Confirmation of MacBook Air?

Numberzz

68 posts in this topic

Haha. So THAT'S what the poster meant!

There's something in the air.....an overly-priced, yet fairly decent, but still missing features that will get hacked into it within a month of release, MacPlane. Comes with it's own version of OS X!

Anyone ever think maybe its just someones Hackintosh, that Adium page seems to show a bunch of dell notebooks on the same chart. And who is using Adium an Apple TV, how awsome is that? I'm keepind my mind open, but I also know that I looked at the CPU chart and there was a 4.18Gig and a 36.29 clocked by them, those have got to be Hackintoshes.

post-168355-1200293887_thumb.png

Maybe if you close the laptop lid you can play Air Hockey on it to pass the time at the office!

LOL :) ...but you bring up a very good point, that being that 'Air' doesn't have to just mean it's wireless. The new Asus laptop is said to be "lighter than air" so maybe the new laptop is extremely thin and lightweight... I'm betting they come out with an extremely thin, light laptop with solid state hard drive, no CD/DVD drive built-in, and probably around the size of a DVD case, which will sell for around 700.00.

Laser, we all know it's a hack. Doesn't mean that they won't actually have one tomorrow at MacWorld. Doesn't mean we can't joke around about it. And Max, doesn't smaller almost always mean more expensive? $700, yea OK. Over my left nut.

And Max, doesn't smaller almost always mean more expensive? $700, yea OK. Over my left nut.

Well it looks like now your right nut is going to be doing twice the work :) The new Asus EEE will cost less than 300.00! When you factor in that it is 100% solid state and probably much more reliable than a conventional laptop, Asus will be making more money on it dollar per-square-inch ratio wise than with a conventional laptop. It has no moving parts and boots up in less than 15 seconds! You could take it to Starbucks and use it as a phone. It also has a built-in camera and all the latest wireless technologies like WiMAX. Now if Asus can make one for 300.00 and make a huge profit on it, I'm sure that Apple could sell the same basic thing for 700.00, include a better OS (Leopard) and make a killing on it because they would sell like popcorn. You have to keep in mind that this is basically just a circuit board, flash drive, some plastic and a screen. At 700.00 it would be MUCH more profitable than any other computer that they currently make ;) For the last year we've been hearing that Apple learned a LOT when they brought out the Mac mini. They want to now come out with a Laptop version, since laptops are their number one seller. I'm fairly certain that Apple will be announcing two things this year, movie rentals via iTunes, and a Mac mini laptop.

Sorry Guys, no new MacBook Air for you, that was just an inside joke we came up with a few months back. But hey, at least it took some attention away from what was really going to happen.

As bedlight/Hara Taiki mentioned Apple are expanding into the Airline Industry, hence MacAir. They're rebranding some of EasyJet's planes from what Steve last told me, adding a few Apple TV 2's (now sporting 1080p movie support), and streaming the movies to the Wireless Touch screen/receivers in the back of the seats via Intel WiMAX technology, the touch screen obviously functions as the remote control, allowing to to select your movie, fast-forward, rewind etc. and did I mention the screens sit in a dock which charges using induction?

Sorry Numberzz, there's no shoe range this year, maybe next year, along with the Apple Toothbrush (scroll to the bottom of the article).

~iLol

Well it looks like now your right nut is going to be doing twice the work ;)

:(:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical::D:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I can not show you enough how hard I laughed when I saw that.

When Adium recently released their statistics about who uses their software, some eagle-eyed people noticed something strange. Down, near the bottom, under "Model" there was one user who was using a "MacBookAir." Hmm... This could be a person that edited their model name, or it could be real. Don't know why someone with an experimental laptop that isn't released to the public would be using Adium though...maybe to tell his friends. The recently spotted banners at Macworld, "There's something in the air," would basically prove the name to be true. What do you think it is, or does it even exist? Tell us in this thread.

20080113-ci8aecg2pbqy3ttwhhb2q3eq36.jpg

Full Statistics(Scroll Down to Model)

I just love the little "lol" in there xD

Sorry Guys, no new MacBook Air for you, that was just an inside joke we came up with a few months back. But hey, at least it took some attention away from what was really going to happen.

What did you say?