is, or does it even exist? Tell us in this thread.

20080113-ci8aecg2pbqy3ttwhhb2q3eq36.jpg

Full Statistics(Scroll Down to Model)

I agree, fake.

Do you really think anyone from Apple would have a finished version of whatever it is they are going to be announcing, let alone have taken it on the internet and installed IM? I could see Steve being majorly impressed at that thought.

My god, its like christmas again... i wonder what its like, even if it doesn't exisit...could it be some form of hovering laptop? or somthing with holes in?<<Hey, maybe its running vista?!

and as for 10.6...well we have got a good few months until the rumors of that start dropping in....

Think Mark

My god, its like christmas again... i wonder what its like, even if it doesn't exisit...could it be some form of hovering laptop? or somthing with holes in?<<Hey, maybe its running vista?!

and as for 10.6...well we have got a good few months until the rumors of that start dropping in....

Think Mark

I'd say by November of 08, since people are still having issues with 10.5.

9to5Mac said a few things that prove this is true. They said that this data was compiled before the Macworld banners were revealed. That means that either someone in the banner department saw them, or it's real. The person who said it was the worst kept secret inside Apple also said BEFORE the Macworld banners were put up, that they would be releasing a MacBook Air. COINCIDENCE!?

20080113-ffcgmkew8njuajwhs9ei8pxwsn.jpg

Another thought: What if Apple was to create it´s OWN fon-type service

with a new Airport device and software so that anyone with the new

using an ipod, macbook, iphone or other apple product could connect to

any other Apple wifi enabled device - Globally?

This would mean that all Apple users would create their own global

wireless community!

Apple is selling 3 million ipods per month, one million iphones, and

probably 1 million macs per month, so this would be a huge incentive

for Apple users to connect to such a service through Itunes to add

their ipod, macbook, or other device to the global network!!

This would give Apple incredible leverage and increase exponentially

the value of every Apple device as a new device is added to the

network!The Apple global wireless community!

from google finance board

interesting idea!

The name isn't very Apple. MacBook Air? I mean c'mon now. This is like when people were calling the supposed new Xserves, Xserve Ultra. I think they'll change the name. Do I think there will be a MacBook Nano/Slim, of {censored} course. But I doubt it's gonna have a surname of Air.